And now their new announcement has me ready for new playthough especially 

The all-new Deadfire Pack DLC, which includes new in-game items to earn and discover, and new portraits from the forthcoming sequel, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, releasing in 2018

New portraits for complete playthroughs nice stuff.

Edited by draego

Yeah, you guys said it. It's definitely time for a fift-... errr... first playthrough *cough cough*  

Finally, being the slowest person imaginable at completing lengthy RPGs pays off! 8D

Get your ass in the game already. :D You need atleast one playthrough, preferably two, before you do your "save export" playthrough for Deadfire. 

Says you! I've got *two* save port playthroughs--my "perfect save" playthrough and my "first save story-based" playthrough.

And now their new announcement has me ready for new playthough especially

The all-new Deadfire Pack DLC, which includes new in-game items to earn and discover, and new portraits from the forthcoming sequel, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, releasing in 2018

New portraits for complete playthroughs nice stuff.

Data miners on the way. My personal wish is a good stiletto for a chiper or rogue

Well, you see... I see a shiny 150+ hour RPG, and I buy it. There-in lies my problem. :p. I have yet to complete a good many games. I am planning on jumping back into Pillars again very soon, and actually completing it.

Dude I don't have 150 hours between both of my playthroughs combined and I play fairly completionist.  Eternity can easily be beaten within 50-60 hours.

• Like 1

Don't worry it is still Q1 2018, it's been said in every Interview (IGN, PCGamesN, etc)

it hasn't change.

What changed is it's getting harder & harder to wait for this, "Monthly Updates" doesn't help much now.

At this point I just check what Josh brings in on his Twitter account, & wait for the Backer Beta to pop out from nowhere.

& still, after that we will have to wait for March (Around there) to finally get it in its full glory...

Hard to be patient & passionnate about something at the same time.  :banghead:

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 3

Hard to be patient & passionnate about something at the same time.  :banghead:

Too true, but the backer beta update should come sometime this week hopefully.  Then we will have a clear release day for that, and at least a beta product to play around with.  It really won't be too long now.

Is the forum section for the beta going to be available to the public? Wouldn't be surprised if it was limited to certain people, just not sure how exactly Obsidian does their backer betas.

Even if it is, people will open public ones discussing the beta by the numerous let's plays in youtube, so it doesen't matter :p 

Dude I don't have 150 hours between both of my playthroughs combined and I play fairly completionist.  Eternity can easily be beaten within 50-60 hours.

I fear you underestimate my slowpokedness. Let's just say that if I was actually the protagonist in an RPG plot, the world would be screwed. :)

Nah, I know Pillars isn't that long. I was using a bit of exaggeration on the time-to-beat hours, there, but for the genre in general. Or, a bit broader than the genre (not just CRPGs, but kind of all RPGs). Honestly, I started playing it, put about 30 hours in, and was having some pretty severe problems (this was way back when it released) with various bugs and build factors, etc. So I thought, "there's supposed to be a big patch coming to fix a lot of stuff in like 2 weeks. I'll just resume then." Then I started playing about 10 other games in the meantime, and very inadvertently procrastinated getting back into Pillars.

Also at the time, my work schedule ramped up and I stopped having much time to play anything. I may go home tonight and fire it up. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I just started a new game last night. AND bought & downloaded The White March. I'm only at a total of 60 hours, T_T...

I'll never be as cool as Boeroer.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u