scion of flame + burn damage (enchantment)?

Hi, I have a question about scion of flame. I am building a dps dracozzin paladini so I get this skill/perk. So far it is doing wonders with flames of devotion and fires of dracozzi palace. And I finally got tindefall so I wonder if I place a burn enchantment on it, scion of flame will also affect my damage with the blade? Or it only applies to magic damage doing with fire?

Thanks in advance.

It affects the damage of the lash your burn enchantment, yes.  All fire damage you do.

PS

As an avid Darcozzi player please tell me you took Inspiring Liberation.  + 10 ACC To Liberating Exhortation! with Sworn Enemy a DPS Darcozzi is a bad ass smiter.  He is only second to a DW Bittercut x2 Bleak Walker (they get two lashes if they spec it.  Fire and Corrode) in damage but he is more accurate!  Liberating Exhortation is awesome offensively as it clears debuffs which reduce your accuracy like blinds etc.  If you cant see you cant hit anything!

Sorry I know this isn't a build thread but you said Fires of the Darcozzi Palace and you got me thinking.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Let me get to your topic with no problem!

My intention was to build a tank-ish dps. After some tries with different combos (including some min/max), I decided go dracozzi with maximum flame damage possible. I actually have a build suggestion for it that I am wondering to post ("The Volatio Regio Commando"). My first idea was go with fire gl, but I really dislike the male head models, but the main concept still goes a sect of dracozzi paladini formed most by fire gl with few exceptions (me being one now lol). A pity really because as I tested, the fire gl even procc more damage so it is the ideal race for this build if you bypass the bad modeling choices they did. At this point the only question that remained open was if add burn damage could raise his damage even more. Right now I have am one of top damage dealers in the party.

I like to optimize my characters but keep them in a rp line, kinda of a grey line but that is what make rpgs interesting to me. So the build is open to min/max but I decided NOT drop a stat below 10 to keep him as "normal" as possible as I understand that a paladin with 3, 4 con would be something kinda out of reality (although totally viable ingame mechanics).

I did get sworn enemy but havent test Liberating Exhortation yet. Honestly I think I will totally skip it. I do have some levels stores and one of kinda locked me on Liberating Exhortation and other options. I never liked to play field medic and Liberating Exhortation kinda has this feeling to me. I rather spend point on things like deep faith, inspire triumph... That is just my opinion, of course. So far I havent see any real point to get Liberating Exhortation on this build even if I like it but is totally open to it.

I tried roll a kind wayfarer but honestly the dracozzi have a best combo damage with flames of devotion, scion of flames and, if you are a fire gl, the bonus procc damage when you reach bellow X endurance is a killer.

At this point, my build is (if I am not mistaken) 16/12/10/13/15. Last vigil all the time raising per and res to 14/16 make me walk through most conversation gloves of dextrery since valewood making dex 12.. I purchase the troll belt un dryford village and with the lesser version of recovery (sorry, forget the name) that caps my recovery as a fighter (without enhancements). Of course, if anyone wants drop his dex or even his con to raise int, per, res or mi... thats is open.

But please explain how do you see LE as so important. I am basing my judgment on ingame description.
https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Liberating_Exhortation

Cheers.

It affects the damage of the lash your burn enchantment, yes.  All fire damage you do.

PS

As an avid Darcozzi player please tell me you took Inspiring Liberation.  + 10 ACC To Liberating Exhortation! with Sworn Enemy a DPS Darcozzi is a bad ass smiter.  He is only second to a DW Bittercut x2 Bleak Walker (they get two lashes if they spec it.  Fire and Corrode) in damage but he is more accurate!  Liberating Exhortation is awesome offensively as it clears debuffs which reduce your accuracy like blinds etc.  If you cant see you cant hit anything!

Sorry I know this isn't a build thread but you said Fires of the Darcozzi Palace and you got me thinking.

Wait, you can cast Liberating Exhortation on yourself? So Inspiring Liberation can affect yourself? This changes everything. 

• Like 1

Being new is making me lost the conversation due the fact my posts cannot be edited and have to wait approval. I checked again Liberating Exhortation and found nothing eye cathing about it or the talents related (liberating exortating, bond duty), they are all skills to be applied on allies and with situational bonuses (like protection from charm). Besided, what you mean by "ACC"?

PS

Wait, you can cast Liberating Exhortation on yourself? So Inspiring Liberation can affect yourself? This changes everything. 

