Let's rank our top 5 most powerful magic items in the game

It is so powerful because it has

a) wounding

b) the spell stealing works like so:

You charge a caster and hit him a few times (or take a barb and hit a group of casters to immediately gain access to their spells). Rogue or fighter also works fine because of Deathblows and high ACC.

Then you get some spells for a given time (it's quite a long timespan). In that timespan you can cast those spells as often as you can. There is no limit other than your speed. With it most bounties that includes casters are a joke. You steal Calling the World's Maw and can cast it over and over till everybody is dead. Really. Cool with rogue (Deathblows and Deep Wounds) or barb (Blood Thirst).

And in all other fights it has wounding which is the best dps enchantment.

It comes really late, true. But if you use it right it's a game breaker.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah by the time I get it i don't really have any use for it beacsue almost all of the game is finished. I've also fully enchnted other weapons and durganziaed them, making the acuan gimpas even less appealing.

There are a lot of items in pillars with this issue. I hope they rectify it in deadifre

Shod in faith that's a surprise entry.

I have probably answered the wrong question.

Instead of putting down "top 5 most powerful items" (which is somewhat open to interpretation), I have listed "top 5 non-consumable items that made the game easier personally for me measured by [overall impact minus opportunity cost]".

Yeah by the time I get it i don't really have any use for it beacsue almost all of the game is finished. I've also fully enchnted other weapons and durganziaed them, making the acuan gimpas even less appealing.

There are a lot of items in pillars with this issue. I hope they rectify it in deadifre

I agree. It's still very powerful in my opinion, but yes: if you also judge when you get an item then it's pretty moot. Like Daybreak. :)

I also posted it because so few people actually know it (and how good it can be).

The most powerful items for me - if you factor in how early you can get them - would be:

1. Tidefall

2. Outworn Buckler

3. Persistence

4. Durance's Staff

5. Plate Armor from the moon godlike in front of Eothas' Temple in Gilded Vale + Blunting Belt (ok, that's two... ;))

And also The Long Pain, Firebrand from Forgemaster's Gloves and Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff - but I don't know if we want to have summoned weapons in this list.

Edited by Boeroer

Its buff duration stealing got nerfed a lot. And also it's speed bonus doesn't stack with Frenzy, Swift Aim, Alacrity and such any more.

Really? That's taking the nerfin hammer to far I reckon. If was never that strong in the first place

And you really think that acuan gimas is stronger then abydons hammer? That area of efftect stun and the knock prone per encounter are insanely strong. Plus it's mythic, +4 might and I can't remember what else it does.

Edited by firkraag888
  • Like 1

Its buff duration stealing got nerfed a lot. And also it's speed bonus doesn't stack with Frenzy, Swift Aim, Alacrity and such any more.

Really? That's taking the nerfin hammer to far I reckon. If was never that strong in the first place

And you really think that acuan gimas is stronger then abydons hammer? That area of efftect stun and the knock prone per encounter are insanely strong. Plus it's mythic, +4 might and I can't remember what else it does.

Basically vessel slay on crit and prone on crit

I still remember when it's attack speed bonus was somehow stacking with itself on each swing.

And same thing with the old Borresaine. It was hilarious shooting with zero recovery, without Time Parasite / DAoM.

The first implementation of Spelltongue gave you a 90% speed buff for more than 60 secs. :lol:

Spelltongue was a game breaker on a barb (indefinite duration of all buffs) but besides that it was just cool.

@firkraag888: yeah basically you are right and I should include Abydon's Hammer - but since everybody's mentioning it... ;)

Plus: no durgan steel and no lash. Bummer. Hehe!

Durgan Steel is the real winner.

It turned almost all soulbound items into subpar ones.

If not my favorite is Little Savior. +5 all defenses party wide, only take left hand of a random backrow caster for basically no opportunity cost. You cannot go wrong with Little Savior.

And stacks with helwaxed one.