Shapeshifting form looks weird

Because they don’t change into animals but, like you nicely described, its were-animal versions. They call it “spirit-form”. I don’t know if it’s because of lore or if they want to distinguish druids from summons, but I like it, nonetheless.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Somewhat agreed, they do look strange. And for example NWN approach is closer to me.

The thing is, druids in PoE do not shapeshift. Obsidian calls it spiritshift. And here's the definition from wiki:

The druid can assume a variety of anthropomorphized forms, with new abilities inspired by the emulated creature. Druids cannot hold weapons while spiritshifted, but they can always cast spells.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

It's because they couldn't afford to animate real shape-shifited animals, so they animated men in animal customes. Give them some slack, it's an indie developer.

If it is due to budget constraint, i had like it that they retain the animal form. make the form slightly different such as bigger/smaller/slimmer and maybe different colors to distinguish it? My point is it looks better as the animal version.

I like that druids can't transform directly into animal forms. It gives a different flavor to the ability, and to the cultural setting. The PoE forms are more like Warhammer's beastmen. (Actually, the D&D rules also allow the lycanthrope to adopt a hybrid form.)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's because they couldn't afford to animate real shape-shifited animals, so they animated men in animal customes. Give them some slack, it's an indie developer.

If it is due to budget constraint, i had like it that they retain the animal form. make the form slightly different such as bigger/smaller/slimmer and maybe different colors to distinguish it? My point is it looks better as the animal version.

Sarcasm dude......

• Like 3

Eh, i'd prefer Shapeshifting to be even weirder. Never been a fan of "Shapeshift into an Animal" spells in RPGs.

Probably my favorite "shapeshifting" in any videogame were the Chaos Marauders from that old Warhammer MMO that was killed off a few years back.
12630834_f520.jpg

• Like 2