You absolutely can.  Liberating Exhortation is the only Exhortation (command) that you can place on yourself.  It is clutch on PotD where you need every point of accuracy in a dragon fight.  What you have to be careful with  not getting into the rhythm of using just as a buff and depending on the enemy treating it like the cleanse (temperory cleanse there is no permanent cleanse in this game lol it all comes back after the buff wears off it just suspends debuffs)  that it is.  Because sometimes you can use it at the start of a fight and someone takes a debuff and you have use up your second Liberating to get them out of the debuff. Again remember that all these "remove debuff" abilities in POE just remove it for a temporary period AND the debuffs can be reapplied while your under the cleanse affect.  Although the AI usually does not continually spam debuffs.  It seems that have some type of cool down mechanism that we don't. "shrug"

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

PS

You absolutely can.  Liberating Exhortation is the only Exhortation (command) that you can place on yourself.  It is clutch on PotD where you need every point of accuracy in a dragon fight.  What you have to be careful with  not getting into the rhythm of using just as a buff and depending on the enemy treating it like the cleanse (temperory cleanse there is no permanent cleanse in this game lol it all comes back after the buff wears off it just suspends debuffs)  that it is.  Because sometimes you can use it at the start of a fight and someone takes a debuff and you have use up your second Liberating to get them out of the debuff. Again remember that all these "remove debuff" abilities in POE just remove it for a temporary period AND the debuffs can be reapplied while your under the cleanse affect.  Although the AI usually does not continually spam debuffs.  It seems that have some type of cool down mechanism that we don't. "shrug"

Darcozzi Paladin here I come. 

@Rique: ACC is Accuracy, one of the more important stats in the game. The Darcozzi Paladin talent Inspiring Liberation adds a +10 Accuracy buff to the Liberating Exhortation talent, making it a powerful debuff remover and accuracy buff, that should stack with mostly anything. 

• Like 2

PS

@Rique: ACC is Accuracy, one of the more important stats in the game. The Darcozzi Paladin talent Inspiring Liberation adds a +10 Accuracy buff to the Liberating Exhortation talent, making it a powerful debuff remover and accuracy buff, that should stack with mostly anything. 

Yes I know that accuracy is important. And I totally forget about their second exclusive skill! lol Got it. Well I didnt get it on my build but I have 2 or 3 levels saved. May give it a try. But still you need to spend 2 skils for this (liberating exortation and inspiring exortation) to a +10 accurary boost and a very situational protection (charm). I am personally more moved to get a two handed sword weapon focus or/and combat for perm accurary and damage increase. Lets see. Thanks for the input!

Edited by Rique

Being new is making me lost the conversation due the fact my posts cannot be edited and have to wait approval. I checked again Liberating Exhortation and found nothing eye cathing about it or the talents related (liberating exortating, bond duty), they are all skills to be applied on allies and with situational bonuses (like protection from charm). Besided, what you mean by "ACC"?

A Darcozzi Paladin who gets Liberating Exhoration and upgrade it at the next even level. The talent is called "Inspiring Liberation" and adds +10 Accuracy to the ally.

Bond of Duty is for Goldpact Knights so you are looking at the wrong order or something that is out of date.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Inspiring_Liberation Here you go.

Also you are wrong on the nothing eye catching.  It is the single best Exhortation a Paladin has.  In the late game if you do the difficult bounties you will take a huge amount of debuffs like blind and targeted terrifies etc if you are playing on PotD you will get hit at some point no matter how good your defenses.  Enemy accuracy is too high.  If you are blinded and terrified from a spell for example you will not hit a thing and your defenses will be very low.  You will die or be a non factor in the fight.  If you are in a party clearing a Paralyze or Petrify from an ally can change the tide of a fight.  An ally can go from a petrified about to be a knocked out target to cleared and fighting fully party member for a minimum of 20 seconds (base if you have 10 INT).

The only other ability that does this is the priest third level spell and the AOE is TINY and even with a 20 INT it only last 8 seconds.  A Paladin with a 20 INT can cleanse a powerful DPS party member or him/herself and turn them from a CCed useless character to a fully functioning and buffed ass kicker.  This has literally saved my Triple Crown runs more then once.

If you have a priest in the group and play it perfectly every time and are able to get status effect immunity on the entire party every single fight well then you would not need it.  That being said on a Darcozzi I would take it anyway on PotD as Accuracy is DPS and DPS is life in this game.

It has literally saved a Triple Crown Playthrough

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

PS

Yes I know that accuracy is important. And I totally forget about their second exclusive skill! lol Got it. Well I didnt get it on my build but I have 2 or 3 levels saved. May give it a try. But still you need to spend 2 skils for this (liberating exortation and inspiring exortation) to a +10 accurary boost and a very situational protection (charm). I am personally more moved to get a two handed sword weapon focus or/and combat for perm accurary and damage increase. Lets see. Thanks for the input!

