Defenses & Accuracy in POE 2

One of the things that bothered me in the first game was that apart from acc and deflection all other defences were not influenced by class (a rogue had the same reflex as a priest and a barbarian the same fort as a wizard).

I can understand that this was made for balancing reasons but to me seemed at least strange.

So now that we have multiclassing in the table and the multi classes will gain the average of the two original classes, does that mean that we have different starting stats and progression for acc and all defences in the single classes?

Or it is mentioned for the initial acc and deflection stats like in POE 1?

Edited by Ancelor

And I'm thankful for that. I hate different starting values for classes when it comes to things like endurance, health and so on. Those should be derived from attributes and that's it. It's ok if they start with certain abilites that emphasize on the class as a profession (like giving Constant Recovery to fighters which makes them a lot more sturdy) but to be stuck with a low endurance wizard (even though he's supposed to look like The Rock on steroid abuse) is bad. I like me a meaty wizard. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Deflection and Accuracy stats may remain for all classes as they are currently at PoE I

I think muticlass will have average from both classes e.g.:

Rogue = Accuracy 30; Deflection 15;

Wizard = Accuracy 20; Deflection 10;

Multiclass Rogue / Wizard = Accuracy (30+20)/2; Deflection (15+10)/2

Interesting how the system will divide odd numbers, mathematics rule 0,5=1 or other rules to make 0,5=0...

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

And I'm thankful for that. I hate different starting values for classes when it comes to things like endurance, health and so on.

From update #40: "A multiclass character also uses the average of their classes' base health and defenses. If one class begins with 48 health and the other begins with 30, the multiclass will start with 39 health.  If one class gains 14 health per level and the other gains 10 per level, the multiclass will gain 12 per level.".

"Health and defenses". Interesting that they didn't mention starting accuracy.

Edited by MaxQuest

Pretty sure Josh confirmed starting Accuracy is going to be the same for all classes.

• Like 7

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Only Accuracy was announced as the same for all in Deadfire. Josh said there was just way too many bonus to accuracy everywhere to compensate for certain class having poor accuracy when they used their class abilities (like spells have bonus accuracy).

Also, the will, reflex, fortitude defenses were based off the character attributes which I personally find better than deciding that Wizard should have a **** fortitude even if they have 20 in Constitution.

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Only Accuracy was announced as the same for all in Deadfire. Josh said there was just way too many bonus to accuracy everywhere to compensate for certain class having poor accuracy when they used their class abilities (like spells have bonus accuracy).

Also, the will, reflex, fortitude defenses were based off the character attributes which I personally find better than deciding that Wizard should have a **** fortitude even if they have 20 in Constitution.

Why there is a cliche that wizards are skinny?

I know for 100% that Elminster is a pro bodybuilder.

But really, if wizards will have low fortitude - that will influence negatively on build diversity.

Most viable build will be "glass cannon".

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Why there is a cliche that wizards are skinny?

I think too many people wanted to be Raistlin when they were young or something. I personally never really understood the "frail wizard" concept anyway.

Muscle Wizard FTW!

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.