So you guys know I play TC so I cant see what the developers say about the response options.  This is the second time I do a TC with a Darcozzi and I get one Stoic Point! I got it at level 16 talking to the leader of the Iron Flail....I avoid all Shrug/don't care options and still end up with 1 ARRRGGGG lol. SECOND TIME!  I have 4 Clever, Passionate, Honest and Benvolent and 1 Stoic!  That's what I get for trying to talk it out...I just think its good RP with a Darcozzi to talk it out even though Aggressive isn't looked down upon...some of those attack options are cruel and that is bad for a Darcozzi.  On top of if your order is known for "its love of life" I am assuming most of the time you would try and talk it out before you fight. Maybe avoid death if possible lol.

That being said its only a -1 to saves...I am not going to respec and get untroubled faith for a +1 to all defenses save deflection (which stays the same).  my last level 16 skill went into Snakes Reflexes which is a much better investment imo.  Its just frustrating lol

Have gun will travel.

So you guys know I play TC

I am playing TC

I am currently in a TC run

I only play Triple Crown

Just play Triple Crown

TC for life!

Sorry for your luck paladin fanboy mate, but you asked for it!

:p

Part of what I love about the Paladin is that strict adherence to a code.

P.S. If INT didn't change aoe of everything I'd enjoy TC more; heck I could paint on the monitor the aoe of a baldur's gate fireball compared to skull trap with pixel accuracy after all these years but those things had the decency of always occupy the same area.

• Like 2

So you guys know I play TC

I am playing TC

I am currently in a TC run

I only play Triple Crown

Just play Triple Crown

TC for life!

Sorry for your luck paladin fanboy mate, but you asked for it!

:p

Part of what I love about the Paladin is that strict adherence to a code.

P.S. If INT didn't change aoe of everything I'd enjoy TC more; heck I could paint on the monitor the aoe of a baldur's gate fireball compared to skull trap with pixel accuracy after all these years but those things had the decency of always occupy the same area.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Dude I love the flame.  I say that a LOT in the builds forum not cause I am trying to brag (in fact its insanely stupid) But because I am trying to QUALIFY the build to show that the evidence I have for a build is on the toughest level. 

Except that one thread (TC FOR LIFE LOL!) I was stating that I love TC.  For me its an Role play thing.  It makes the world feel more dangerous.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I am fairly certain that any additional AoE you get from Intellect is Foe only AoE (i.e. the extra AoE won't hit your allies), hence you only have to learn the base AoEs for each spell well enough to avoid any risk of friendly fire.

• Like 2

I am fairly certain that any additional AoE you get from Intellect is Foe only AoE (i.e. the extra AoE won't hit your allies), hence you only have to learn the base AoEs for each spell well enough to avoid any risk of friendly fire.

Or have a frontline that shrugs off friendly fire.  That's how I deal with it.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

A combination of the two is probably wisest.

So if you play Expert mode, then you basically only use Foe-only AoEs? ;)

No, you just have to be a little more cautious in your AoE placing.

Also unless I am wrong about Intellect AoE being Foe only (and I am fairly certain I'm not), higher Intellect characters actually have an easier time placing AoE spells without doing friendly fire.

• Like 2

Also unless I am wrong about Intellect AoE being Foe only (and I am fairly certain I'm not), higher Intellect characters actually have an easier time placing AoE spells without doing friendly fire.

On point.  I like high INT on a lot of builds but espectially in that mode.  I can place the AOE farther away from friendlies and still not affect friendlies.  No need to check my Final Attack Headings!

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 2

Have gun will travel.

I am confused. What are "Intellect AoE"?

I think what it means is:

For spells with Friendly Fire, Int will only increase the area of the foe only segment. Usually its the outer circumference. The Friendly Fire portion will not increase.

It will be more evident in spells with huge AoE like Storm of Holy Fire.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

I just mean the additional AoE you get from having an Intellect higher than 10. For example with Intellect 10 a Fireball has a blast radius of 2.5m, so everyone within 2.5m of the target will be hit by it. If you have Intellect 20 the blast radius goes up by 60% to 4m* so it hits all enemies within 4m, however allies are still only hit if they are within 2.5m. That outer 1.5m radius is what I'm referring to when I said "Intellect AoE".

Note that if you're not playing on expert mode and you use an AoE spell like Fireball then you'll see a template representing it's AoE, and (unless your Intellect is 10 or below) that template will be two colours. The outer colour represents the additional AoE gained from Intellect.

*As a side note, the actual area of effect increases from 19.6m2 to 50.3m2, an increase of 156%, not 60%.

