A rundown of the companions and sidekicks available

While we are on the topic of Awakening and madness is there an error in Maerwald's madness?

Maerwald awakens to memories of two previous reincarnations: a Glanfathan marauder who rapes an Aedyr woman and a child conceived as a result of this even, who is raised in belief that his father was killed by Glanfathans and exacts "revenge" on his real father's tribe. That means two people existing at the same time had Maerwald's soul. Did marauder die before child was born? Do children get soul upon birth (seem unlikely)? Did I miss something or did writers made a mistake?

Edited by Wormerine

While we are on the topic of Awakening and madness is there an error in Maerwald's madness?

Maerwald awakens to memories of two previous reincarnations: a Glanfathan marauder who rapes an Aedyr woman and a child conceived as a result of this even, who is raised in belief that his father was killed by Glanfathans and exacts "revenge" on his real father's tribe. That means two people existing at the same time had Maerwald's soul. Did marauder die before child was born? Do children get soul upon birth (seem unlikely)? Did I miss something or did writers made a mistake?

Maurader probably died afterwards.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79723-just-had-a-question-about-the-logic-behind-the-spirits-in-maerwalds-hold/?p=1694790

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Yep, take note that it wasn't actually the raider incarnation that rapes the mother of his next incarnation themself, as the raider incarnation is female.  She orders one of her men to do it before being killed that same night and reincarnating into the unborn child. 

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Yep, take note that it wasn't actually the raider incarnation that rapes the mother of his next incarnation themself, as the raider incarnation is female.  She orders one of her men to do it before being killed that same night and reincarnating into the unborn child. 

I didn't realize that specific part of it, and talk about karma...

• Like 1

I didn't realize that specific part of it, and talk about karma...

Yep, except that it all seems to be random luck as it seems to indicate that without the gods' involvement reincarnation is random.  Its the line "Hedhwr, give this bitch a heir worthy of Glanfath" that nailed it for me, and really makes it dark when you think about it.

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Which god is that though, Hedhwr? Not Berath as he/she is known by a different name, possibly Magran. I could see Magran asking Berath (since the wheel if reincarnation is Beraths thing) to punish that raider. But then again, the gods had made an agreement of not interfering directly in the mortal realm (which is why they asked the Watcher to do things on their behalf), at least until Eothas broke that.

Which god is that though, Hedhwr? Not Berath as he/she is known by a different name, possibly Magran. I could see Magran asking Berath (since the wheel if reincarnation is Beraths thing) to punish that raider. But then again, the gods had made an agreement of not interfering directly in the mortal realm (which is why they asked the Watcher to do things on their behalf), at least until Eothas broke that.

If I located to quote properly Hedhwr was a name of raider who was ordered to rape the woman.