How is fatigue determined post 3.0?

I could not find any info on this on reddit or by google search. The wiki at gamepedia has an old reference that still claims Athletics affect your fatigue level but Josh Sawyer was saying in a patch 3.0 -preview that Athletics would no longer affect fatigue after the overhaul from what I could find.

Is fatigue now the same for every individual at all times (I haven't played much with the latest game version)? Does it in fact still scale with Athletics? Is there something else that determines it?

It's simply an affliction that can happen after some scripted interactions (doing something exhausting). It can also be applied by a unique hatchet on hit.

Travelling no longer causes fatigue.

Athletics has nothing to do with fatigue any more. It simply gives you a "Second Whind" healing ability.

So all in all you will not see that affliction a lot in the game.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's simply an affliction that can happen after some scripted interactions (doing something exhausting). It can also be applied by a unique hatchet on hit.

Travelling no longer causes fatigue.

Athletics has nothing to do with fatigue any more. It simply gives you a "Second Whind" healing ability.

So all in all you will not see that affliction a lot in the game.

Not so sure about that. I've gotten fatigue on party members who didn't get knocked out. They would be fine, and then after an area transition would suddenly have the debuff.

• 3 months later...