Update #41 - From the Feed of the Director Part IV

I don't see the Collected Pillars of Eternity I Novellas Omnibus Version as a download in My Products tab. I'm on the Elite Collector's + Statue tier, so I should have that. Am I looking wrong?  

And it showed up now as a download. Guess I was too fast earlier today!

sidekicks:

1) standard voice set

2) unique portrait

3) introductory quest related conversations

It seems they will be quite a bit more shallow than I hoped for after initial pitch. No banter, no character conversation (whats your backstory.) I am afraid they might end up sweeping floor back on the ship after initial quest is done.

I hope banter is ON.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91677-the-dwarven-companion-recovery-front/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1888344

The image there is dead, but I got my answer from one of the devs, and it was positive back then...

Yeah, I remember it being confirmed. It would be great to see anything on top of features listed in the vid. I find it strange they wouldn’t mention banter and “introductory quest related conversation” is so specific I assumed it is all there is. They could have limited the sidekicks content during the development.

I just wish the weather get bad sometime soon down here and get me in that mood when I was curling under the blankets at night, watching Pillars 1 beta playthroughs in youtube hehehe. I used to like Sensuki's first couple of videos :p

I mean come on! Apart from the personal 2013 nostalgia thing, when are we gonna put some jackets on goddammit?! I'm sick of wearing t-shirts still :(

Edited by Sedrefilos

Why is Ydwin smiling now? :blink:

Gonna take a wild guess and say that a lot of people (this forum included) thought she looked really serious and Obsidian decided to make her look a bit less serious.

but its nice to have serious people. 

True, nothing wrong with having serious people, but I guess that's not how Lindsey intended Ydwin to be portrayed or decided it was giving the wrong impression. The comments about looking like a vampire might have been part of it. As I said, Fessina's serious look has a bit of "I don't give a *bleep*." to it.

So nobody else is going to call them out on the "Names may be subjected to change" footer at 0:32? 

I mean, I guess the meaning isn't too far off, but, c'mon.  The idiom is "subject to change." 

• Like 1

So nobody else is going to call them out on the "Names may be subjected to change" footer at 0:32? 

I mean, I guess the meaning isn't too far off, but, c'mon.  The idiom is "subject to change." 

Because it's expected? They already changed them once, so.....

Remember Eder being called Edair during the beta? Well, I don't 'remember' as I wasn't there, but others have said that.

I guess that was enough to convince me to pitch in for the miniatures. *sigh*

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Remember Eder being called Edair during the beta? Well, I don't 'remember' as I wasn't there, but others have said that.

Read the second line of my post.

Read the second line of my post.

Oh.

Maybe they were poking fun at themselves? They seem to do that on occasion. *shrug*

^Yeah, the animancy process required to change someone's name means that they will be subjected to all manner of horrible experimentation ;)

Cool update :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Still hope they change “Fessina” to something that doesn’t have a meaning in Italian...

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anybody know if it's still possible to upgrade to a tier that has the space pig plush? I don't see it in any of the rewards lists on the backer portal. I didn't have the money when the original campaign was running, but I do now, and it's really adorable ...

I hope they make the more serious version of the Ydwin portrait also available in a more usable form than a photo taken of off a monitor. I liked it better. Also thank you very much of making Fessina a wizard. My dwarf barbarian character left that scrawny elf they call Aloth standing in front of the Black Hound.

Still hope they change “Fessina” to something that doesn’t have a meaning in Italian...

Ok, I'll bite: what does "fessina" mean? Because dict.cc, leo.org and all the others have no clue... ;)
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, I'll bite: what does "fessina" mean? Because dict.cc, leo.org and all the others have no clue... ;)

Found only meaning for "fassina" - something like distillery, but I guess it's just a name, nothing more to that.

On the other hand, from Latin, "fessa" means fatigue - that explains her tired look at first portrait :)

Edited by Nail

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Fessa is a dialectal word for “p*ssy”, still in use as an insult. Fessina is its diminutive, and it means “little p*ssy.” Can’t take a character seriously with that name.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anybody know if it's still possible to upgrade to a tier that has the space pig plush? I don't see it in any of the rewards lists on the backer portal. I didn't have the money when the original campaign was running, but I do now, and it's really adorable ...

It's in the 500$ dollar tier. The devs said at one point, that they will look into the possibility for an addon with just the plushie. I don't know if they're gonna make it reality thou. Maybe a nice dev could help with the answer here? :)

First.

"Sometimes Tekehu needs a good old pommel to the face" <3

That was my favourite bit for two reasons: pommel strikes, because that is awesome, and that they were being used on Tekeha, that non-dwarf companion...

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Fessa is a dialectal word for “p*ssy”, still in use as an insult. Fessina is its diminutive, and it means “little p*ssy.” Can’t take a character seriously with that name.

Maybe that's what they meant by subjected/subject to change because they found out what it means in Italian?