Hope to see more skills for Ranger.

1. Scatter shot (passive) - 20% chance upon arrow impact burst will send send razor fragments that jump to nearby enemies

2. Power shot (active) - 1/2 activation per encounter. Pierce/Crush damage through every enemies from a straight line. +30% damage.

3. Double shot (passive) - 12% chance to shoot 2 arrows.

4. Ice Arrow (Modal) - Deal freeze damage and chance to slow enemies. Work with Scatter shot and Double Shot.

If anyone has more suggestions can add in :)

Edited by Archaven

And like Swift Aim and Marked Prey and Wounding Shot and Stalker's Link for example?

There are only three abilities that don't work in melee if I remember correctly: Twinned Arrows (which is bound to bows), Vicious Aim and Powder Burns (which is bound to guns). That is way better in terms of melee/ranged flexibility than a fighter or a barbarian I would think.

There is no dedicated melee-only ability though. Maybe the Stalker gets some.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, I'd like more pet abilities. The pet is the only thing that defines them from fighters, rogues, etc.

Specifically, I'd like an ability which allows the ranger and pet to swap health.

I guess maybe you mean active pet abilities. Half the picks were animal or animal centric abilities. I agree though animal companions were the funnest part of the rangers and any new combo ability would be cool. 

And as always Boooooo ghost heart sub class.

And like Swift Aim and Marked Prey and Wounding Shot and Stalker's Link for example?

There are only three abilities that don't work in melee if I remember correctly: Twinned Arrows (which is bound to bows), Vicious Aim and Powder Burns (which is bound to guns). That is way better in terms of melee/ranged flexibility than a fighter or a barbarian I would think.

There is no dedicated melee-only ability though. Maybe the Stalker gets some. 

Hey man i am just greedy like that. :). Dont take your logic and obsidians badly thought out fighter and barb skills out on me :)

I think the perception is the other way but ye when you actually build a melee ranger their abilities/talents work well for both ranged and melee. I count around 6 out of 29 abilities/talents that are specifically for 'melee' attacks (well melee for the ranger since pet is always in melee) and swift aim/Swift and Steady seems like a gimmicky accident since it specifically says its for shooting stuff so ye that works and i know the speed buff is king but still. So when it comes down to it 4 out of all possible abilities/talents are specifically for 'melee' attacks.  All the other talents dont have anything to do with melee offensive fighting per se but those other abilities for the pet or defense or cc give the ranger great flexibility in ranged, tanking, and melee dps builds. So technically they also work in melee but they are not specifically for melee offensive attacks which you are correct isn't that big a deal. It doesnt stop melee centric build at all. 

I think rangers have a rogue envy complex because their burst damage when compared to the ranger (excluding the animal) seems 'greater' but when you include the pet and ranger damage on single target in melee it actually really good with the right setups.

Edited by draego

• 3 weeks later...