Adra Dragon down.....tougher fight then the Alpine Dragon?

There is no auto save in TC it's just one save when you transition on load screens have never had a lag issue. Just a load time issue when stash is full.

Ah, ok; thanks much! So there will be no conflict then, I assume.

By the way, how does full stash contribute to lag? It seems not so intuitive...

Edit: But then I don't know much about computers...

Edited by Lampros

There is no auto save in TC it's just one save when you transition on load screens have never had a lag issue. Just a load time issue when stash is full.

Ah, ok; thanks much! So there will be no conflict then, I assume.

By the way, how does full stash contribute to lag? It seems not so intuitive...

Edit: But then I don't know much about computers...

I am not sure my friend. But I know keeping it clear by stashing gear in Caed Nua really helps with load times.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Just a question about combining the TC mode with the disable auto-save option in the IE mod: What copy does the game "save" with auto-save disabled? Or is TC (or ironman mode) incompatible with the disable auto-save option in the IE mod?

I'd rather give up on the idea of trying the TC mode than giving up the disable auto-save, because letting that on makes the game lag horribly.

If I may let you in on a dirty little secret...

Trial of Iron is considered self imposed too. Although it only retains 1 save file, it doesn't manipulate that save file in an absolute manner.

Let me state a scenario - if a particular fight doesn't proceed the way you want, you can actually quit in the middle of the battle. Since the game can't save during encounters, the state isn't persisted and you still can retrieve the previous save state. Most likely during area transition.

Also I don't know if this was changed in updates, but you can actually copy and backup savefiles in the savefiles folder including ToI files. I don't know if the note is still around but there should be a file containing a message by Josh (I think) that discourages or frown upon ToI gamers who tries to "cheat" this way heh.

So take input from ToI runners, including myself, with a grain of salt. But I do believe Torm is legit though since I believe Torm derives enjoyment (maybe not enjoyment in the strictest of terms :p) even in the TC failure. For me, wiping in a ToI run just saps all the interest out of the playthrough. I will lose all motivation in continuing.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 2

Thank you good sir. I enjoy the defeat, gives me motivation. But yes although I have no proof my word is my oath. I would never quit if I was going to lose. I just don't have the patience and now how to record my play throughs. I relish defeat it tells the AI is somewhat decent (it cheats) and that I suck. I like the pain. I'm a paladin with monk tendencies

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

Just a question about combining the TC mode with the disable auto-save option in the IE mod: What copy does the game "save" with auto-save disabled? Or is TC (or ironman mode) incompatible with the disable auto-save option in the IE mod?

I'd rather give up on the idea of trying the TC mode than giving up the disable auto-save, because letting that on makes the game lag horribly.

If I may let you in on a dirty little secret...

Trial of Iron is considered self imposed too. Although it only retains 1 save file, it doesn't manipulate that save file in an absolute manner.

Let me state a scenario - if a particular fight doesn't proceed the way you want, you can actually quit in the middle of the battle. Since the game can't save during encounters, the state isn't persisted and you still can retrieve the previous save state. Most likely during area transition.

Also I don't know if this was changed in updates, but you can actually copy and backup savefiles in the savefiles folder including ToI files. I don't know if the note is still around but there should be a file containing a message by Josh (I think) that discourages or frown upon ToI gamers who tries to "cheat" this way heh.

So take input from ToI runners, including myself, with a grain of salt. But I do believe Torm is legit though since I believe Torm derives enjoyment (maybe not enjoyment in the strictest of terms :p) even in the TC failure. For me, wiping in a ToI run just saps all the interest out of the playthrough. I will lose all motivation in continuing.

Yes, I understand that you can "cheat" TC or Ironman modes. But I am going in thinking I won't do it even if I wipe - though one never knows until it actually occurs. But frankly I am not sure I will need to, if I play super-carefully and only bite off I can chew. In my current practice PotD run, I am not using any friendly fire-AoEs or mind controls, and I still only had 1 fight where people got knocked out (2 got knocked out when I went to get Cladhaliath for the first time ever, and I did not realize that traps and spiders would both spawn when I dropped down). But we shall see! ;)