Monster "travels" with Amiri in Medusa Mask.

Bullwinkle

Question

4-2 Legendary, Distractions + Retaliation. Amiri finds Ambush in Guard Tower, fails the check. Ambush draws Galenmir to the fight. Amiri evades Galenmir by using Medusa Mask. At the end of turn, she moves to the Giant Lair. But Galenmir moves with her: he ends up placed on top of the Giant Lair deck, not the Guard Tower.

1.2.8.1, iPad Air 2, iOS 10.3.3.

3 answers to this question

I don't have the game with me, but what is the wording on the Mask... does it say to put the card back on "top of the location deck" or on "top of the original location deck"?

In the tabletop version, there is the "original location deck" clause. The card was also apparently errata-ed (based on pdf with erratas), with the new power "When you encounter a monster from a location deck, you may display this card next to that deck; put the monster on top of this card. The monster is neither defeated nor undefeated; it still counts as part of the location deck except for the purpose of exploring. At the end of your turn, return the monster to the top of its location deck and bury this card."

I really don't know the wording in the application (and due to Google Play-bug, I haven't run the app for some time)...

I really don't know the wording in the application (and due to Google Play-bug, I haven't run the app for some time)...

The app has a Medusa's Mask consistent with the errata text.  Even in the original text, monsters were always returned to their discovered location.

What the card errata should have cleared up was:

When you encounter a monster from a location deck (does not apply to summoned monsters, just those in location decks)

and

you may display this card next to that deck (help remind the player where the monster came from)

and

it still counts as part of the location deck except for the purpose of exploring (you can't close an "empty" location by using the Mask to hold a card to the side)