The Metal Thread

Katphood

lml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's been to long since I posted any Nightwish here. :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Not metal per se, but... it's Rammstein!

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Released in 2014, which is a surprise.

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Rammstein... what's not to love???

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is there such a thing as too much Rammstein?

(that was a trick question)

• Like 1

*sigh*.... feels like ages since I posted any Rammstein in this thread 😳

Edit: They got fed up by a lot of media calling them alt-right and neo-nazis. Tired of the crap, this was their way of setting the record straight, their hearts are on their left side (metaphorically and literally), supporting the left wing spectrum of politics

• Like 1

A man of taste!

And Rammstein said: Let there be fire. And there was fire. Lots of fire.

• Like 1

Swedish band, there's a line in the song that is in Swedish, just warning you so you don't think that you're hearing satan speaking. ;)

And something German to keep Gorth a bit calm;

Edited by Azdeus
  • Thanks 1

Not all that bad.

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The real thing....

• Thanks 1

...and because I skipped a day somewhere... 😳

• Like 2

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Some really good stuff on their Human Nature album, I really love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0bG2ce5blo

Edited by Azdeus

Hmmm

Testing. Looks like embedding videos is no longer allowed. So, here is another Rammstein without preview picture. Rather aptly named 'Zeig Dich' (show yourself)

A song about the depravities and sexual abuse done by the church and the great lengths it goes to, to cover it up.

Now it works for me too. Seems like the powers that be likes Rammstein too 😇

• Like 1

Back to your regular Rammstein... 😁

A song with lyrics that are mostly old song titles stitched together to form a song