• Like 2

I think what it means is:

For spells with Friendly Fire, Int will only increase the area of the FoE only segment. Usually its the outer circumference. The Friendly Fire portion will not increase.

It will be more evident in spells with huge AoE like Storm of Holy Fire.

Ah, ok. So Intelligence increase the AoE radius, but that that increase in AoE radius only affects foes?

• Like 2

Note that if you're not playing on expert mode and you use an AoE spell like Fireball then you'll see a template representing it's AoE, and (unless your Intellect is 10 or below) that template will be two colours. The outer colour represents the additional AoE gained from Intellect.

*As a side note, the actual area of effect increases from 19.6m2 to 50.3m2, an increase of 156%, not 60%.

Ah, ok. Mosspit already explained my specific puzzle, but this additional info from you is also very helpful. I kept seeing two circles regarding not just AoE spells but on stuff like Chanter Phrases and Paladin auras, and I assume the second circle is what my Intellect added? Thanks!

• Like 1

Ah, ok. Mosspit already explained my specific puzzle, but this additional info from you is also very helpful. I kept seeing two circles regarding not just AoE spells but on stuff like Chanter Phrases and Paladin auras, and I assume the second circle is what my Intellect added? Thanks!

That's exactly it, although for non-damaging spells there's no difference between the two circles.

• Like 1

I'm in a deep love-hate relationship with most NPCs and have absolutely no issues with burning Eder's ass with Fan of Flames all day long.

You're right about how INT affects aoes, and mechanically-wise TC is not that bad, it just irks my perfectionist battle mindset not knowing exactly the effects of my casts. I'll probably change idea in a few playthroughts, but I'm in the middle of some abilities editings (aoes included) and expert mode would be a hinderance for testing :)

Death to TC! But Paladin ftw.

Edited by AlexKidd
  • Like 1

Ok so back on topic man! lmao kidding this ONE Stoic point is BS.  I think maybe in a TC in POE2 for Paladins who are dependant on disposition you should get some hint.  I have done nothing that I find Stoic.  Like not even close.  That means its developer opinion vs mine.  If a Paladin doesn't think hes being Stoic then he damn well isn't!  Unless its blatantly obvious.  I mean it took me until the end of the game to get that one point so I obviously picked three times..dammit!  Well I will say I was in the military and my branch had "favored dispositions" as well and I followed them but I was not always perfect.  Same goes with my guy :p that's my RP dammit!

PS

Funny enough my last TC win was with a Darcozzi and he had 1 stoic point lmao

Have gun will travel.

Heh, sorry about the tangent.

I agree that a lot of the time the text of a dialogue option doesn't match it's supposed disposition. Benevolent and Cruel tend to be fairly clear, but things like Clever, Rational and Stoic are often a little bizarre.

Personally, if they have a similar system in Deadfire (and I quite like the system so I hope they do) I'd like to see every disposition paired off with an opposite and have each one be a scale. That way rather than having a character who's Honest 4 and Deceitful 1, you'd simply have a character who's Honest 3, and that would also give Paladins and Priests a bit more leeway and the ability to make up for past mistakes.

• Like 1

No need to apologize my friend.  You guys are of course free to take the topic where you want! Especially on a rant like mine lmao.  I am just glad I have a great community to talk about my favorite game with.  That way my girlfriend doesn't here so much about it :).  I love the talk my job is BORING so this helps!

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

@Torm51: hows your rng loot this time round? I don't think I gotten gloves of manipulation in a long while lol. This run I got tons of useless cape and rings of deflection. Only worthwhile thing is probably a gloves of swift action from Durgan Battery area.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

It'd help if you remembered your conversation with him; does this ring a bell? <ID>132</ID>

<DefaultText>"If we fight, you die here. What good are you to Readceras then?"</DefaultText>

Rational/Stoic is indeed a bit mixed up.

Which one is the stoic option?  If I could all the options again I would likely remember.  I am curious now lol

Have gun will travel.

@Torm51: hows your rng loot this time round? I don't think I gotten gloves of manipulation in a long while lol. This run I got tons of useless cape and rings of deflection. Only worthwhile thing is probably a gloves of swift action from Durgan Battery area.

Terrible as usual my friend.  The only good RNG I got was getting Cloak of Comfort from the Stronghold quest early.  I have not looted anything good of note from the RNG spots :(

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I was kinda lucky with Stronghold events though. My first quest gave me the wax maker at just 13 Prestige. I didn't realize it was possible :p

But it will be moot if I failed like I did the previous run heh

Edit: wait it was my 2nd quest, first quest was Blind Man's Venom

Edited by mosspit