Multiclassing a paladin tank (and party composition in general)

Hello there!

I'm quite new on this forum and just saw this topic! Maybe you can give me some advice!

Multiclassing sounds very interesting. In PoE1 I played, business as usual, a fighter/tank. Now I'm thinking of being brave and I'd like try that multiclassing options. There are two options in my mind fighter(unbroken)/druid(shifter) or fighter(unbroken)/paladin (goldpact).

I must admit I'm not too deep in character building and the pros and the cons of that.

What do you think? Are those good choices or could there be problems with these?

I'd like to be a tank/damage dealer!

Thanks in advance!

Shifter + Unbroken is a weird combination since you can't use a shield while shifted, and shifters really want to... shift. Unbroken + goldpact sounds very defensive, too, don't think you'd be doing too much damage.

You could just go Devoted + some paladin class and either go dual-wield or two-hander. Pick a heal too if you want to be tanky

A few quick questions:

- Stances and auras can be active at the same time?

- The upgrade of the endurance aura heals also the paladin or only the allies?

- How many hits the Gilded Enmity can take before breaking?

Stances and auras can be active atthe same time, yes. However, since they are active abilities, if they boost the same stat they won't stack (like Zealous Focus + Warrior Stance: ACC doesn't stack).

Exhalted Endurance heals everybody in range, including the paladin.

Gilded Enmity breaks after 7 hits. But if you have the upgraded Sworn Enemy you'll get back the 1 Zeal (which you spent on it) after killing the enemy. So you can put on Gilded Enmity again and again without further cost than 1.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Stances and auras can be active atthe same time, yes. However, since they are active abilities, if they boost the same stat they won't stack (like Zealous Focus + Warrior Stance: ACC doesn't stack).

Exhalted Endurance heals everybody in range, including the paladin.

Gilded Enmity breaks after 7 hits. But if you have the upgraded Sworn Enemy you'll get back the 1 Zeal (which you spent on it) after killing the enemy. So you can put on Gilded Enmity again and again without further cost than 1.

Thanks for the quick answers :)

PS. I hope the damage from Sacred Immolation doesn't count as hits against Gilded Enmity...  :rolleyes:  

Guest FireGodLike

Hello there!

I'm quite new on this forum and just saw this topic! Maybe you can give me some advice!

Multiclassing sounds very interesting. In PoE1 I played, business as usual, a fighter/tank. Now I'm thinking of being brave and I'd like try that multiclassing options. There are two options in my mind fighter(unbroken)/druid(shifter) or fighter(unbroken)/paladin (goldpact).

I must admit I'm not too deep in character building and the pros and the cons of that.

What do you think? Are those good choices or could there be problems with these?

I'd like to be a tank/damage dealer!

Thanks in advance!

Shifter + Unbroken is a weird combination since you can't use a shield while shifted, and shifters really want to... shift. Unbroken + goldpact sounds very defensive, too, don't think you'd be doing too much damage.

You could just go Devoted + some paladin class and either go dual-wield or two-hander. Pick a heal too if you want to be tanky

Thanks for your response.

To be honest I can't clearly remember but I think Eder was the main tank in PoE1 and I was the damage dealer, with the best armor, when it comes to close combat. My char was most of the time the last one standing. I started with weapon and shield and ended off with two handed weapons.The Grey Sleeper was the last weapon to use.

To be honest again the Warden option was only interesting because of the title "Warden". You know, like Warden in PoE1 or Grey Warden in DA: O. And Hiravias was kind of fun to play.

A multiclass between fighter and paladin is most likely to me. They have same abilities in some levels. Fighter will be devoted or unbroken. When it comes to paladin I'm not sure yet. Goldpact makes sense to me as my char had a great relatioship there. Which paladin class would you prefer?