Looking for a nice 2hand melee (fighter, barb, pala) build/guide

Hello !

as always i only can find some dual wield/1hand or 1hand +shield guides :( !

But i always wanted to play a very nice fighter/barb/pala with the best (one of the best) 2hand weapon ! Does not matter if sword, axe, spear or so.

It must not be a guide for PotD /solo build. I just want to have that char in my party :)

Can anybody pls link me such a guide/build or give me some advise pls? Bec. its a long time ago since i played PoE and a lot was changed till then.

Greetings

Carte

• Like 1

I find build descriptions only useful if they do something special that you wouldn't expect or if the class itself is complicated (like casters with a ton of spells).

A melee guy with a two hander is really straightforward.

If you want extra sturdyness without sacrificing too much offensive potential then take Veteran's Recovery and other self heals and survival 8 as well as an item like Fulvano's Amulet.

Tidefall on a barb is nice because the endurance draining as well as wounding work with Carnage.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hi,

it's simple: barb with Tall Grass, Hours of Saint Rumbalt or Tidefall (best damage, needs high MIG), Frenzy, Bloodlust and Blood Thirst. Rest is straightforward.

Thank you Boeroer ! What about fighter and paladins? I guess a fighter could deal some nice dmg too and has a bit more defense stats and the talent where he can come back from the dead?:)

Yes. A fighter can also focus even more on regeneration with Constant+Rapid Recovery and the Cloak of the Tireless Defender + survival 8 or even 14 and a Belt of Bountiful Healing. Then go full offense with the rest.

I like Hours of SR on a fighter because his very high ACC with Disc. Barrage leads to a lot of crits.

But I like dual wielding on fighters even more because of Knockdown's Full Attack and also because of Charge (does an invisible Full Attack at the target additional to the crush damage).

Paladins with a two hander are ok, but because of the Outworn Buckler (its herald enchantment stacks with everything) I usually end up with two arquebuses or two blunderbusses and a weapon & OW Buckler setup. Also, dual wielding sabres does more damage with FoD on most cases than using a two hander.

A barb with a reach weapon on the other hand can place his Carnage perfectly well in the middle of a mob. And when he kills stuff his recovery is 0 which is great with a two hander. Also, try St. Ydwen's Redeemer + Blood Thirst on a group of vessels... :)

Edit: damn phone... Had to correct some weird sentences...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods