Help! Need videogame recommendations...

algroth

I could maybe see that working...but I could also see it being utterly dreadful for someone in their 80s - and most people in general, actually. You play as a modern teenager...and the character dialogue and problems very much reflect that. Not only that, but the setting is unusually hipster-ish/preppy...definitely a game you have to go into with a specific mindset to enjoy, otherwise you'll probably end up hating it. The game draws ire in much the same way Undertale did, I think. I went into it thinking I was gonna play as a teenage girl, and that's exactly what I got.

For what it's worth, I've seen Her with her and she enjoyed the film more than I did. I found the indie melancholy a little too on the nose, which is certainly true of my experience with Life Is Strange too. Also suggests that she'll probably enjoy a soft sci-fi setting well enough as well.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 3 weeks later...

I would say Lego games, Sonic games, Spark The Electric Jester, Rayman... you know... games that kids play that don't have adult themes they can't understand XD

LoL doesn't have such themes and complex nature so... it's understandable that he could play and understand it.

For the 88yo madame, I'd recommend 88 Heroes... lol Just joking of course, I'd actually go with something very interesting enough to hold her attention but simple enough for her to not make much effort. Walking simulators like Myst come to mind.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...