I don't think there has been any explicit indication that we're expecting a beta announcement soon. That said, Josh did post this tweet about a week ago and it was also recently announced that the first play tester has completed a full play through of Deadfire fairly recently, so I could imagine an announcement could be coming soon. Fingers crossed.

I don't think there has been any explicit indication that we're expecting a beta announcement soon.

Not true. At the end of the most recent update Katrina said the next update will be about upcoming “backer beta”

https://youtu.be/64U0n2SaNmI

2:48

I imagine it will announce when the beta is happening and what will it contain. When will the next update take place is anyone’s guess.

• Like 1

It's only been two weeks since the last update. The time between updates has been about a month lately. So it will probably be a few weeks atleast before the next one. But one can always hope it drops faster. ^_^ 

• Like 1

New items for PoE, eh? Dammit! I thought this was my last playthrough. Will this never end...?  ;(

You would always save the play-through until after you've experienced Deadfire, so you can design a profile to play through everything back to back.

New items for PoE, eh? Dammit! I thought this was my last playthrough. Will this never end...?  ;(

Does our old PoE get the new things? Or do we have to throw in another 40 bucks? There is no way I'm not doing another playthrough even with very little new content. :D

Hey, free stuff!

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

They didn't say that it's for free though. ;)

"The new Deadfire Pack DLC will also be made available for free to all existing (and future) owners of Pillars of Eternity on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs to thank them for their ongoing support of what has become one of the world’s most beloved RPGs."

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised if the announcement will come along with Definitive Edition in the middle of November.

That's *awesome*. Time for my *fourth* playthrough.

But, but... but it took me many months to finish my recent "perfect" PoE1 playthrough!  ;(

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Wouldn't be surprised if the announcement will come along with Definitive Edition in the middle of November.

That's *awesome*. Time for my *fourth* playthrough.

But, but... but it took me many months to finish my recent "perfect" PoE1 playthrough!  ;(

That's why I hate dlcs that don't continue the game. You need to replay it to see them.

• Like 1

Yeah, you guys said it. It's definitely time for a fift-... errr... first playthrough *cough cough*  

Finally, being the slowest person imaginable at completing lengthy RPGs pays off! 8D

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yeah, you guys said it. It's definitely time for a fift-... errr... first playthrough *cough cough*  

Finally, being the slowest person imaginable at completing lengthy RPGs pays off! 8D

Get your ass in the game already. :D You need atleast one playthrough, preferably two, before you do your "save export" playthrough for Deadfire. 

Well, you see... I see a shiny 150+ hour RPG, and I buy it. There-in lies my problem. :p. I have yet to complete a good many games. I am planning on jumping back into Pillars again very soon, and actually completing it.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well, you see... I see a shiny 150+ hour RPG, and I buy it. There-in lies my problem. :p. I have yet to complete a good many games. I am planning on jumping back into Pillars again very soon, and actually completing it.

Whooot?! You haven't completed Pillars yet? What are you doing being so active in here then? Off you go - finish it yesterday! :p

Man, sometmes it happens to me too. I start an rpg and either I'm not in the mood, or something better comins in the way or I don't have enough time for some reason and I leave it midway through. But after more than 3 weeks pass I can't remember what I was doing so I must start it over.

Thankfully Pillars didn't let me do that :p