What character do you plan on importing into Deadfire, part II

Before this update, I was dead set on playing a Ravager (monk barb) - unarmed and carnage! Make him a berserker, hit frenzy, and get Tekahu to put a few summoned minions between him and my party For a safety buffer.

But dude, the Fury subclass turned my world upside down. Shifting into storm elemental form?!?!?!? YES PLEASE. MORE OF THAT.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry for this 'necro', but I wish to ask a single relevant question.

Since PoE1 I wished to have a mixed Cipher/Rogue (but while I picked similar traits/feats the game didn't recognize my 'other' class), so If I import my character and as it turns back to level 1, I can make it become a new-type of PoE2 multiclass character? Do I understand this properly?

+1: If my previous character used a custom portrait, how will that be handled/imported to PoE2?

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

No need to apologise for necroing this thread. I was considering doing the same as I'm interested in seeing how peoples' experiences of the beta are influencing their thinking on this.

As to your question: yes, as far as I understand it you'll be given the opportunity to multiclass imported characters. 

As for custom portraits, I believe the portrait format for Deadfire is the same and you can already add custom portraits in the beta, so I'd assume that you'd simply need to add the appropriate images to your Deadfire directory and then pick your custom portrait when you import. Who knows, Obsidian might even include a portrait importer with the character importer so you don't even have to do that.

You can switch to a completely different class. You can even alter the race if you wish (current state).

I also don't know if your custom portrait will be imported automatically, but you can at least add the same portrait into the Deadfire's portrait folder since they use the same picture format again. Only thing you will lack is a watercolor-portrait for the dialogue screen. There is a Photoshop tutorial made by an OBS artist that shows how to create a watercolor portrait from your custom portrait though.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So the game won't recognize the previous location of the image then, or copy it into its own folder? Good to know, a pity though.

My main char from PoE1 is a female orlan, ex-slave from Deadfire archipelago (either a rogue with cipher stuff, or the other way around, I forgot) so I look forward to know how that will affect her dialogues/quests. My other is a pale elven aristocratic lord from The White that Wends.

I consider making a full proper pirate (Raider) now to play one more time through PoE1 with it before moving on to PoE2.

IB1OsQq.png

Well, since the thread is going again.....I'm very curious to see how well a classic battlemage type build will work. I love, love, love, this archtype, but in many games they come out feeling very underwhelming to me so we'll see. I'm thinking Black Jacket / Wizard since defensive spells can make up for the lack of Constant Recovery I'd guess. I'm sorta just waiting to see how all the classes work to. If it is similar to PoE1 in that most classes's low level spells stay very useful, then I'm excited for this.

I like the idea of a fighter/rogue as well. I feel like we could create a fairly tanky guy with utterly insane melee dps.

In the current beta spellswords work pretty well. Wizard self buffs are (mostly) very fast cast and their only scaling is with duration hence they're not that much weaker on a multiclassed wizard. Works well with a melee class.

I'm currently thinking of playing through Pillars with a tanky Paladin who'll be my main tank in Deadfire. I have a few other ideas too, though it depends on how the beta pans out.

• Like 1

Haven't decided yet...

Right now I'm trying to finish the game solo potd with my evil, max endurance dwarf barbarian, the idea is to help Woedica.

Still I'm trying to beat every challenge in the game, but Brynlod and Alpine Dragon are still unbeaten.

Overall I feel barbarian is underperforming in comparison with wizard or rogue, it's fun with many trash mobs, but lacking single target dps and survivability...

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Yeah, but Brynlod is especially tough with a barb.

If you didn't do it already: try Ring of Searing Flames + Heart of Fury. It's a huge difference.

If you want to hit the bosses better it's actually better to attack an adjacent enemy - because Carnage is getting +1 ACC per level it has +11 accuracy compared to your initial attack at lvl 16 (if you also took Accurate Carnage, else only +6).

Do you have Heart of Fury? That plus Dragon Leap and dual wielding will do huge damage to big groups of enemies if positioned correctly, and I believe Kaylon has a video showing him soloing the Alpine Dragon that way (he definitely solos Magran's Faithful that way).

