Update #41 - From the Feed of the Director Part IV

It is evidently not that bad in Italy that it can't be the name of a respectable wine.

Is that some kind of trend? I mean giving wine some ****ty names...

vin-de-merde1.jpg?w=259&h=300darse.jpg?w=200&h=300

see more..

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Fessa is a dialectal word for “p*ssy”, still in use as an insult. Fessina is its diminutive, and it means “little p*ssy.” Can’t take a character seriously with that name.

Buhaha. Now I really, really hope they leave the name as it is. ;)

Reminds me of the times when the biggest German pen&paper rpg called "Das Schwarze Auge" wanted to hit the EU market with localized versions. In UK they tried "the Black Eye" first until they realized that this describes a bruised eye. Then they wanted so sell the game in Spain and named it "El Ojo Negro" which basically means "The A-Hole". :lol:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 9

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Reminds me of the times when the biggest German pen&paper rpg called "Das Schwarze Auge" wanted to hit the EU market with localized versions. In UK they tried "the Black Eye" first until they realized that this describes a bruised eye. Then they wanted so sell the game in Spain and named it "El Ojo Negro" which basically means "The A-Hole". :lol:

rofl

Sometimes this thing with names happen and might be funny initially. I remeber watching The Lasr Airbender series with that girl named Katara, meaning curse in greek and the sequel The Legend of Korra, korra meaning crust (as in bread crust) in greek :p

But that thing with the Dark Eye failed translations is priceless :D

Thank you very much animator that created the pommel strike animation, playing as a fighter - my favourite class in any rpg game - is quite frustrating, no one gives a **** about us, all of the resourses and attention goes directly to the wizards, priests and druids.

Every game is the same thing, fireballs to the mages, priests get amazing light effects, hunters get some crazy backflips, rogues get those cool shadow effects, and warriors get... some red lights on their swords and axes...

• Like 2

Does anybody know if it's still possible to upgrade to a tier that has the space pig plush? I don't see it in any of the rewards lists on the backer portal. I didn't have the money when the original campaign was running, but I do now, and it's really adorable ...

It's in the 500$ dollar tier. The devs said at one point, that they will look into the possibility for an addon with just the plushie. I don't know if they're gonna make it reality thou. Maybe a nice dev could help with the answer here? :)

Thanks for the info! I wasn't looking high enough. And that is about twice as much money as I'm willing to spend, so I guess I will not be getting a plush space pig unless they make it available separately.

Fessa is a dialectal word for “p*ssy”, still in use as an insult. Fessina is its diminutive, and it means “little p*ssy.” Can’t take a character seriously with that name.

Not as seriously as that namn, but in PoE 1, Kana is Finnish for chicken :)

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

I just noticed a new(?) graphics feature that I believe is awsome: weapons (the single-handed at least) have proper scabbards! I just noticed it as Eder draws his weapons to give Takehu a good ol' pummel to the face. Neat, huh?

Also, I propose the change of the name of "pommel strike" to "good ol' pummel to the face" :p

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

What does "injured for 59 days" mean?

It means reload. ;)

I still have pretty sad memories of the first Dragon Age, and those injuries, which soon led to me reloading as soon as a party member got badly injured.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I predict the Backer Beta will begin some time in January or February. I don't really know, though.

"Upcoming" can be as vague as one wants.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was thinking beta will begin in December or somewhere around that since the game is for release Q1 '18 and has no delays up to now. Late March I think is most probable. Maybe the same day the 1st was out just for the sake of it :p

So the beta must be a few months active till then so the devs can change stuff in time?

Edited by Sedrefilos

A clarification from english native speakers, if you are so kind: "upcoming" means something to happen in near future. But how near? Is it like "literally the next thing coming up" or "sometime in the near future" , like it can be 5 updates later?

Generally the next thing coming up or coming soon, should be the next update given that the beta is going to have to start soon if they want to make Josh's self imposed unofficial March 2018 deadline.

Though as Pidesco said, 'upcoming' can be as vague in "how soon" as one wants, but tends to be pretty contextual.

And yeah, the beta would generally last a few months, maybe a month, or three, depending on what the devs want to do and how things go.

Edited by smjjames

It's a crew member though, not one of the companions/party members. I assume it means exactly that, how many game days it takes for the crew member to fully recover, however, given that it's a bugged result, it may not be intended to be that long.

Mayhaps it's actually XCOM: Pirates on Legendary difficulty, and that crewmember got a papercut or something.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I just noticed a new(?) graphics feature that I believe is awsome: weapons (the single-handed at least) have proper scabbards! I just noticed it as Eder draws his weapons to give Takehu a good ol' pummel to the face. Neat, huh?

Also, I propose the change of the name of "pommel strike" to "good ol' pummel to the face" :p

Can we wield a frozen fish for some Monty Python good times? :w00t:

Can we wield a frozen fish for some Monty Python good times? :w00t:

Or a chicken. To go with a full plate armor.

I saw the UI of the Character screen are quite spaced out and looks simplified to me. They actually has to add the Injury beside the portraits to make it not so obvious. I personally like the portraits to stick closer to each other just like first PoE. The GUI in first PoE looks perfect to me. I hope there can be a classic UI options for Deadfire.

Personally with just 1 injury, i would have just rest. Would anyone stack so many injuries? Or they made it part of the resting mechanics so that resting are very limited?

Edited by Archaven

I saw the UI of the Character screen are quite spaced out and looks simplified to me. They actually has to add the Injury beside the portraits to make it not so obvious. I personally like the portraits to stick closer to each other just like first PoE. The GUI in first PoE looks perfect to me. I hope there can be a classic UI options for Deadfire.

Personally with just 1 injury, i would have just rest. Would anyone stack so many injuries? Or they made it part of the resting mechanics so that resting are very limited?

Resting was limited in Pillars 1 anyway. 4 rests in normal diff. Then you have to resupply.