Hardwood and round holes 2K18

Leferd

Media started yesterday and Training Camp begins today.

Annual predictions with Vegas over/unders. 

Western Conference

1. Golden State 67.5 Over
2. Houston 55.5 Under
3. San Antonio 54.5 Under
4. OKC 51.5 Over
5. Minnesota 48.5 Under
6. Denver 45.5 Over
7. Utah 40.5 Over
8. LAC 43.5 Over
9. Portland 42.5 Over
10. New Orleans 39.5 Over
11. Memphis 37.5 Under
12. Dallas 35.5 Under
13. LAL 33.5 Over
14. Sacramento 28.5 Over
15. Phoenix 28.5 Under

It'll be a tight dogfight for the 6 through 8 seeds between Denver, Utah, LAC, Portland, and New Orleans.
Meanwhile, Golden State goes 74-8 on their way to their 4th straight Western Conference trophy

EC

1. Boston 56.5 Over
2. Cleveland 53.5 Under
3. Milwaukee 47.5 Over
4. Washington 47.5 Under
5. Miami 43.5 Over
6. Philadelphia 42.5 Over
7. Toronto 48.5 Under
8. Charlotte 42.5 Under
9. Detroit 38.5 Over
10. New York 30.5 Over
11. Orlando 33.5 Under
12. Brooklyn 28.5 Over
13. Indiana 31.5 Under
14. Atlanta 25.5 Under
15. Chicago 21.5 Over

The Process finally starts to show good dividendsin Phila. LeBron's Finals streak ends before he takes his talent to Hollywood (not literally).
Boston beats Milwaukee to take the East only to be swept by Golden State as the Warriors go 16-0 in the playoffs.

MVP - LeBron James
ROY - Lonzo Ball
COY - Michael Malone
DPOY - Draymond Green
6MOY - Andre Iguodala
MIP - Nikola Jokic

1st Team ALL NBA
G - Stephen Curry
G - Russ
F - LeBron James
F - Kevin Durant
C - Karl-Anthony Towns

2nd Team ALL NBA
G - Chris Paul
G - James Harden
F - Kawhi Leonard
F - Giannis
C - Rudy Gobert

3rd Team ALL NBA
G- John Wall
G- Damian Lillard
F- Paul George
F- Anthony Davis
C- Nikola Jokic

All Defense First Team
G- Patrick Beverley
G- Avery Bradley
F- Kawhi Leonard
F- Draymond Green
C- Rudy Gobert

All Defense 2nd Team
G- Danny Green
G- Ricky Rubio
F- Andre Iguodala
F- Giannis
C- DeAndre Jordan

ALL ROOKIE 1st Team
Lonzo Ball
Markelle Fultz
Milos Teodosic
Bojan Bogdanovic
Ben Simmons

ALL Rookie 2nd Team
Dennis Smith Jr.
Jayson Tatum
Josh Jackson
De'Aaron Fox
Lauri Markkanen

• Like 24

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I have nothing to add to the thread at the moment except to give an approving nod to the title.

EucIfYY.gif

Edit: Okay, I will add one other thing.  I think Malik Monk is going to have the biggest impact on his team of any of the rookies.  That dude's going to be special.  The Bobcats Hornets are going to make the playoffs, if only to lose in the first round.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This season is likely t be a long one for us. The Grizz are a season away from needing a full rebuild, but they don't seem to know that yet.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20793120/new-york-knicks-agree-trade-carmelo-anthony-oklahoma-city-thunder

Carmelo to OKC for Enes Kanter, Dougie McBuckets, and a 2018 2nd Rounder. It's only been four days since Kanter said OKC was family.

Of course, OKC will still be the fourth seed in the West with their three ISO heavy stars. Even money they'll be last in the league in passes per game.

L0L Boston  and Milwaukee over Cleveland Lebrons. L0L

Yet also lists Lebron winning MVP. Ha.

Cranky LeBron can't will 54 regular season lame duck wins with IT out till January. 

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

How do Russ and Melo coexist on the same team on the court at the same time?  Are they going to play with 2 basketballs?

