Political Ocean's 11

Amentep

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Slow clap for being able to find a decent article on that site. Sadly, it's news that everyone has already accepted in our political propaganda "news". Breithart and Fox thriving and pushing crap and spinning it to fit their perspective, and just like CNN and MSNBC with reporters faking news with the refugees to push their perspective.

The news is such a huge ****ing mess and one thing confuses the hell outta me. No one wants to restrict or force news to get rid of one-sided news and fake news because "first amendment" but have no problem whatsoever restricting it getting rid of our second amendment.

Guns are tools just like media is tools. We restrict and even get rid of guns in alot of aspects of our lives bc of the danger and harm that can come from it, but the news is just as powerful if not much more and can do more harm and danger but no one wants to restrict it at all.

Ce la vi

• Like 1

An amendment to block one sided news is rather ridiculous to think of. And the first is more important than the second, it seems, so people hold that more dearly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know, I'm shocked it came from buzzfeed and assume he'll move on somewhere else because he's too good to work there.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Interesting read. Makes the alt-right look much less unified and homogeneous a movement than it's usually portrayed as, with mostly Breitbart working as the glue that keeps it -somewhat- together and gives it focus.

Not really surprised at Milo outed as a complete diva and 88 edgelord ("kristallnacht" as your password? Really?), but the careful calculations by his handlers that led to him being shot down when going too far for even BB sensibilities are pretty revealing.

Still, the fact that he managed to attract ostensibly reasonable, literate and otherwise well-adjusted people (even though they may later disavow him) who resent the current climate of PC is deeply troubling.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

An amendment to block one sided news is rather ridiculous to think of. And the first is more important than the second, it seems, so people hold that more dearly.

Without the second how long do you expect the first, or fourth, or any of them to last? A generation? Less?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Without the second how long do you expect the first, or fourth, or any of them to last? A generation? Less?

There are a number of countries that have way harsher gun restrictions and still manage to have free speech and all the trappings of a modern democratic society. I support the 2nd Amendment, I think it is an important part of our culture, but I think it is a false sense of security against a real government attack on our freedom. I'd say our best protection against that is the fact that our military is unlikely to cooperate with a fascist regime that targets American civilians.

• Like 2

Well I doubt the second is preventing the loss of any of them, Gadsen flag fantasies aside. Depends on how it is removed, but curtailing speech is a lot worse than doing the same with the kinds of weapons you can own.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There are a number of countries that have way harsher gun restrictions and still manage to have free speech and all the trappings of a modern democratic society. I support the 2nd Amendment, I think it is an important part of our culture, but I think it is a false sense of security against a real government attack on our freedom. I'd say our best protection against that is the fact that our military is unlikely to cooperate with a fascist regime that targets American civilians.

Forget some fascist takeover. Yes, many, many, and more countries have freedom in some measure without a citizenry armed to the teeth. How many of those have an absolute guarantee it will stay that way? Not one. We do. Armed people will not be willingly rounded up and herded into camps. Armed people will not willing have their homes or freedoms illegally seized or their rights abrogated.

A citizenry without the means to defend their rights and liberty with weapons enjoys them only at the sufferance of the people who do have them. The must live every day in the hope those people don't change their minds. Think it can't happen here in the US? It already has. Ask Gromnir. Ask them:

16375436852_0c8641ca43_o.jpg

Or them:

Dakota-Sioux-Reservation-American-Indian

Not recent enough? How about them:

Kent_State_massacre.jpg

or them

bundy-ranch-standof-650x365.png

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sadly I don't see how the 2nd Amendment prevented any of those situations from happening. :(

It didn't. None of them were armed, or had been disarmed. Small examples of how a government, even one as relatively enlightened and benevolent as ours, treats people who can't fight back. When all the guns are banned, all the words censored, all the history erased those who even remember how it once was will realize why the right to bear arms was 2nd on the list. 

Look at what happened in Nevada a few years ago. Bundy didn't pay his grazing fees. Did the government take him to court? Give him his due process? No, BLM & FBI showed up in body armor, automatic weapons, sniper rifles and armored vehicles. They pointed guns in the faces of unarmed people, tasered them, beat the living hell out of some and started seizing private property (the cows). When 10k armed people showed up the backed down, took it to court, and won there. 

The government is not our f-----g friend. It's an armed bully that sometimes forgets who it really is supposed to serve. Every time I hear a congressman say citizens don't need guns I order another 500 rounds. 

Thomas Sowell

I have my doubts as well simply because a certain group of people will mostly likely always back what is being done. The fascists or whoever else won't rise to power in a vacuum.

No doubt it will be done to thunderous applause. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/10/05/the-campus-anti-free-speech-movement-black-lives-matter-protesters-shut-down-aclu-speaker-at-william-mary/?utm_term=.92681c96e2bc

Thomas Sowell

I have my doubts as well simply because a certain group of people will mostly likely always back what is being done. The fascists or whoever else won't rise to power in a vacuum.

No doubt it will be done to thunderous applause. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/10/05/the-campus-anti-free-speech-movement-black-lives-matter-protesters-shut-down-aclu-speaker-at-william-mary/?utm_term=.92681c96e2bc

Not sure BLM is all that powerful.

I must admit I am always amused by a notion most gun control advocates entertain. That it's ok for the government to take away our right to bear arms because we don't really need to worry about the government taking our rights. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

You can own guns in Russia. Great freedom over there.

Guns don't protect you from fascism. They only mean the police will bring bigger guns; essentially resulting in more deaths and damage and nothing else. If you want to stand up against the government; you might as well build a bomb. But guns on their own only make the death toll go up

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Well I doubt the second is preventing the loss of any of them, Gadsen flag fantasies aside. Depends on how it is removed, but curtailing speech is a lot worse than doing the same with the kinds of weapons you can own.

What's more dangerous? A bullet or a single misinformation shared and accepted at a global level?

Edited by redneckdevil

Well people can live freely without a gun, hard to do it when there's a hard mechanism to decide what's the right news you need to hear.

What's more dangerous? A bullet or a single misinformation shared and accepted at a global level?

A bullet.