You guys think I should drop to a lighter armor from plate like say a breast plate (before I get ryonas it's better then plate lol) to get out LoH and Exhortations faster?

Have gun will travel.

You won't get them out faster. The armor has nothing to to with the long casting animation. Unless you mean that you would like to use it more early right after attacks or other actions.

If you want to be a better "spammer" you need high DEX and a thinner armor.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well the recovery in between actions is less with thinner armor. So the time between my auto attack and a lay on Hands will be less.

Funny I play the hell out of this game and still don't fully understand that.

Have gun will travel.

Well the recovery in between actions is less with thinner armor. So the time between my auto attack and a lay on Hands will be less.

Equip a fast weapon then)

Forgotten Tear of the Beloved, St. Wygelt's Cudgel, Captain Viccilo's Anger, Spelltongue (if you are not going to durganize it, cose of the bug) are great utility weapons for a paladin tank.

But yeah, the fastest gonna be: Rêghar Konnek, March Steel Dagger, Unforgiven, The Unlabored Blade (can't be durganized) and Sword of Daenysis

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Unlabored Blade can't be durganized. Sword of Daenysis looks kind of cool on a Darcozzi with a buckler and a breastplate or padded armor. It's also a nice auto-attack weapon.

Another trick: Quick Switch + Coil of Resourcefulness. You can be as sluggish as you want - but if you need to put out Lay on Hands and such quickly and as sonn as possible, just switch during your recovery (or even better - right after the attack animation) and *poof* recovery is gone. You can immediately cast LoH. Also works without Coil, but is a bit slower.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Unlabored Blade can't be durganized. Sword of Daenysis looks kind of cool on a Darcozzi with a buckler and a breastplate or padded armor. It's also a nice auto-attack weapon.

Another trick: Quick Switch + Coil of Resourcefulness. You can be as sluggish as you want - but if you need to put out Lay on Hands and such quickly and as sonn as possible, just switch during your recovery (or even better - right after the attack animation) and *poof* recovery is gone. You can immediately cast LoH. Also works without Coil, but is a bit slower.

Exactly what I was looking for. That is what I thought.

Equip a fast weapon then)

Forgotten Tear of the Beloved, St. Wygelt's Cudgel, Captain Viccilo's Anger, Spelltongue (if you are not going to durganize it, cose of the bug) are great utility weapons for a paladin tank.

But yeah, the fastest gonna be: Rêghar Konnek, March Steel Dagger, Unforgiven, The Unlabored Blade and Sword of Daenysis

So attack speed weapons. Strike Hard works too then correct? I still at times quick switch with an Arbalest with this build and strike hard had disorienting and WF: Soldier: Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

So attack speed weapons. Strike Hard works too then correct?

Fast one-handed weapons with speed enchant.

The ones I listed have 20 frames attack duration (rapiers: 19.1), while Strike Hard has 30, which makes it (dex and delay aside) x1.5 slower.

P.S. Just a reminder for other new forumers that might stumble upon this thread later on: speed enchant on weapon does not affect casting speed/duration. These weapons were recommended to reduce the recovery between a weapon swing and the actual start of casting.

So attack speed weapons. Strike Hard works too then correct?

Fast one-handed weapons with speed enchant.

The ones I listed have 20 frames attack duration (rapiers: 19.1), while Strike Hard has 30, which makes it (dex and delay aside) x1.5 slower.

P.S. Just a reminder for other new forumers that might stumble upon this thread later on: speed enchant on weapon does not affect casting speed/duration. These weapons were recommended to reduce the recovery between a weapon swing and the actual start of casting.

Ya true guess I was trying to find a balance between the speed weapons and something that's a semi threat when wielding it against opponents. But TBH I know better. FoD Alpha Strike is only worth a damn with a big hitter weapon it's a waste with one handers unless duel wielding.

Still I have Sword and The Shepherd so I've been using FoD as a great AOE burst Endurance heal like the priest heal. That let's me use the priest heal as an ACC buff and not have to worry about it not healing anyone.

I'll just rely on Sacred Immolation for DPS on this build and the occasional quick Arbalest shot.

PS apologies for typos I'm always on a phone lol

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.