IMO it's better to use Gauntlets of Accuracy on a chanter. With higher accuracy you'll be doing a bit more damage on average.

My Chanter is always on Mechanics duty, so he gets Gloves of Manipulation without fail. But good to know if I ever play 2 Chanters again!

IMO it's better to use Gauntlets of Accuracy on a chanter. With higher accuracy you'll be doing a bit more damage on average.

My Chanter is always on Mechanics duty, so he gets Gloves of Manipulation without fail. But good to know if I ever play 2 Chanters again!

Yes, my chanter is a utility character too. But nothing stops you from holding Gloves of Manipulation in your inventory and putting them on when it's nescessary to pick a lock or disarm a trap, while using in battle another piece of equipment, which would benefit you more.

Moreover, my chanter is actually always "she", 'cause I love that tender "Female - Mystic" voice, it's very pleasant to hear it througout the gameplay each time a trap is spotted or a lock is picked.

Edited by Moneo
  • Like 1

Yes, my chanter is a utility character too. But nothing stops you from holding Gloves of Manipulation in your inventory and putting them on when it's nescessary to pick a lock or disarm a trap, while using in battle another piece of equipment, which would benefit you more.

Moreover, my chanter is actually always "she", 'cause I love that tender "Female - Mystic" voice, it's very pleasant to hear it througout the gameplay each time a trap is spotted or a lock is picked.

I am anti-micro! ;) Also, the most dangerous trap disarm scenarios are when enemies are on top of it, so you have to disarm them mid-fight. So I don't have the luxury of taking my "fighting" gauntlets off in such cases.

@ Lampros

Yeah, I know your antipathy to micromanaging. But look at this from a practical point of view. You can deal with most of the locks and traps without the Gloves. You need them only for several times in several places. Switching from one type of equipment to another rather seldomly is not a "micro" for my taste. And wearing the best available equipment in the battle is actually a part of "powergaming".

Micromanagement IMO is such an approach which is requiered to certain builds. For example, switching between four arquebuses with an Island Aumaua in every battle is micromanagement. Running a spiritshifting druid is quite a "micro". Precise positioning of a squishy rogue in battle is micro - whereas with a monk, e.g., you can just unleash him out into the mess and don't be afraid if he would be hit, he'll become even stronger.

• Like 1

@ Lampros

Yeah, I know your antipathy to micromanaging. But look at this from a practical point of view. You can deal with most of the locks and traps without the Gloves. You need them only for several times in several places. Switching from one type of equipment to another rather seldomly is not a "micro" for my taste. And wearing the best available equipment in the battle is actually a part of "powergaming".

Micromanagement IMO is such an approach which is requiered to certain builds. For example, switching between four arquebuses with an Island Aumaua in every battle is micromanagement. Running a spiritshifting druid is quite a "micro". Precise positioning of a squishy rogue in battle is micro - whereas with a monk, e.g., you can just unleash him out into the mess and don't be afraid if he would be hit, he'll become even stronger.

Yes, I see your point, but lexicons and definitions do vary according to the person - at least sometimes! ;)

By the way, if you don't have any spare Gauntlets of Accuracy, what would you give to the Chanter?

Yes, I see your point, but lexicons and definitions do vary according to the person - at least sometimes! ;)

By the way, if you don't have any spare Gauntlets of Accuracy, what would you give to the Chanter?

Boeroer has already answered to this question. I suppose, Celebrant's Gloves are the second best option for a chanter, 'cause they have an Overseeing enchant, which can spare you a ring slot. But there are some other good things, depending on your build, Bracers of all-consuming Rage, Bracers of Enduring (+stats is always good), Bracers of Deflection for some defense...

BTW, I always have a pair of Gloves of Accuracy for my chanter. I usually loot 3 pairs of these gloves in Raedric's Hold (also, a pair of Gloves of Manipulation and Fenwalkers).

• Like 1

Boeroer has already answered to this question. I suppose, Celebrant's Gloves are the second best option for a chanter, 'cause they have an Overseeing enchant, which can spare you a ring slot. But there are some other good things, depending on your build, Bracers of all-consuming Rage, Bracers of Enduring (+stats is always good), Bracers of Deflection for some defense...

BTW, I always have a pair of Gloves of Accuracy for my chanter. I usually loot 3 pairs of these gloves in Raedric's Hold (also, a pair of Gloves of Manipulation and Fenwalkers).

I did not know the Celebrant's Gloves have an Overseeing enchant. I think I looked at the other enchant and got "disenchanted"! ;) And yes, I was considering Bracers of Deflection, too.

I usually farm Gloves of Accuracy, too, but I sell them once I farm their Swift Action replacements. Unfortunately, I must've sold them to one of the merchants I killed, because I cannot find them with any "live" vendors. (I kill the Doemenels, the Dozen, the dude who wants me to into the Sporeling cave early [he lied to me!], the Dyrford vendor on the ruins entrance, and a few more that I can't remember).