Programming bugs

retupmoc258

Question

I have no idea where I can report bugs I've been encountering, so I'm posting here. Hopefully this will get where it needs to go.

First bug: every time I start the app (with WiFi enabled), I am greeted with the familiar: "network connection restored. Purchases, gold, etc., Have been enabled" or however it goes. However, I have no gold when I go to look. The store icon/button is not visible, and if I continue playing, none of those things come up., I don't earn gold, and the icon in the corner says I can link my social network. The only remedy I have found is to log in to my Asmodee.net login and that enables everything.

Second Bug: Also related with this, the game wouldn't let me (or make me) banish cards in my stash over the 10 limit. I don't know if that's an intentional feature when the game is not connected, but that seems weird. For whatever reason, I had a few days where I would try to fix my decks after a scenario and nothing would be saved and I wasn't asked to banish cards. The end result was that I got about 3 copies of each card in my stash and finally today was able to banish them. This probably had some connection to the previous problem.

Third Bug: I lost some of my campaign information with one of the recent updates. This was really weird for a while. It said I had completed some scenarios on normal and Legendary, but not heroic. I haven't looked through to see what the end result was now that things seemed to stabilize, but that was annoying.

Fourth bug: On a similar note, one of my characters reported having never completed one scenario, even though they didn't die. I know she completed it because she is one of the two I have always had in my team. I've since played that again and gotten the scenario reward again (but not the adventure reward again), which was a random card.

9 answers to this question

Hello, I have the same issue with logging-on using Google play (Android). The game says I am connected, logged in, but store, challenges and collection all behave like I am not logged in. I.e. store and challenges window are inaccessible, collection shows only the non-treasure cards.

However, when I force the application closed and run it again, it connects with no problems and everything works fine.

Other issues you reported are connected to this - you may not banish cardss from Stash for gold unless you are online (a very bad thing for gameplay rules-wise, but ir should no longer cause your machine to run out of memory, I hope).

Regarding the completion issues, send your PFID to the developers on this forum or through support and they will be able to fix this. But you have to be successfully connected before to synchronize everything, just to be sure. And note that by connecting through different account, your PFID may in rare cases change and you can have 'two accounts' with different IDs.

• Like 1

Second Bug: Also related with this, the game wouldn't let me (or make me) banish cards in my stash over the 10 limit. 

Not entirely a bug.  More of a minor exploit regarding online/offline connectivity.  During a reddit AMA (or a twitch stream), the devs talked about potentially selling additional slots to increase stash sizes, and the app seems ready to support that plan whether or not it ever happens.

It's only after you login that the server seems to inform the game: "you are authorized 10 stash slots, and these are the contents you should probably have."  They certainly could hard-code a limit of 10 for the time being, but who knows if that will conflict with an eventual plan for stash upgrade licenses.

Regarding your first issue, what platform are you playing on?  Every device seems to have a different set of troubleshooting tips to help solve connectivity issues.

I run a Google Nexus 7. The Android operating system never got past 6.0.1 before they stopped supporting updates.

The odd thing about the missing completion things is that the missing Heroic completions fixed themselves later. I don't have the issue now. As for the characters, I think they might have not had issues, I'm not sure. I might have gotten some info mixed up between two characters.

First bug: every time I start the app (with WiFi enabled), I am greeted with the familiar: "network connection restored. Purchases, gold, etc., Have been enabled" or however it goes. However, I have no gold when I go to look. The store icon/button is not visible, and if I continue playing, none of those things come up., I don't earn gold, and the icon in the corner says I can link my social network. The only remedy I have found is to log in to my Asmodee.net login and that enables everything.

I have the same problem. A work around I have is, once you have entered Pathfinder, to tap on the right most Android button (the square in the image below). It will display all the active App. Sleect Pathfinder to return to it, and you will miraculously have the chest and challenge appears and see your gold. At least, it work for me.

YKCPp.png

• Like 1

Second Bug: Also related with this, the game wouldn't let me (or make me) banish cards in my stash over the 10 limit. I don't know if that's an intentional feature when the game is not connected, but that seems weird. For whatever reason, I had a few days where I would try to fix my decks after a scenario and nothing would be saved and I wasn't asked to banish cards. The end result was that I got about 3 copies of each card in my stash and finally today was able to banish them. This probably had some connection to the previous problem.

Not being able to banish card while offline is a feature I think to prevent you to banish a card and not getting your gold.

Duplicating item in the stash, I think it is a known bug, but I am not sure.

Edited by Velmont

I'll have to try that and see if it works. I did something like that in trying to post this with accurate information and I found it fixed itself. So I'll try that. But in honesty, this bug has been enough to stop me from playing the app for the last two weeks. And I was thinking of buying the steam app so I would have everything... And this definitely stopped me. It's been two weeks and they haven't fixed whatever they broke with the last update? Especially this where it is something they could probably fix by just reverting to previous code that worked perfectly well?

Apparently they HAVE fixed this bug, at least that's what they say. My device wasn't auto downloading the update. And it works! I still think the choice to not require banishing doesn't make sense. People could manipulate that to their advantage. I don't know anyone who would care about losing 10-20 gold anyway (unless things get much more valuable later).

I spoke too soon. The first time I loaded the app, it worked fine. Now, same problem as before.

Also, I just ran into a new set of bugs. I'm playing the Approach to Thistletop scenario. I've noticed two things already: First, the bandits I have been fighting have text that says their difficulty to defeat is increased by the level of the current adventure deck, which is one. However, the card shows they need a combat check of 9 to defeat and that's what the game says I need to defeat him, too. I've had this issue with other monsters, too, I just run into a lot of bandits because of the Guard Tower.

Bug two: Marasiel encountered Tangletooth at the Guard Tower, twice now. I've defeated him both times, but it counts him as undefeated both times. The text on the card says that all other players at the location encounter him first and if someone doesn't succeed, then Tangletooth is undefeated. Marasiel is there alone, both times. I don't know what's going on. I do know of one other thing I have been doing, though. At the beginning of my turn, I have been summoning Bandits there because of the Guard Tower effect. But I've just been having Marasiel evade them. Maybe it's related?

Thanks for your work on fixing these bugs.

Also, I just ran into a new set of bugs. I'm playing the Approach to Thistletop scenario. I've noticed two things already: First, the bandits I have been fighting have text that says their difficulty to defeat is increased by the level of the current adventure deck, which is one. However, the card shows they need a combat check of 9 to defeat and that's what the game says I need to defeat him, too. I've had this issue with other monsters, too, I just run into a lot of bandits because of the Guard Tower.

This is not a bug, but visual reminder and manipulation of the card. Bandits have normal difficulty of 8. Look at the Collection. But when you encounter him in a scenario, its difficulty will be increased correctly, but also shown on the card instead of the 8. In later adventures, it is not uncommon to encounter Bandits with Combat 13 to defeat. For a long time I thought it is a bug, but I was wrong.