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Liberating_Exhortation  That's the ability

Its not just Charm.  It is every single debuff in the game.  Prone, Paralyze, Petrify, Stun, Charm, Confused, Dominated you name it it clears it.  You are reading Bond of Duty which is the upgrade for a Goldpact Knights Liberating Exhortation.  Which yes IS situational and makes allies IMMUNE to Dominate effects for a duration plus clears any debuff.  So if you don't have a priest Bond of Duty can also be good but more situational.  That being said Liberating Exhortation in any build is worth it.  Even without the Darcozzi Upgrade.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Fires of the Darcozzi Palace is pretty bad.  Even as a retaliate it is weak and waste of a talent.  Unless maybe you are going for a super niche retaliate build its just bad.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

A Darcozzi Paladin who gets Liberating Exhoration and upgrade it at the next even level. The talent is called "Inspiring Liberation" and adds +10 Accuracy to the ally.

Bond of Duty is for Goldpact Knights so you are looking at the wrong order or something that is out of date.

Also you are wrong on the nothing eye catching.  It is the single best Exhortation a Paladin has.  In the late game if you do the difficult bounties you will take a huge amount of debuffs like blind and targeted terrifies etc if you are playing on PotD you will get hit at some point no matter how good your defenses.  Enemy accuracy is too high.  If you are blinded and terrified from a spell for example you will not hit a thing and your defenses will be very low.  You will die or be a non factor in the fight.  If you are in a party clearing a Paralyze or Petrify from an ally can change the tide of a fight.  An ally can go from a petrified about to be a knocked out target to cleared and fighting fully party member for a minimum of 20 seconds (base if you have 10 INT).

The only other ability that does this is the priest third level spell and the AOE is TINY and even with a 20 INT it only last 8 seconds.  A Paladin with a 20 INT can cleanse a powerful DPS party member or him/herself and turn them from a CCed useless character to a fully functioning and buffed ass kicker.  This has literally saved my Triple Crown runs more then once.

If you have a priest in the group and play it perfectly every time and are able to get status effect immunity on the entire party every single fight well then you would not need it.  That being said on a Darcozzi I would take it anyway on PotD as Accuracy is DPS and DPS is life in this game.

This right here. Liberating Exhortation is incredibly powerful. Removing all debuffs for the duration (which is huge, especially with high INT, one of the best Paladin stats) is crazy good. Some fights go from teeth-gnashing hard to cake walks with a timely Liberating Exhortation. 

Frankly, it's hard to overstate how good it is. I always take it on my Paladins. Always, and all of them. 

• Like 1

We were talking about different sills: liberating and inspiring. And yes, I forgot about the second dracozzi skill as I pointed.

I am not playing on hardest difficult either even this being my second run, so I guess that in this point makes little of no point. This could be a lifesaver on higher difficult levels but at this point I cannot say and will take your word as experience. I can say that, in my personal opinion now, for normal, I would rather spend this point on weapon focus or 2 on weapon focus/combat.

One is the ability that clears all debuffs and the other is the talent that upgrades it yes they are two different things that come in one package.  When you upgrade Liberating Exhortation they happen at the same time.  If you want to be combat effective get your weapon focus AND Inspiring Liberation and you will have a stacked +16 Accuracy while you are under the effect. (if you just get the weapon focus it will be +6) that is much much more combat effective then a weak retaliate and weak freeze DR.  Lastly a weapon focus will do nothing if you have a -25 ACC in a fight because you are blinded and Dazed while having a -ACC priest debuff on yourself.  You will hit nothing and be combat ineffective.  You cast Liberating Exhortation on yourself and now you have you are no longer blinded/dazed and have your weapon focus plus + 10 ACC (netting you +16 ACC) and you are much MORE combat effective.  I am trying to make you combat effective! :)

Have gun will travel.

This right here. Liberating Exhortation is incredibly powerful. Removing all debuffs for the duration (which is huge, especially with high INT, one of the best Paladin stats) is crazy good. Some fights go from teeth-gnashing hard to cake walks with a timely Liberating Exhortation. 

Frankly, it's hard to overstate how good it is. I always take it on my Paladins. Always, and all of them. 

Every single time.

Have gun will travel.

