Let's rank our top 5 most powerful magic items in the game

I once had Outworn Buckler (paladin) + Little Savior (priest) + Little Savior (druid) + Redfield (chanter). Basically +18 to all defenses. Those were good times. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Its buff duration stealing got nerfed a lot. And also it's speed bonus doesn't stack with Frenzy, Swift Aim, Alacrity and such any more.

It's also bugged. When I have the 15% attack speed buff from it on my barbarian and he gets the 20% attack speed buff from Vielo Vidòrio the 20% attack speed bonus is the one that gets surpressed, not the 15% attack speed buff from Spelltongue. At least according to my character sheet.

I like all the ones posted, but I am still disappointed in all of them. All the efforts to maintain balance? drives me nuts. As such I always feel like everything is mostly nerfed to keep them from being really powerful magic items.

I'd prefer fewer, more powerful items (but a large selection to draw from, either  RNG or predetermined, or some variation, I don't care).

I'm still a pack rat and never dump anything and try various builds along the way. But I never feel like the hero of the story, just some common schmuck with a few more magic items than everyone else.

Eh. Still fun.

Joe

• Like 1

I like all the ones posted, but I am still disappointed in all of them. All the efforts to maintain balance? drives me nuts. As such I always feel like everything is mostly nerfed to keep them from being really powerful magic items.

I'd prefer fewer, more powerful items (but a large selection to draw from, either  RNG or predetermined, or some variation, I don't care).

I'm still a pack rat and never dump anything and try various builds along the way. But I never feel like the hero of the story, just some common schmuck with a few more magic items than everyone else.

Eh. Still fun.

Joe

Haha thats exactly how i feel. Obsidian balanced it to much. There are some powerful items in the game especially Durgan steel. Abydons hammer area of affect stun is just crazy. Stormcaller is very powerful in the mid game but not so much in the end game. But yeah I don't rewlly think there are many other powerful items of note.

I find the items in this game to be insanely boring.  None of the items really have any clear great effect, they don't stack and even the item icons sometimes have the same icons as other "great" items or "superb or whatever..

It is really overly controlled and boring.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/pillars-of-eternity/Armor

You can't make some unique configuration to give you an advantage.  Enchanting could be fun, but is so gimped.  You don't practice enchanting and it takes no skill from the person and it doesn't really fit into a single player game.

Edited by Goddard
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

" I am still disappointed in all of them. All the efforts to maintain balance? drives me nuts. As such I always feel like everything is mostly nerfed to keep them from being really powerful magic items.

I'd prefer fewer, more powerful items (but a large selection to draw from, either RNG or predetermined, or some variation, I don't care).

Eh. Still fun."

Personally I love it because if certain items are far more powerful than others, the game quickly breaks and becomes far too easy and doesn't allow for any variety.

Watch Josh's presentation on attributes to understand why he designed the game this way. It's brilliant game design is what it is, if underappreciated.

• Like 1