I believe both Pull of Eora and Maura's Writhing Tentacles were added in an expansion but can be learned normally upon leveling up to level 7. You will not find them in any spellbooks that I am aware of, so picking those two as your leveling selections is wise. They become nearly second rate once you get the also level 4 spell Ninagauth's Shadowflame; The spam spell of death.

I found it to be pretty underwhelming: it's not very effective or reliable CC which periodically yanks people in practically random directions (you can't even expect them to end up in the middle, sometimes they overshoot), making it very difficult to pull off a combo where you use Pull of Eora to make enemies bunch up, then hit them with some nasty AoE. It's practically inferior to Slicken, a level 1 spell. Pick Confusion instead.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

You an pick it at level up if you have the expansions. You don't need to find it.

I think it's one of the best CC effects on Path of the Damned: no immunities (like Confusion or Slicken), it completely messes up the pathfinding and tactical movement of enemies. It interrupts them for quite a while, too. It prevents rushing reliably. And it lasts a very long time. I like it with Chillfog and a Blast Wizard. It's also not too bad when you accidentially step into it. You as human intelligence can deal better with that than the stupid AI of the enemies. ;)

It's true that enemies can get yanked out of the area. This happens when Pull of Eora's pulse crits I suppose. When you use it on enemies with low fortitude this happens more often than against enemies with high fort (ogres for example).    

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks guys, I found it. Kinda stupid I have to respec my Wizard, I hope I can somehow conserve the speels he's already learned. I'm almost endgame, so I don't know if I will even get it on this playtrough, but it's surely nice for future Wizzies. I just assumed that you could learn all spells through grimoires, but now I know better ;)

Thanks again.

Sure you can! Just equip a grimoire from your stash and put all your spells into it. If it's full then take another one and so on. THat way you write down all spells you learned. You don't need to write down the spells like Shadowflame or Ninagauth's and Llengrath's Whatever and all the other ones you have to find in the game - those you will always keep.

Then you retrain to lvl 1 and stop here. Go into your inventory and learn all the spells from your previously filled grimoires. Will cost some money... Then resume leveling up. You will have even more spells than before because now you can pick those spells on level-up that are not yet in your grimoires.

It's almost cheesy. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, I will have to pillage some battle fields for Grimoires but that should do lol. I know this respecing can be cheesy, I even once considered to give my chars some handpicked talents for certain fights, like the accuracy bonus against Ghosts when I fought the Banshee in the light house, but never did lol