One is the ability that clears all debuffs and the other is the talent that upgrades it yes they are two different things that come in one package.  When you upgrade Liberating Exhortation they happen at the same time.  If you want to be combat effective get your weapon focus AND Inspiring Liberation and you will have a stacked +16 Accuracy while you are under the effect. (if you just get the weapon focus it will be +6) that is much much more combat effective then a weak retaliate and weak freeze DR.  Lastly a weapon focus will do nothing if you have a -25 ACC in a fight because you are blinded and Dazed while having a -ACC priest debuff on yourself.  You will hit nothing and be combat ineffective.  You cast Liberating Exhortation on yourself and now you have you are no longer blinded/dazed and have your weapon focus plus + 10 ACC (netting you +16 ACC) and you are much MORE combat effective.  I am trying to make you combat effective! :)

We are debating. I appreciate your input but we are both sharing experiencing here. What i am saying is that as much as i understang and appreciate your explanation, my points are as valid as yours, so you are not "trying to make me combat effective"... I may be new here but not to PoE or cRPGs. With all being said, I still think that both skills are not that good on long term as long as you have a priest in your party that can take care of debuff and shieldings. It is a personal preference so there is no right or wrong, that is what I am saying. :)

I may take this in consideration if I roll a paladin for potd. So far on normal I really dont see the need to spend 2 skills like this. I will make a test now since I have 2, 3 levels saved anyway just to see how he progress but only because I am stuck on getting lay on hand in one of the levels.

Cheers.

Edited by Rique

We are debating. I appreciate your input but we are both sharing experiencing here. What i am saying is that as much as i understang and appreciate your explanation, my points are as valid as yours, so you are not "trying to make me combat effective"... I may be new here but not to PoE or cRPGs. With all being said, I still think that both skills are not that good on long term as long as you have a priest in your party that can take care of debuff and shieldings. It is a personal preference so there is no right or wrong, that is what I am saying. :)

I may take this in consideration if I roll a paladin for potd. So far on normal I really dont see the need to spend 2 skills like this. I will make a test now since I have 2, 3 levels saved anyway just to see how he progress but only because I am stuck on getting lay on hand in one of the levels.

Cheers.

playing on normal I guess as ACC isn't as important  and you do not have do anything obviously play how you like.  But I just did the math for you.  You will be more combat effective with that buff then with Fires of the Darcozzi Palace which is a plain weak buff.   That's not an opinion that's a fact.  With a Priest you are even more combat effecting as you can stack Devotions of the Faithful and Inspiring Liberation....that's a +30 with both...so no matter how you slice it you will be more combat effective with that set up. Whether you are playing on Story Mode or PotD

Since you are playing on normal yes as long as you know the basics it doesn't matter what you do.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Hm sorry but you didnt the math for me,,, sorry but your whole tone is becoming uncomfortable while this whole teaching approach. You are sharing your opinions, some factuals, some not.

About this exortation do more damage than fires of dracozzi, i never said ot did and you missed the point where i said that i like to keep my toons with a foot on rping and lore. Fires of Dracozzi Palace skills was all about it for this one.

Anyway yes, i know what i am doing on normal just like i would if tired potd (i would experiment and see what worked best).

But again thanks for your input. I just checked here and that will save me from getting lay on hand. As the other op i had no idea that liberating exprtation could be self casted.

Edited by Rique
  • Like 1

Its factual dude I would like to know what is not factual.  but I understand the RP perspective.  All good my friend like I said typing and speaking are different things so I can seem mean or something but I am just passionate about the game.  Apologies.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

And apologies if I came off aggressive not trying to be. I am really happy to see new players around here :)

Thanks, it is all fine. But i am not a new player. I dislike forums so i just recently registred but i have the game since lunch. :)

Edited by Rique
  • Like 1

Its factual dude I would like to know what is not factual.  but I understand the RP perspective.  All good my friend like I said typing and speaking are different things so I can seem mean or something but I am just passionate about the game.  Apologies.

No worries really and i am honest when i say thank you, thanks to you i will skip lay on hands, i was unleved becaused lf that. :)

! Glad to hear I didn't offend much it was not my intention.  I love RP as well so I can see where you are coming from.  You actually peaked me for an idea with Fires of the Darcozzi Palace.  How hard is hitting for an average?  Maybe a retaliate frontline Darcozzi can work.  A lot of stuff is weak to fire.

Have gun will travel.

I have to admit I also never take Liberating Exhortation (except when I want Inspiring Exhortation on a Darcozzis because it stacks with everything - which is so important).

It's because I always use prayers and therefore seldomly suffer afflictions I can't handle. But I know every fight in the game, so it's easy to plan ahead. The exhortation is good if you get surprised. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods