I hope there is a 'candlekeep' style intro in Caed Nua

I want to see Caed Nua one last time before Eothas blows it up. Its been 5 years since PoE so theres bound to be some new stuff to see and maybe some nods to things we did before.

Anyone else feel the same?

Edited by Celeras
  • Like 5

This may be a bit tricky.

At my first run I've made only eastern barbican - everything else stayed at its origin :)

I guess Obs will do something... or the game will start like D:OS2

And I guess nothing can repeat Candlekeep.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

They could only show Caed Nua in ruins right after the incident, wouldn't be tricky but depends if they see it worthy; prolly be a never again visited area that we'll spend too little time... but you only have one chance to make a first impression :p and they already said it will be a "cool beginning"...

It's posible to have an ending where Caed Nua is kinda rubbish (Security < 30, Prestige < 30)  :-

I'd like to see prologue to take place in Dyrwood, setting the stage for a great Deadfire expedition.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

It's posible to have an ending where Caed Nua is kinda rubbish (Security < 30, Prestige < 30)  :-

I'd like to see prologue to take place in Dyrwood, setting the stage for a great Deadfire expedition.

I think they've already said that the prologue will take place in the Dyrwood, since you're departing from the Dyrwood.

I hope we don't have to do any sort of Oregon Trail style stocking of supplies first though. Obviously there would be supplies needed for the journey, but we shouldn't have to worry about specifics. One of Sagani's endings says it takes four months to get back home, so, four months is a good max amount of time, perhaps two months with favorable winds and currents.

• Like 1

This may be a bit tricky.

At my first run I've made only eastern barbican - everything else stayed at its origin :)

I guess Obs will do something... or the game will start like D:OS2

And I guess nothing can repeat Candlekeep.

In the campaign launch trailer there is a voice over of Eder talking about fixing up the keep. I wonder if this is part of the game and if it changes based on whether or not the keep is still trashed.

In the campaign launch trailer there is a voice over of Eder talking about fixing up the keep. I wonder if this is part of the game and if it changes based on whether or not the keep is still trashed.

Its about fixing up the keep in Pillars 1.

Its about fixing up the keep in Pillars 1.

Yeah I know. I'm saying I wonder if it changes based on whether or not you fixed up the keep in Pillars 1. (assuming he actually says that in game and its not just a trailer thing(

I am pretty sure it is confirmed that the game starts more or less with destruction of the Caed Nua at that the state of the keep is one of the things which transfer over (though I expect it to be more of a discriptions of what you did for the 5 years rather than huge map differences). We know you spent whatever is left from the keep to buy the ship and that you take a what’s left of the Steward and put her on the ship. Eder (if he lives) joins you in your pursuits of Eothas.

If there are rats, i hope i can domesticate them all and keep them as ship pets. Imagine go around the world domesticating rats, enough to fill the biggest ship, then if you don't have food you can have an ending in which you are devoured by your rats while sleeping. ...

I'd love to be an apprentice or something of the Watcher in PoE2. Someone who is sent on his very first true adventure by his master. The PC from part one could still be a powerful level 16 badass and just be an NPC who arrives at certain times in the game (or who is killed by Sarevok when leaving Caendnuadle Keep :blink:). I like it way more than the average "opsie, I'm level 1 again" plot. But that will never happen I guess :(

• 1 month later...

Haha. Pillars 1's ending gets an additional twist...or got the twist back in 26th february some of us are learning now :p

There's more!? Or do you mean the Battle of Caed Nua? Because that was epic.

I can see a Candlekeep intro working quite nicely, but it might be quite sad to see Korgrak and all my chums get murderised :(

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Haha. Pillars 1's ending gets an additional twist...or got the twist back in 26th february some of us are learning now :p

I can see a Candlekeep intro working quite nicely, but it might be quite sad to see Korgrak and all my chums get murderised :(

NIts just if you upgrade Caed Nua and make it safe etc it becomes a traveler's beacon in the end which means when Eothas erupts there is a bigger death toll.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing here, but I'd say eothas not just kills you but smashes you that hard that your soul is flung in a random (!) body that is a few kilometres away, as awakened soul. There you go, lvl 1 char with different race/sex/skills.

That would be lame as hell.

• Like 1

NIts just if you upgrade Caed Nua and make it safe etc it becomes a traveler's beacon in the end which means when Eothas erupts there is a bigger death toll.

By an amazing stroke of good fortune, Eothas erupts on the one day of the week that the park is closed to visitors. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that getting an in-game glimpse of the keep in Pillars 2 before it's reduced to rubble would be nice, but if we do get to spend any time in the Dyrwood at the beginning, then I'd like to set off to the Deadfire from New Heomar. It's a port city and it's been mentioned enough in the first game that I'd appreciate a glimpse of it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing here, but I'd say eothas not just kills you but smashes you that hard that your soul is flung in a random (!) body that is a few kilometres away, as awakened soul. There you go, lvl 1 char with different race/sex/skills.

That's exactly what I always expected to happen. :D