Your perfect world state for PoE2 (NEW QUESTIONS UPDATE!)

111 members have voted

1. 1. Fancy participating in a more than 3-question survey? Link in the OP

• Yes
    • No

Awakenings seem to vary greatly in intensity and just what is awakened. They're also extremely rare. It's a hell of a gambit to make.

As opposed to sitting in a soul prison for an eternity?

Yeah, she'll probably have a higher success ratio sitting in soul prison keeping the secret alive. She told at least 6 people (the Watcher and the party). Someone else might come, a few centuries from then, which is more than she could expect, had she been reborn. 

Centuries? Since we were the first living people down there for since the Engwithans, i really doubt there will be many, if any at all, people going down there (especially considering it requires the favor from the Gods to just survive the trip).

• Like 1

You don't need the favor of the gods to survive the trip if you use the passage that Thaos used (and sealed afterwards), and which you dig out and leave by after you defeat him. And yeah, 1 person in 2 millenia is still a better chance than hoping for an Awakening that will keep the secret alive 

By the way, the Orlan baby question is missing an option- in my latest, "canon" playthrough, I simply killed Simoc and his guards as soon as he made the offer (you have an option for that in dialogue). Later, his son showed up and thanked me. Never even saw the baby. 

• Like 1

By the way, the Orlan baby question is missing an option- in my latest, "canon" playthrough, I simply killed Simoc and his guards as soon as he made the offer (you have an option for that in dialogue). Later, his son showed up and thanked me. Never even saw the baby. 

True, but the outcome is the same as in "Poison Simoc, leave the baby alone".

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Awakenings seem to vary greatly in intensity and just what is awakened. They're also extremely rare. It's a hell of a gambit to make.

She knew exactly what she was getting there. Sit around in Breith Eaman being smug at the Gods for petty satisfaction. Given the Gods are kind of proud selfish ****, it probably even worked a bit.

She knew exactly what she was getting there. Sit around in Breith Eaman being smug at the Gods for petty satisfaction. Given the Gods are kind of proud selfish ****, it probably even worked a bit.

Oh, she probably thinks that way for sure, but i really doubt the gods give even the slightest amount of ****s about her in her position, if anything it's actually good for them to have her sit there forever, instead of being out there in the world spreading her heresy.

Oh, she probably thinks that way for sure, but i really doubt the gods give even the slightest amount of ****s about her in her position, if anything it's actually good for them to have her sit there forever, instead of being out there in the world spreading her heresy.

Except that she wouldn't be spreading her heresy if she was out in the world. 

• Like 1

Except that she wouldn't be spreading her heresy if she was out in the world. 

She would POSSIBLY spreading her heresy, as opposed to NOT spreading her heresy while in prison.

And Gods can intervene to make sure someone awakens. I'd imagine they can do the opposite. Iovara probably has a better success rate sitting in a giant hole than she would in the outside world. Plus, she tried the evangelical angle. It didn't work then, when there were actual people that created the Gods still walking around leaking stuff. It's even less likely to work now.

• Like 1

Is there "best" choices? Some like the Machine on the Hill there are good and bad results for both. Allow the souls to go to the wheel but it can still be used to make zombies or sacrifice those souls so the machine is permantly broken. Neither seems "best" to me.

Is there "best" choices? Some like the Machine on the Hill there are good and bad results for both. Allow the souls to go to the wheel but it can still be used to make zombies or sacrifice those souls so the machine is permantly broken. Neither seems "best" to me.

*sigh*

For the n-th time, the survey is about the choices/consequences you personally want to transfer into the sequel NOT the "best" ones.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Since this seems to have turned into the questionnaire feedback thread...

For Aufra we need another option.

Yes, I gave her the placebo potion, and told her it would guarantee her child would not be born hollow.

Yes, I gave her the potion, but warned her it would not do anything.

I gave her the potion and didn't correct her about her ideas. I just nodded stoically or something. That doesn't really amount to guaranteeing her anything. Or perhaps the first option needs to be reworded as I'm not sure you can give her a more reassuring answer.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I was surprised there was no option to try to absorb Thaos' soul like you could with Maerwald

Remember that animancer who tried to absorb a scullery maid's soul, but ended up absorbed by her soul instead? If you tried to merge with Thaos, there is no guarantee that it wouldn't be Thaos who came out on top. 

• Like 3

That's a good point but it actually makes me want that option even more. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, maybe things go horribly wrong and a defeated Thaos ends up winning in the end because of your thirst for power/knowledge/cool headgear. The game already gives you "bad options" that can result in your death so I don't really see a problem with that being a possibility.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

That's a good point but it actually makes me want that option even more. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, maybe things go horribly wrong and a defeated Thaos ends up winning in the end because of your thirst for power/knowledge/cool headgear. The game already gives you "bad options" that can result in your death so I don't really see a problem with that being a possibility.

They cut a lot of stuff from the game, including being able to get Iovara's soul to help you in the fight against Thaos in exchange for freeing the Forgiven souls. This might be one of those things. 

• Like 1

I was surprised there was no option to try to absorb Thaos' soul like you could with Maerwald

Remember that animancer who tried to absorb a scullery maid's soul, but ended up absorbed by her soul instead?

I don't, at all. Where was this?

I can't recall at the moment. It was either in a book you read in-game, or a lore-dump conversation at the sanitarium, IIRC 

I was wondering if maybe it was from a backer NPC or something. I made the conscious choice to skip almost all of those after the first few death godlikes with tragic pasts.

Oh god... is it gonna be like in the first PoE with the backer npcs?

Oh Godlikes are so rare and mysterious! Literally every other NPC sitting around is some special snowflake godlike.

• Like 3

Pretty sure Obsidian has said they realize they mishandled the backer NPC's and messages from the first game, and this time it will be far more strict and subtle. 

I think the best way to handle it may even be as simple as creating a "backer content" flag, and for any character in game who is only there as a backer npc and not part of something bigger, they just click that flag on.  Then make an in game setting you can turn on or off, and if you turn it off the characters with that flag simply don't appear in your game.

Probably a little too late for something like that but whatevs.

• Like 3

I was wondering if maybe it was from a backer NPC or something. I made the conscious choice to skip almost all of those after the first few death godlikes with tragic pasts.

Oh god... is it gonna be like in the first PoE with the backer npcs?

Oh Godlikes are so rare and mysterious! Literally every other NPC sitting around is some special snowflake godlike.

That was specially annoying when I played as a Death godlike. Everywhere I went I saw another one, so it gave me the impression that nobody would look at me twice.

Edit: typo

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

That was specially annoying when I played as a Death godlike. Everywhere I went I saw another one, so it game me the impression that nobody would look at me twice.

There must be loads born given that they are "commonly killed at birth because many cultures consider them harbingers of doom." :lol:

• Like 8