And yes it is sarcasm, don’t loose all the faith in the humanity in spite of Blade Runner 2049 poor box office performance.

Really? Weird. I've seen it with a friend. The cinema was almost full of people (seems to do well in France at least). Probably the only AAA US film i've seen in years that is actually worth it. Better than the original in some ways. While Hollywod only sell crap usually. Good surprise.

My screening wasn’t too bad either. However, it’s been 2 weeks since release and according to Box Office Mojo the movie just broke even combining estimated domestic and international gross and I am pretty that doesn’t include cost of promotion.

On one hand I don’t want it to turn into smash hit as doing a sequel was a risky endeavour already and I don’t need Blade Runner cinematic universe. But I would like to see more high budget SF like that. Villeneuve mentioned he would like to tackle Dune at some point. If BR proves those kind of films don’t make enough money to justify investment it probably will never happen. Still BR seems to be steadily earning money so we will see where it will end up in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting read.

Most of it was obvious. I thought there would be a higher turn out from UK/Europeans, maybe we didn't get the memo.

Yeah I was surprised at the low turnout especially for the UK (since we share English as our primary language).  I'm wondering if information about this kind of thing going on is not passed on as well here or if Europeans are less likely to bother with surveys?  I know quite a few people who have played Obsidian games, not one of them seemed to be aware of the survey and didn't mention it if they did know about it.  Might bring it up sometime with them to see, or maybe I might just not bother. ;)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Interesting read.

Most of it was obvious. I thought there would be a higher turn out from UK/Europeans, maybe we didn't get the memo.

Yeah I was surprised at the low turnout especially for the UK (since we share English as our primary language).  I'm wondering if information about this kind of thing going on is not passed on as well here or if Europeans are less likely to bother with surveys?  I know quite a few people who have played Obsidian games, not one of them seemed to be aware of the survey and didn't mention it if they did know about it.  Might bring it up sometime with them to see, or maybe I might just not bother. ;)

I think we are just too apathetic.

nowt

I'm wondering if information about this kind of thing going on is not passed on as well here or if Europeans are less likely to bother with surveys?

Or are less likely to check reddit...

Am from EU, and it's the Pillar's subreddit were I have found about survey.

P.S. If I would be only checking this forum, I would probably miss it.

Interesting read.

Well, if...

Oh, I can't be bothered.

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Interesting read.

Brexit strikes again!

• Like 1

@ Sedrefilos: Does your signature say: "Devil! Ghetto Tomahawk!"? Because that's what google says it means.

It says "Devil! Getta tomahawk!"

It's from a very old anime (1974), named Getter Robo (Getter = Getta in Japanese and that was it's Greek translation; it's gibberish, doesn't mean enything - it's a name the creators came up with). It's what the pilot sshouts at the moment this screenshot is taken (Getter tomahawk it's obviously the weapon he's drawn to hack down some giant dinosaur).

The greek word for ghetto is γκέτο :)

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think it would be quite the slap in the face if, after getting rid of the DLC-manic Paradox, Obsidian will now start to release DLCs by the bucketloads.

They did really well with POE1. Don't change a winning formula. Quality ahead of quantity. Please.

Think it would be quite the slap in the face if, after getting rid of the DLC-manic Paradox, Obsidian will now start to release DLCs by the bucketloads.

They did really well with POE1. Don't change a winning formula. Quality ahead of quantity. Please.

They could always release bigger DLCs similar to White March.