The only question I have now is where is DWade going to land?

I'm thinking the Cavs since Thomas will miss the fist half of the season and Rose is competing with Wade (and winning) for the title of Mr Glass.

How do Russ and Melo coexist on the same team on the court at the same time?  Are they going to play with 2 basketballs?

Poor PG13

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

The only question I have now is where is DWade going to land?

I'm thinking the Cavs since Thomas will miss the fist half of the season and Rose is competing with Wade (and winning) for the title of Mr Glass.

How do Russ and Melo coexist on the same team on the court at the same time? Are they going to play with 2 basketballs?

Poor PG13

Looks like you called it. Wade's likely taking his talents to South Lake Erie.

• 3 weeks later...

And Nikola Mirotic had his face broken after it made contact with the misplaced fist of Bobby Portis.

Such spirit from a projected last place Bulls team.

The Grizz torched the Pelicans last week in pre-season. Tonight they get to do it for real. Hoping for a big Game from Dillon Brooks to get him some momentum to start the season. He's got an opportunity to be a star on this team.and might be a bigger deal than Ivan Rabb.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Man. Jeremy Lin is now also out for the season with a torn patellar tendon.

Not a very auspicious start in the Eastern Conference.

Edited by Leferd

The Grizz won big and even better Brooks scores 19 in his NBA debut. Nice!

Thomas Sowell

Justin Reed, former Celtic & Ole Miss star, has passed away at just 35. He was fighting blood cancer. Very sad news. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/former-celtic-passes-away-at-35-years-old/ar-AAtM5gE?ocid=spartanntp

Thomas Sowell

Grizzlies 111 Golden State 101

Never-heard-of-her-meme.jpg

Thomas Sowell

Warriors are playing like trash right now. Their defense stinks. They're still in pre-season form. The China trip really messed them up -- only able to hold two practices in ten days.

Fully expect Memphis to be blown out by 30 the next time they play each other.

It's pretty clear the dubs all spent the offseason partying, and can you blame them? They'll be fine, just give them a few weeks to shake the rust off.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Earl Watson's out of Phoenix 3 games in. Pretty remarkable considering no coaches were fired last season.

L0L They're 2-2 and people are already starting with the doom and gloom. Didn't they start 0-2 last season? LMAO

Overstate much? No one's glooming or dooming.

The Grizz have been a plesant surprise so far. I recorded the game vs Houston and watched the world series instead. I just watched the recording and they handled the rockets. 3-0 and only 79 to go.

Thomas Sowell

Giannis is a freaking MONSTER.  He might just become the best player in the NBA in about 3 years or so.

If I was building a team for the future, I'm not concerned about winning a championship this year, I'm concerned about winning multiple championships in a few years, and I had to pick one player to build around, I can't think of anyone better than Giannis.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Giannis is a freaking MONSTER.  He might just become the best player in the NBA in about 3 years or so.

If I was building a team for the future, I'm not concerned about winning a championship this year, I'm concerned about winning multiple championships in a few years, and I had to pick one player to build around, I can't think of anyone better than Giannis.

I'm not sure I disagree with you. Giannis is an uncanny talent mixed with freakish length and springiness. He's proving to be an elite scorer, with excellent handles, passing, and defense.  He's still developing a jumper, but so was Magic in his early years. Him and Anthony Davis are clearly the best players under 25. Karl-Anthony Towns is almost there, and maybe another year with Thibs will get his defense where it needs to be.

Keep an eye out for Ben Simmons. He's clearly behind Giannis, AD, and KAT, but the early returns are favorable. He's got the same skillset and body type as Giannis - though not as athletic or explosive.

Porzingis is a 7-3" unicorn, but he's getting abused by guys like Draymond Green. Embiid has the makings to be the best pure center since Shaq - with the comedic wit of an elite level class clown. If only he can stay on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...

Blueprint to beat the Warriors -- Drag the game into the mud and throw endless waves of long, lengthy wing players at them. And hope Steph has an off shooting night.

• Like 1