Yes :)

Still I don't have everything I need from WM II, but most of it,

the thing is Apline is hitting very hard, like 200 per second, and I have around 600 starting endurance pool, still I havn't spent much time there... probably it's a matter of lucky HoF crit procs, but I'm not fond of such rng, that's why moving barb to lower tier than wizard and rogue...

Rogue is too casual, just pure dps, godly poe I wizard is useless in Deadfire... I'll finish the game with barb and then I'd like to try out monk, kinda liked Helwalker in Deadfire.

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Yeah, but Brynlod is especially tough with a barb.

If you didn't do it already: try Ring of Searing Flames + Heart of Fury. It's a huge difference.

If you want to hit the bosses better it's actually better to attack an adjacent enemy - because Carnage is getting +1 ACC per level it has +11 accuracy compared to your initial attack at lvl 16 (if you also took Accurate Carnage, else only +6).

Can't see how Combusting Wounds make the difference there, but I'll try this method :)

My main problem with Brynlod is due lack of damage, they just heal up and my HoF damage is not enough even if I manage to stick them all together for multiply carnage damage.

Still I've made only several tries, just to feel the wall...

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Because you generate tons of hits with Heart of Fury (especially when dual wielding) - so if your Combusting Wounds spell hit 5 enemies and you hit those 5 with Heart of Fury you will generate 50 hits (10 on each enemy). With 6 enemies it's 72 hits (12 on each) and so on. That means 10 or 12 instances of Combusting Wounds on every enemy. Combusting Wounds can do around 30 damage with decent MIG and INT. 10*30 would be +300 burn damage per enemy. 

It can make a huge difference. Not so much on dragons (most of them have too much burn DR which eats a lot of the CW damage) but with bounties it's rather great.

You also have to maximize the damage per hit with Heart of Fury and Vengeful Defeat (+ second chance item). Something like dual Bittercut + Apprentice's Sneak + Savage Attack + One Stands Alone + Blooded + Spirit of Decay + Corrosive Lash + Vulnerable Attack + Merciless Hand + Devil in the Blood Pool + Dungeon Delver and whatnot. If you also use Bloodlust and Blood Thirst you can follow up with Barbaric Blow in order to kill any survivors.

If you look at Kaylon's video where he annihilates Magran's Faithful with HoF+Vengeful Defeat you can see the "magic" of Combusting Wounds.

I tried an ultimate run with such a barb (also max endurance like you) as Fire Godlike and got killed by the Battle-Forged+Second Whind bug, but besides that it could have been successful I guess. 

Edited by Boeroer

Because you generate tons of hits with Heart of Fury (especially when dual wielding) - so if your Combusting Wounds spell hit 5 enemies and you hit those 5 with Heart of Fury you will generate 50 hits (10 on each enemy). With 6 enemies it's 72 hits (12 on each) and so on. That means 10 or 12 instances of Combusting Wounds on every enemy. Combusting Wounds can do around 30 damage with decent MIG and INT. 10*30 would be +300 burn damage per enemy. 

It can make a huge difference. Not so much on dragons (most of them have too much burn DR which eats a lot of the CW damage) but with bounties it's rather great.

You also have to maximize the damage per hit with Heart of Fury and Vengeful Defeat (+ second chance item). Something like dual Bittercut + Apprentice's Sneak + Savage Attack + One Stands Alone + Blooded + Spirit of Decay + Corrosive Lash + Vulnerable Attack + Merciless Hand + Devil in the Blood Pool + Dungeon Delver and whatnot. If you also use Bloodlust and Blood Thirst you can follow up with Barbaric Blow in order to kill any survivors.

If you look at Kaylon's video where he annihilates Magran's Faithful with HoF+Vengeful Defeat you can see the "magic" of Combusting Wounds.

I tried an ultimate run with such a barb (also max endurance like you) as Fire Godlike and got killed by the Battle-Forged+Second Whind bug, but besides that it could have been successful I guess. 

Magran's Faithful encounter was pretty easy I came there already at lvl 16 :), for sure Sunlance do ton of damage, but that can be neglected kiting and restoring endurance.

I'm sure it's doable solo potd with barbarian, but it's much easier using stronger classes like wizard or rogue.

Always wanted to do it with a fighter though... But it's even frustrating to think about how long will it take...

I understand it's the matter of burst damage, high toughness guys are not the best choice for solo runs, but I always wanted to try... so I'm at this point :)

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam