The Metal Thread

Katphood

Sailor Jupiter was the best one, so obviously that's why they used the hair.

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

On 10/12/2020 at 2:06 AM, Malcador said:

Sailor Jupiter was the best one, so obviously that's why they used the hair.

Wait, what? No way, I had a very manly crush on Sailor Mercury so obviously everyone should be dressed like Ami. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

4 hours ago, majestic said:

Wait, what? No way, I had a very manly crush on Sailor Mercury so obviously everyone should be dressed like Ami. :p

Q14. You absolutely will not:

1. Sit in an airplane circling in a holding pattern for two hours
2. Admit that you were ever turned on by a comic book character ✔
3. Walk through the desert for a week
4. Do software development

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 1 month later...

That bass sound! 👌

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

They're damn good live aswell!

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't as funny in a laugh out loud way as Valhalleluja or And Then I Noticed That She Was A Gargoyle but it's the most spot on (power/true) metal parody of them so far. :p

Fire in the sky! ;)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 3

Parody metal is better than metal these days

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 weeks later...

As Ricky Ramirez is all the rage now:

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/iced-earth-guitarist-jon-schaffer-225701958.html

Shame he didn't recite Pickett's words in High Water Mark. :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's a lot less embarrassing than the only metal I like, which is just...silly, fluffy video game/television stuff from a girl who's not even a metal artist and who doesn't even remotely try to sing like she's doing metal (...which is I guess why I like it, since I can't ever stand metal-ized vocals - I'll take sickly sweet and soft metal, thank you very much). At least those girls are sort of acting like they're doing metal.

That and Radio Disney, of course, :p:

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's been too long since I've posted some Moonspell:

I probably linked that song three times already, and got no reactions. Guess this one won't be any different. 😃

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, majestic said:

That sounds like Dragonforce, just with more girls.

Which means I approve.

Wait, Dragonforce aren't all girls ?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

6 hours ago, majestic said:

It's been too long since I've posted some Moonspell:

I probably linked that song three times already, and got no reactions. Guess this one won't be any different. 😃

Reminds me alot of His Infernal Majesty