Hello ! I'd like to play a rogue with 2 weapons, 2 daggers ... I can not find any recent build, tips... I tested the Cypher, nice to play, but I'de prefer to play the style of the rogue, with stealth and mechanism for traps and doors ... and especially speed and DPS :)

Thank you for your ideas!

ps. I have both extentions The White March 1 and 2.

Edited by LitleBold

The key to playing rogue is to apply afflictions to your enemies that allow sneak attack and deathblows. Deathblows is available at level 11 and is the main draw of the class. It allows for higher damage multipliers than any other class allowing for a very high DPS in the late game.

Stealth is not specific to rogues; any class can stealth equally well and it is mainly for stealing and avoiding enemies. Same with mechanics; rogues are no better than anyone else at finding secrets, disabling traps, or opening doors. The one unique thing rogues can do with stealth is back stab. However, you don’t actually need high stealth for this as you just need to queue up the attack before enemies see you, actually performing it from stealth is not required. One problem with backstab is that many key fights start with a scripted conversation bubble that prevents back stab from working. It is also only one attack generally per encounter (though there are some ways to increase this) and requires a talent.

The main problem with rogues is staying alive. The health and endurance pools for rogues are small and they have bad starting deflection. You will die a lot if you don’t do anything to compensate. Here are some ways, but they will all lower your DPS.

1) Wear plate armor. Not very rogue like thematically but it helps to stay alive.

2) Max out CON stat.

3). Use endurance draining weapons. Of all classes rogues are best with these type of weapons. Note: this won’t help if you are disabled (prone, stunned, etc) and burst damage can still take you out.

4) Take abilities like escape to get away if you start getting targetted.

5) get passive healing like Veterans recovery talent along with healing multipliers, like the survival skill and some equipment provides.  This is only useful with good might and int stats, though.

6). Use a shield (though it sounds like you want dagger like weapons). Bashing shields are quite good with rogues, though.

For weapons (sticking with dagger theme):

There is a stilleto you can get pretty early with the draining enchantment. It is basically like a dagger. This is good paired with the march steel dagger, also available pretty early. Put the dagger in your primary hand and all of your full attacks will get extra speed.

Even earlier there is a nice stilleto with a on-crit effect available in the first town smithy.

Edited by Braven

Moon god-like can make the early game a lot easier since it gives you a great self-heal.  This is probably the best overall since the early game is the hardest part of the game.  God-likes can't wear hats which is a bummer in the late game when you find some good ones and the racial healing becomes less important.  With a full party, this is not a big deal since you can just give those hats/helmets to a different party member.

Coastal Aumaua is good for the stun/prone protection.  Getting knocked prone or stunned is really bad if you are relying on endurance-draining weapons as your primary healing source.  Even if it isn't your primary source of healing, if you are on the ground prone, you are not dealing damage which is your job.

Fire god-like has battle-forged that I believe can trigger sneak attack and deathblows when you get hit, but that won't shine until near the end of the game and you need maxed out CON to make it work well.  Also, I am not sure it would really work well with rogue just because their endurance pool is so small.

Hearth Orlan is good if you plan to use "on-crit" weapons (and are not soloing)

Really, it doesn't matter than much which race you pick.  Probably best to go with which one you like the look of best.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 1

Moon god-like can make the early game a lot easier since it gives you a great self-heal.  This is probably the best overall since the early game is the hardest part of the game.  God-likes can't wear hats which is a bummer in the late game when you find some good ones and the racial healing becomes less important.  With a full party, this is not a big deal since you can just give those hats/helmets to a different party member.

Coastal Aumaua is good for the stun/prone protection.  Getting knocked prone or stunned is really bad if you are relying on endurance-draining weapons as your primary healing source.  Even if it isn't your primary source of healing, if you are on the ground prone, you are not dealing damage which is your job.

Fire god-like has battle-forged that I believe can trigger sneak attack and deathblows when you get hit, but that won't shine until near the end of the game and you need maxed out CON to make it work well.  Also, I am not sure it would really work well with rogue just because their endurance pool is so small.

Hearth Orlan is good if you plan to use "on-crit" weapons (and are not soloing)

Really, it doesn't matter than much which race you pick.  Probably best to go with which one you like the look of best.

Yes, Moon Godlike is fantastic in early levels - especially with a class that is by nature rather fragile. This is why I tend to pick Moon Godlike on my Wizards - as they are typically the only really fragile guys in my party.