The Metal Thread

Katphood

On 4/15/2021 at 4:56 PM, Malcador said:

As soon as I see that Nuclear Blast logo, I know I'm in for some cheese.  That song is like Hatebreed but for neckbeards 😛

You want some cheese good sir?

😄

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Not bad, other than the vocals, really. The intro made me think of something out of the C&C soundtrack  😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Not bad, other than the vocals, really. The intro made me think of something out of the C&C soundtrack  😛

They're starting to grow on me, and the band really doesn't even shy away from making sappy romance songs. It's hilarious and fun.

BABY BABY TELL ME MORE OF YOUR LIES. SAY YOU WANT ME FOR A LIFETIME! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I love this band's look:

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

YT suggesting me stuff like

Pretty lady at least

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Gothic emo lyrics and glam rockish sound. Consider me sold. :p

It's glorious! 🤘

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My YouTube recommendations are (until I close the Private window) just cheesy music videos for metal.  At least have something to bombard the snobby metalheads in my company with 😄  But think I'll listen to this band today

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

My YouTube recommendations are (until I close the Private window) just cheesy music videos for metal.  At least have something to bombard the snobby metalheads in my company with 😄  But think I'll listen to this band today  

Battlebeast are great you should try out their song "Ninja". 👌

• Like 1

As I fire up Winamp and it selects my Judas Priest songs....I've been unfair calling Beast in Black and others cheesy.  Good Lord, I should delete these.

• Gasp! 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sabaton bringing the cheese again

• Like 1

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

• 2 weeks later...

😁

Edited by Azdeus

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

New Immolation joint in February.

With this, Total War: Warhammer III, and Elden Ring that month is going to be pretty exciting.

-Rod Serling

• 2 weeks later...

Dangerously high levels of confidence...or low levels of shame, depending on your point of view.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Dangerously high levels of confidence...or low levels of shame, depending on your point of view.

More like dangerously awesome 😄

From Gorth's young years... she was hot and she had *that* voice 🥰

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 1

-Rod Serling

• 2 weeks later...

Sword is still the best Canadian metal band, but these are not bad