As I can pick another talent on my AWESOME melee cipher, I would like to pick a weapon focus. BUT since I am an aesthetics freak, I have a hard time choosing 2 handed weapon that looks good with fine plate armor.  (weapon focus adventurer vs soldier). 

I have found a picture of a nice 2 handed great sword that would work great with my build.  The Hours of St. Rumbalt, but there are two versions of pictures.

One that goes really well with a fine plate. 

post-186470-0-07295500-1508504726_thumb.jpg

One that would look better with the golden exceptional plate.

post-186470-0-55153900-1508504781_thumb.jpg

So which one is it in the game? I assume one is from the older build. BTW: if there are ANY suggestions for cool looking weapons in fine plate, lay it on me :D 

I am not sure how to post pictures so this might suck....

Edited by Samugol

I don't recall that HoSR has a golden guard. So I guess the first picture is correct.

Nice choice by the way: one of the best two handed weapons in my opinion. Especially when you combine it with Merciless Hand + Dungeon Delver + Durgan Steel.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Boeroer to the rescue :D thanks man. I can finally level up now... and pick a weapon focus :D 

EDIT: What upgrades would you put on that bad boy? :D 

BTW: also I was waiting for an update of the game to download, more than 5GB any idea what that is about? From what I can tell the controls are different (PS4)

Edited by Samugol

Dude, you just go way beyond awesome. This is amazing, Thanks for the millionth time now   :bow:  :bow:

EDIT: I decided to use HoSR because I think it is a better fit. If you take Blade of the Endless Paths it just does damage. Tidefall's wounding does not work very well because of high intellect.  Also it's draining does not count as healing so you do not get as much health in return. The moment I realized, that Durganizing stuff also increases critical chance, I immediately looked at some on crit effects. HoSR is such a beast even among all other weapons. The fact that you get your target prone results in less damage taken, but the real awesome is the increased crit multiplier.  When you are a cipher, the enemies have lower resolve a lot of the time...resulting in a lot more crits and this weapon just capitalizes on that so much. When I crunched the numbers, this bad boy has comparable damage to the BotEP while doing so much more. 

Edited by Samugol

Rumbalt is a good pick for a cipher. I would use Merciless Hand from Doemenel and pick Dungeon Delver in Twin Elms. I'd put a lash on it (what you like) and upgrade it as far as you can. And of course durgan steel.

Usually the Blade of the Endless Paths does more damage - but it's pierce only and comes so late. Tidefall also does more damage because of wounding, but wounding doesn't generate focus. Another alternative is Justice because its additional 10% crushing lash (on top of the 2% crushung lash) does generate focus.

The Rumbalt's combo of prone + enhanced crit is indeed nice. I like that weapon a lot.

Until the late game (when you get durgan steel) Firebrand (summoned by Forgemaster Gloves) is the best two hander for a cipher though.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods