Your perfect world state for PoE2 (NEW QUESTIONS UPDATE!)

111 members have voted

1. 1. Fancy participating in a more than 3-question survey? Link in the OP

• Yes
    • No

Well how suicidal do you have to be to intentionally piss off the Gods?

From a rp view?

The "I don't give a crap" type, I guess.

Or the "actually all these revelations from Iovara make me change my mind" way.

Or "maybe Wael or Skaen do have a point after all"

The most Wael option is to promise every god you'll do what they want, up to and including Skaen right at the end, then throw the souls off to random locations anyway. As Wael itself says, "No end, Watcher. That is the purpose."

I locked Thaos in the well.  I know many seem to think there's nothing to stop the gods from releasing the souls in there, since its mentioned that those who ask and are given forgiveness are freed, but I think that's a misinterpretation: they are not freed from Breith Eaman, they are just able to wander the surface above it and are not bound to the rock.  Even the gods can't seem to fully free the people there, and their souls don't return to the cycle of reincarnation.  It is the forgiven ones who enable you to survive the fall into the well once you gain the support of one or more gods, if they were freed then what are they still doing there?  As the wiki states regarding Breith Eaman:

To achieve release, they had to beg the forgiveness of a god, pledge their soul to them, and then they would be lifted from this place to the world above. In truth, they received leniency but not true mercy. The spite of Woedica is eternal and so the souls would linger above, at the site of the old Court, not permitted to leave the island, forever severed from the cycle.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Breith_Eaman

So they would be released from the adra prison but not from Breith Eaman is my reading, and while it mentions the spite of Woedica I don't think it is actually her power that locks them there and that it is beyond the power of the gods to truly release people from there, even Woedica.

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I actually feel really bad mostly about Kana.

This. I did what I could to support Kana's confidence, curiosity and positive view of the Engwithans, and still ended up with the 'affable eccentric' ending for whatever reason. I really don't feel like having another 100-hour playthrough just to fix that, but it bothers me like a tiny, black stain on an otherwise perfectly clean window. :(
Shame we won't be able to edit that kind of stuff on import.

• Like 1

Vela, the orlan baby

Wow, what a score, this is almost tied you know. So you just wanna poison Simoc, but can't decide whether to take the baby for yourself? I'm amazed that more than 12% of players skipped this quest.

I may or may not have just replayed the last few hours of my game, just to steal the baby.

This. I did what I could to support Kana's confidence, curiosity and positive view of the Engwithans, and still ended up with the 'affable eccentric' ending for whatever reason. I really don't feel like having another 100-hour playthrough just to fix that, but it bothers me like a tiny, black stain on an otherwise perfectly clean window. :(

I got that ending too, but i don't see it as a bad ending for him. Heck, to me, it seems like the ending most true to himself.

Wait, I thought you could edit stuff like this on import?

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Wait, I thought you could edit stuff like this on import?

Nope. You can either create a save wholecloth or import an exisiting save. You can't edit a save you import.

I got that ending too, but i don't see it as a bad ending for him. Heck, to me, it seems like the ending most true to himself.

I don't think it's a bad ending, but neither is it all that good imo. As for it being most true to Kana, that depends on how you see him. When you meet him, he's idealistic, curious, and determined to start off an era of peace and prosperity in Rauatai. With the eccentric ending, it just felt to me like he lost some of that.

I don't think it's a bad ending, but neither is it all that good imo. As for it being most true to Kana, that depends on how you see him. When you meet him, he's idealistic, curious, and determined to start off an era of peace and prosperity in Rauatai. With the eccentric ending, it just felt to me like he lost some of that.

I think in order to get the ending where he doesn't become an eccentric, but some inspiring voice, you basically have to have him in your party for a lot of the quests, like in the Sanitarium and whatnot, in order to get the dialogue prompts with him.

If you don't bring him along to those specific quests, you basically get locked into either the Eccentric or Traditionalist endings (depending on what you say to him after finding the tablet)

But then there's the whole "sails away in search of knowledge ending", so who the hell knows how it all actually works.

It's really strange just how much more complicated Kana's arc is with so many different endings, when according to most polls i've seen, he's probably the least liked companion  :w00t:

Edited by Juodas Varnas

I think in order to get the ending where he doesn't become an eccentric, but some inspiring voice, you basically have to have him in your party for a lot of the quests, like in the Sanitarium and whatnot, in order to get the dialogue prompts with him.

If you don't bring him along to those specific quests, you basically get locked into either the Eccentric or Traditionalist endings (depending on what you say to him after finding the tablet)

But then there's the whole "sails away in search of knowledge ending", so who the hell knows how it all actually works.

It's really strange just how much more complicated Kana's arc is with so many different endings, when according to most polls i've seen, he's probably the least liked companion  :w00t:

I'm aware of this, and pretty sure I didn't ever kick him out of the party after recruiting him for more than 5 minutes. I probably just picked the wrong reply somewhere.

It surprised me too to learn that Kana's ending is affected by so many dialogues at so many different points in time throughout the game, as opposed to Edér or Aloth, whose endings can be altered at the last minute. But despite my slight frustration, I really appreciate the depth of the effort they put into him.

Then again, the devs couldn't have predicted how liked Kana would end up being. He certainly wasn't my least liked companion. :D

Eh, I liked him well enough and had him in my 6th wheel slot for about half the game. I like having one or two sanguine guys around to balance the more serious companions. Problem with his arc is that somewhat ambivalent or critical answers leaves him a depressed mess somehow with no real way for the player to know.

Edited by Yenkaz
  • Like 1

I am a little (or very) late to this, but sent my answers. Is there a truly perfect world state though? I did not exactly play with perfect choices but what felt right for my character to choose at the time. It was fun to see what other choices people made/consider perfect though.

I am a little (or very) late to this, but sent my answers. Is there a truly perfect world state though? I did not exactly play with perfect choices but what felt right for my character to choose at the time. It was fun to see what other choices people made/consider perfect though.

You haven't been paying attention.

Not "perfect" as "flawless".

"Your perferct" choices you want the most, that you want to transfer to the sequel.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

So what do you guys think about Eder's endings? Is he better off in the Night Market or as a mayor of Dyrford?

I'm kinda iffy about all religious bs in POE and plan on

revealing to all and/or destroying the invented gods

if the opportunity arises, so having Eder defend Eothas as a religious zealot (and possibly leaving the party) doesn't sit well for me. So I'm making him mayor. 

Edited by Aramintai

I didn't think erasing Thaos' memories would be the most popular option. I thought it would be better to leave him with his soul and memories intact so he could have a chance at possibly redeeming himself in the future. 

Fat chance. Personally, I think he's too dangerous even memory wiped, I had his soul destroyed.

I didn't think erasing Thaos' memories would be the most popular option. I thought it would be better to leave him with his soul and memories intact so he could have a chance at possibly redeeming himself in the future. 

Fat chance. Personally, I think he's too dangerous even memory wiped, I had his soul destroyed.

Well, returning him to the wheel leaves you the possibility of kicking his ass again.

Which i'm more than happy to do!

Yeah, it's generally to do with pushing the view that the gods do help people vs. the problems are the gods' fault to begin with.

Hmm, wouldn't it be more like:

people are stupid with or without gods VS people are stupid because of the gods

?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

So what do you guys think about Eder's endings? Is he better off in the Night Market or as a mayor of Dyrford?

I'm kinda iffy about all religious bs in POE and plan on

revealing to all and/or destroying the invented gods

if the opportunity arises, so having Eder defend Eothas as a religious zealot (and possibly leaving the party) doesn't sit well for me. So I'm making him mayor. 

If you reveal that the Gods were made I just figured that would mean lots of people trying to make themselves Gods, especially as there is no known way to destroy the invented Gods. But hey good luck.

Thaos is very capable, resourceful, and resolute - no chance he'd ever reconsider his beliefs. However, with his memories wiped, he might end up using his talents to a different end in his next life. For better or for worse, but that's the natural course of the world. I think it's a horrible waste, to completely destroy an ancient and powerful soul (with a completely blank slate at that point).

That said, I still erased him. :grin: I argued hard with Ondra and GM about how altering memories is wrong and even a painful past is worth remembering, so doing that to Thaos would have rendered me a hypocrite.