Hi!

I'm slowly advancing through the Sandpoint scenario after the tutorial.

I have a party of four, but then Seoni died from no cards left.

Well, I finished that subscenario with the three others.

While still being dead, Seoni had a few things to say about the turn of events at the end, hehe.

Words of wisdom from the crypt.

Well, then the three characters that survived each got a card as a reward, and Seoni was marked with a golden skull.

A bit later, after fiddling with the stash and selling off excess cards, it now looks like she's onboard again. No golden skull visible.

But just to be sure, is she revived for the next subscenario? If not, how do I revive her? I liked having her in my party.

Cheers,

Indira

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Permadeath is normally off by default.  When a character dies in a scenario, they return to your party after it is over, and keep adventuring onwards.  The only real loss is that dead characters do not receive end-of-sceario rewards.  While the characters that completed a scenario can't get the rewards a second time, going back and replaying scenarios is a way to catch up characters that might have missed out on a reward.  It might not be a big deal for random reward cards, but you would certainly want to go back and replay scenarios where a character may have missed a skill/power/card feat.

If you specifically turned permadeath on in the party management screen, then she's gone for good and you may need to replace her.  Though, I doesn't sound like that's what you are describing.

Gather your party and venture forth.  :)

• Like 1

Gather your party and venture forth.   :)

Because you must always Gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth.

TL DR: Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

How exactly does that permadeath work, anyway? Do you start with a level 1 character with starting equipment and no scenario rewards, and you have to grind them through everything again to continue?

I usually just forfeit a scenario after losing a character. I have to replay it anyway.

Edited by Nithavela

How exactly does that permadeath work, anyway? Do you start with a level 1 character with starting equipment and no scenario rewards, and you have to grind them through everything again to continue?

I usually just forfeit a scenario after losing a character. I have to replay it anyway.

That's about the size of it! :) That character is dead, so you roll another one and start again.
"Permadeath" is just today's gamer slang for what's always happened in the "real" world of tabletop rpgs and hybrids like the Pathfinder card game.
A lot of gamers today don't want this; and I can see why if they've got alot of hours and maybe real world money invested in their characters.
Me I always play permadeath; I like to develop my toons and build my teams, and I want to feel the "real" consequences when my plans go wrong.
But there's totally nothing wrong with just keeping that tick off and enjoying your game!

Or, for authenthic permadeath experience, you may also add only a completely new character to your party (i.e. hero that was not killed before in this party). Then, how many of the 11+n characters will remain in your party after B+1-6 adventures? :) Hopefully some.

That's about the size of it! :) That character is dead, so you roll another one and start again.
"Permadeath" is just today's gamer slang for what's always happened in the "real" world of tabletop rpgs and hybrids like the Pathfinder card game.
A lot of gamers today don't want this; and I can see why if they've got alot of hours and maybe real world money invested in their characters.
Me I always play permadeath; I like to develop my toons and build my teams, and I want to feel the "real" consequences when my plans go wrong.
But there's totally nothing wrong with just keeping that tick off and enjoying your game!

I prefer to see the characters that "die" during the game as being knocked out or too injured to continue fighting. And especially in a world like pathfinder and at higher levels, resurrection is rather cheap.

Maybe a step between losing nothing and losing everything would be nice. Like, your character doesn't lose any feats and keeps most of his equipment, but a few random, non-premium cards are banished and you have to replace them from your stash. Although I guess one could play it that way already as a self-imposed challenge... maybe worth a try.

Edited by Nithavela

Premadeath is a bit over-rated in that you can simply bring the same character along again from deck to deck until he or she is ready to join the party again. I haven't played the game for probably three or four months, but whereas legendary difficulty actually makes the game more difficult, permadeath simply serves to force the players to take more time if he wants to keep his core party. Moreover, if I recall it right, permadeath could really make the game easier simply because it cuts down on the characters. I have done hardly anything with permadeath, but I guess it would make the game a lot harder if the design team made it so that permadeath removed the character from the party, the player could only choose first level characters from those remaining to replace the lost character, and the size of the party remained the same for the purposed of including locations even if there are fewer characters in the party due to death. Not my cuppa, but some people would certainly love coming the forums to talk about their great personal prowess.

χαίρετε