Patch 1.2.8 A Fighter's Tale!

Thanks developers for the new content and new character! I will happlily pay cash to keep the app going like this. I'm a huge fan of the physical card game and will do whatever I can to support the digital implementation of the game

Here's my money.....please keep going developing more new content and characters!!

Edited by Gamerfergy
  • Like 3

What's the 30-card cap?

Sorry... been away for a long while (cuz i was pissed at the bugs, the undocumented/underneath-the-hood culling and weird pricing)

Back now hoping things have changed...

After some critical response to the loss of treasure salvage (the under-the-hood cull), rules were modified a bit.  The system is still technically there, but you can now have up to thirty of any treasure card in your collection. 

It's still enough to for a six-person party to have five each.  And honestly, the odds are very low that you have thirty Dragon Smiters or other particularly awesome cards.

edit: cleaned up the post a bit.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Anyone figure out when the best time is to hit the side quest stack? My AD6 party facerolled it due to the villian and henchman checks cuz I was expecting the Veteran trait to pop up as I play lots of OP. Im enjoying the content more with a fresh party that did some of AD1. 

The reward cards from the scenarios, do those go into the collection or should they be popping for deck selection? Also the owner trait is one we haven't seen in game yet, does this mean that Valeros can select these when making a fresh char?

The reward cards from the scenarios, do those go into the collection or should they be popping for deck selection? Also the owner trait is one we haven't seen in game yet, does this mean that Valeros can select these when making a fresh char?

I'm also wondering about this. I've completed three of the scenarios on legendary and other than the card showing up on the rewards screen it isn't added to Valeros' deck and I haven't seen any of the cards in the Collection.

Valeros can choose the owner-ed cards from the expansion if you start a new Valeros. Even if you didn't finished the scenairos.

But you don't get the cards when you finish the scenairo as reward in my experience.... strange.

Anyone figure out when the best time is to hit the side quest stack? My AD6 party facerolled it due to the villian and henchman checks cuz I was expecting the Veteran trait to pop up as I play lots of OP. Im enjoying the content more with a fresh party that did some of AD1. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what level the heroes should be to do the side quest. Would be great if obsidian gave a suggestion. I tied Val and Meri starting heroes and I'm pretty hung up on scenario 2 (CON roll of 10 is tough with buffs or healing cards!)

I won't be paying another penny for anything anymore. I signed up for daily gold (real money) for MONTHS to the point t I have 48k in saved gold. I did not see the fact they were going to change the buying options since they did not send an email announcement. I saved the gold to buy adventure packs and now I come to find out I can't buy them with the gold I paid real money for. So I basically gave them money for free.

Total BS

• Like 1

If I were you I'd give Obsidian a shout with your PFID code. They'll have your purchase history and I'm sure you could work something out with them.

I won't be paying another penny for anything anymore. I signed up for daily gold (real money) for MONTHS to the point t I have 48k in saved gold. I did not see the fact they were going to change the buying options since they did not send an email announcement. I saved the gold to buy adventure packs and now I come to find out I can't buy them with the gold I paid real money for. So I basically gave them money for free.

Total BS

I would like to ask Obsidian: Who is the target audience for these price changes?

​If it is for brand new players, they will just download, complete perils of the lost coast, then uninstall the game and go play some other free game like Hearthstone or Clash Royale.  And they will give negative reviews about how short this "free" game is.  3 free scenarios is not enough for new players to tell whether they like the game enough to buy it.

As a new player of this game, I agree. I did find the free content a bit short and was very turned off by spend $ here or here or here. At first glance, and compared to other pay-to-play games, it looks very costly. I do realize the physical game costs a lot more but this is a digital game - the cards don’t cost anything to print.

Also, it was not at all clear to me what might make sense to spend money on if I wanted to continue. Did I need to spend $25 on the bundle - that’s the main thing that is touted on the shop. I eventually did figure out I could spend $1.99 to continue the story for a little longer, but the experience did leave a bad taste in my mouth - all these different tabs for the store saying “buy this”.

I still don’t know how the additinal character purchasing works - or why I might want to buy one. There really needs to be a clearer description of how to increase the party beyond the 2 starting characters. There are all these different skins for difference chars, but not clear why I’d want one - do they just look different? And all these other named characters, is there somewhere in the store that describes what I get for buying one of them for $1.99?

Good questions. The shop is not very informative to people who Are not familiar to original board game.

Here you can find all original tabletop characters

http://paizo.com/products/btpy914x?Community-Use-Package-Pathfinder-Adventure-Card-Game-Character-Sheets

And those skins have some modifications to original characters.

Mostly you want to get more scenarios to keep on playing and or some extra characters to have variety.

Bundles Are best options IMHO because They have best bang for the buck ratio.

• 2 weeks later...

The stash progression bug has not been fixed. I have a party currently stuck at a progression break trying to rebuild decks after completing an adventure. We are short one ally and without a method to pull a new one "from the box" we can not continue. This has happened to me before with armor and with blessings, both times only corrected when a developer manually added items to my stash.

This should allow rebuilding in the same way that the tabletop game does: must pull cards from the stash first; if there aren't enough <insert card type here> to rebuild, go to the box and choose from ANY basic trait card of that type. At higher adventure deck levels this changes to any card with a deck number 2 below the current deck. Why doesn't it do this...is it an oversight, a bug, or working as intended? If WAI, what am I missing?