Unable to start game while online

seamus

Question

The game won't start for me while I am online.

If I turn off my wireless it works fine.

The issue is that it tries to connect to Google play games, I get a dialogue asking me to select my account, I do that, but it then goes back to the 'connecting to Google play games' screen and repeats.

It works fine when I am offline, and other games that use Google play games work fine.

It was working correctly yesterday, and I have not changed anything on this since then.

I have opened the Google play games app to make sure I am signed into that.

I am using an android tablet.

Let me know if there's any other information you need, or if you have any ideas of anything I can try my end.

The Login Dialog appears 3 times but it still doesn't log in. Also linking to playfab via Asmodee.net fails.

The Login Screen shows up again after setting the App to the background and switching back.

Disabling Autobackup (as recommended in another thread) didn't solve the issue but now my savegame is gone as well.

At least the game still knows that I bought the Runelords package ;)

Edit: Just made a video of the behaviour. Please tell me who to send the link to it to.

Edited by Mrsummer360
  • Like 1

The Login Dialog appears 3 times but it still doesn't log in. Also linking to playfab via Asmodee.net fails.

The Login Screen shows up again after setting the App to the background and switching back.

Disabling Autobackup (as recommended in another thread) didn't solve the issue but now my savegame is gone as well.

At least the game still knows that I bought the Runelords package ;)

Edit: Just made a video of the behaviour. Please tell me who to send the link to it to.

I second this observation. After deinstalling the game, clearing Google Play Store Cache (no huge allocated memory, so no stored "previous downloads") and restarting the tablet (which usually results in a loss of Pathfinder Adventures application, located on "SD card"), I tried to download and install it again. The 3-times repeated failed login to Google Play Games is still present - I cannot login and connect to the server.

An added "benefit": the game no longer recognizes that I have unlocked adventures 1-6 and such (no stored data on tablet) using gold, so I can play tutorial (wheeee) and then have access to the 3 B-deck scenarios only (wheeeee ×2). Joking aside, the bug is still there. Other application can connect to G. P. Games without problems.

• Like 1

Same same. I have the latest update, but game often starts logged out. The only button that will let me log in is the Asmodee account. When I do that, GP games logs in automatically, and everything comes back, including achievements, store.

After logging in to Asmodee from within the application the top left icon is turned to green, but the displayed text is still "Link Social Gaming Network". I suppose it should've been replaced with an account name or whatever? If I click on it a second time I need to provide again my Asmodee credentials, so something's still wrong. And no, the Connect to Google Play issue is still there.

I've just installed the update. After 2 or 3 attemps to connect to the Play Store, it stop. I have the green light on the top left of the welcome screen telling I am connected, but no chest or chalkenge show up. I have no gold either. Small improvment but still not there for me.

I have a Galaxy Neo 5S, Android 7.0, Version 1105-20171013 and PFID does not show, I have only "PFID-"

Same problem here.

Huawei GR5 2017

Android 7.0

Version 1105-20171013

Any progress? Would it be possible to get the gold we missed when the problem is fixed?

I second this. I unfortunately purchased a Daily Gold pack in the store a few days before Obsidian rolled out their "update", so I'm missing out on a lot of gold that I've haven't even been able to claim.    

Any progress? Would it be possible to get the gold we missed when the problem is fixed?

I second this. I unfortunately purchased a Daily Gold pack in the store a few days before Obsidian rolled out their "update", so I'm missing out on a lot of gold that I've haven't even been able to claim.

In these cases contact support@obsidian.net with you pdif and purhace information. They Are wery busy but normally respond these in few weeks.

Hi everyone, we just released a patch for android which should finally resolve these google authentication issues. It took way longer than expected, so if you had daily gold during that time please contact support@obsidian.net and we'll make sure you get your gold compensated. 

• Like 1

I'm so sad, I lost access to the game even if I bought the Rise of the runelord expansion. In fact, the problem started the day I bought it. I had more than 750 cards in bank (that I could not sell so it made the game laggy at the end of every chapter), completed the 3 first stories with nearly every character and now I lost everything!

Hi everyone, we just released a patch for android which should finally resolve these google authentication issues. It took way longer than expected, so if you had daily gold during that time please contact support@obsidian.net and we'll make sure you get your gold compensated.

Work for me. I lost a few adventure progress, but strangely, my stash wasn't lost.

I was also able to login today (Huzzah!), without losing any progress - I think :). My first party is Legendary up to 6, second party was not checked (but is there), some other characters were present. However, I was playing offline (from the beginning and only the B deck with Kyra&Merisiel due to total reinstall) and the two characters I was playing offline remained in the reconnected game as Kyra 1, Merisiel 1. The "Stash" collected in the offline play disappeared (good riddance, deck B cards) and was replaced by the pre-bug Stash (10× adventure B to ~4 cards). That was completely fine.

Edited by Jenceslav