Hardwood and round holes 2K18

Leferd

Close race to decide who's trying to avoid a first round elimination by the Warriors.

DXYhi0wU8AAvuCo.jpg

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 3 weeks later...

I remember this well. It was 1996. The Miami Heat were playing the Chicago Bulls in the first round of the playoffs. It was a total blow out. The Bulls were beating Mourning and the Heat like a drum. Early in the 4th I see Alonzo Mourning and Bimbo Coles over on the bench laughing and joking without a care in the world. I turned off the TV, said "to hell with them" and never watched another Heat game since. If they don't care, why should I?

The other night I was following a particularly brutal loss by the Grizz to Charlotte on the radio. They ended up losing 140 something to 70 something. Even the radio analyst, Sean Tuhoy was criticizing the Grizz for having no heart. The I read this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766183-report-grizzlies-laughing-joking-in-locker-room-after-61-point-loss-vs-hornets

So, Memphis Grizzlies, to hell with you. There is no shame in getting over matched. But there is shame in not caring. And if you don't care, neither do I.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't know, it is a long season. You can't freak out every time you lose, sometimes things just don't go your way. Blowout losses have always been easier for me to handle as a player than the close ones. The close ones haunt you over a play or two. In a blowout you learn pretty early that the game is decided, and so you move on mentally.

Playoffs would arguably be different because you are really limited in the amount of games. It is healthy to be able to put a bad game behind you though.

I don't know, it is a long season. You can't freak out every time you lose, sometimes things just don't go your way. Blowout losses have always been easier for me to handle as a player than the close ones. The close ones haunt you over a play or two. In a blowout you learn pretty early that the game is decided, and so you move on mentally.

Playoffs would arguably be different because you are really limited in the amount of games. It is healthy to be able to put a bad game behind you though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5Htcvu548

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They did nothing wrong. Maybe they could convince you they 'cared' about losing if they killed themselves over it. Do you kill yourself after a bad day at work? I hope not.Do you not go out and have fun after work goes poorly? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Going into Thursday night they lost their last 3 by an average of 21 points. They are not having a bad night, they have just flat out quit. 

Thomas Sowell

Going into Thursday night they lost their last 3 by an average of 21 points. They are not having a bad night, they have just flat out quit.

Nah. I’d say it’s because they have a significant talent deficit. Plus, they should be tanking. Embrace the suck.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

• 3 weeks later...

Regular season's just about over. So here's my regular season awards.

MVP: James Harden

ROY: Ben Simmons

DPOY: Rudy Gobert

COY: Dwayne Casey

6MOY: Lou Williams

MIP: Victor Oladipo

First Team 

Harden

Westbrook

LeBron

Giannis

Davis

Second Team

DeRozan

Dame

Durant

Butler

Embiid

Third Team

Curry

Kyrie

Towns

Aldridge

Gobert

Defense First Team

Chris Paul

Ricky Rubio

Al Horford

Draymond Green

Rudy Gobert

Defense Second Team

Ben Simmons

Klay Thompson

Robert Covington

Anthony Davis

Joel Embiid

Kyrie should not be on an All NBA team. He is not a top 6 guard.

Yes he is. Best player on the second best team in the East. 24.4 ppg on .491 fg%, .541 2fg%, .408 3fg%, .889 ft%.

"Yes he is. Best player on the second best team in the East. 24.4 ppg on .491 fg%, .541 2fg%, .408 3fg%, .889 ft%."

No. He *might* be top 10. MIGHT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

2018-nba-bracket.jpg

WC

Rockets over Wolves

Jazz over Thunder

Blazers over Pelicans

Warriors over Spurs

Rockets over Jazz

Warriors over Blazers

Warriors over Rockets

EC

Raptors over Wizards

Cavs over Pacers

Sixers over Heat

Celtics over Bucks

Cavs over Raptors

Sixers over Celtics

Sixers over Cavs

The Finals

Golden State sweep the 76ers

• Like 1

The Sixers basically got the best draw imaginable.  They should have an easy time with a wily but, quite honestly, outmanned and outgunned Heat squad.  Then they play either the Bucks, which, on paper, should be an even easier series than against the Heat, or a DECIMATED Celtics squad.  The best part is that there's no way they have to play both the Raptors and the Cavs (the 2 strongest teams in the East), they only have to play one of them (at most).  I would say the Cavs are still the favorites in the East, but the cards have been laid out perfectly for an inexplicable Sixersmania run to The Finals.

In the West I still think the Dubs are going to the Finals (and repeating).  I think they've been sandbagging most of the season and have been saving lineups and schemes for (late in) the playoffs.  They have another gear they can go into.  That said, if there was ever a team specifically built to beat the Dubs, it's the Rockets.  Plus, The Beard has been on some next-level **** this season.  Everyone else in the West has no chance.  ZERO.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dang. That's analysis.

The Rockets are legit and are an offensive buzzsaw. But Golden State is just better. Obviously because of all the injuries, they only won 58 games. The Warriors are extremely vulnerable without Curry. With him in the lineup, they average over 120 points per 100 possessions -- which would have obliterated the NBA record. Without him, they are only above average. The trick is for the Dubs to survive the first round and a half without him.

Philly also needs to survive without Embiid. But once he returns, I think the Sixers have the best shot at taking down LeBron. And they can. Not sold on Toronto and the lack of star talent in Boston without top six guard, Kyrie Irving.

• Like 1

The Celtics are arguably the best coached team in the NBA but there is only so much you can do when you are missing both your best and second best player.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Day 1 of the playoffs:

Klay shot lights out, The Brow was beastly as ****, Ben Simmons continued his RotY ways, and T Dot found a way to win, like they have all season long. Basically, no surprises.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

LOL Cavs. I don't think anything would shock me with this team at this point.  I would be surprised, but not shocked if they lost in round 1.  I would be surprised, but not shocked if they won the title.  They've been so all over the place this entire season, you just never know what Cavs team will show up on any given night: the one that looks like they would beat anyone, or the one that looks like it belongs picking in the lottery.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hard to ever bet against a player that has made the finals for the last decade or so. If they miss this year, rather than harp on not making it, I hope people are able to reflect on what an amazing run Lebron has had.

Embiid cleared concussion protocol.  He won't be back for game 2, but there's a good chance he'll be available for game 3.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