So I am being greedy on load times?

Hey guys I am not placing this in the bug section cause there isn't one...its just the game.  In my current run I am at the Abbey of the Fallen Moon. So pretty deep in and my load times are getting longer...I am timing them from 10 to 15 seconds.  I run a top end machine now and even on my old machine I had this issues with POE (Both machines had SSDs).  I am just finding 10 to 15 sec to be slow...Is there anything I can do to speed it up a bit?

Have gun will travel.

There is not so much you can do about it, specifically use an SSD with good read speed. Preferably NVMe one.

Also it was noticed that the following also does help a little:

- sell most of your stash junk.

- move majority of your (unused) saves to another location.

• Like 1

Now that I've finished the book I've been reading during load times, I checked and it actually takes 90 secs. But the transitions between areas take much less.

Wow, you are committed. I honestly never experienced this. I can tell its a little slow for me but this is crazy

Edited by draego

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great game but this is one thing that's driven me nuts, even just when going in and out of a building, it should not need such a long pause, it really takes away from the game.  Oh well!

Impossible to disagree with this. It's by far the most frustrating part of the game, at least for me. Even with an SSD, it easily takes 15-20 seconds on area transitions (like just out of small house to the area you were in previously). This is *the* area of the game I want improved for Pillars of Eternity II. And I'm actually worried that there has been barely any word about it so far. Is this much better in the beta?