Also, here is your proof. It's an IT/IT dictionary, but the second entry is pretty universal, methinks http://dizionari.repubblica.it/Italiano/F/fessa.php

"Fessa" is a semi-old-fashioned word for, well, p*ssy, but it's still used today in many southern italian dialects. And, since the diminutive in italian is formed by noun + ino/ina depending from gender, well. There you have it.

Also, in the current spoken language, the masculine form "Fesso" still holds the meaning of "imbecile", which is not a super good thing either. 

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 4

Those aren't Bonteru and Radora! They've been cancelled: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/913809471830343680

these sidekicks are, in order from the first tweet: konstanten, ydwin, rekke, and fessina. bonteru and radora are dust in the wind. #rip

Potatoe, potato  :-

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Those aren't Bonteru and Radora! They've been cancelled: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/913809471830343680

these sidekicks are, in order from the first tweet: konstanten, ydwin, rekke, and fessina. bonteru and radora are dust in the wind. #rip

Well fug.  At least this Konstanten dude still looks like a dwarf.  Makes me wonder if Rekke's backstory isn't far different, cause that image doesn't make me think "guy who washed up on shore and speaks in tongues".

So Humans and Aumaua pretty well represented already, Orlans aren't horrid either, and we already have two godlikes as companions.  So to me the answer is obvious, it should be Bronteru, and (oh god no) Ydwin.  As we have no dwarf companion at all in Deadfire so far, and the only Elf in either game has been Aloth.  They are the only two racial groups that only have one companion to them.

In addition to this, we've never had a Pale Elf or Mountain Dwarf companion, whereas all other race variants (other than all the Godlikes) have been represented.

• Like 2

They have already stated the sidekicks will be about equal in content/character stuff to a BG1 character, or one of the less verbose BG2 characters.

BG1 characters barely had any content at all.  I'm pretty sure Josh said they would be equivalent to Mazzy or Minsc.  Both characters had content, but it wouldn't that substantial.

Even the PoE companions didn't have much to them beyond a single, very simple quest and a small number of dialog options. TBH, I'm expecting a lot more depth to Deadfire's companions. If they end up being just as shallow as PoE's, with the sidekicks being little more than BG1-style mostly-nothing characters, I'm gonna be disappointed.

i think you guys are interpreting too much into 'full' companion. They won't be deeper than the sidekicks IMO. It's just romance banter and personal quests. This isn't Dragon age after all, it's a different game style.

i think you guys are interpreting too much into 'full' companion. They won't be deeper than the sidekicks IMO. It's just romance banter and personal quests. This isn't Dragon age after all, it's a different game style.

Yeah that's a good point. People on here like to get a bit too excited, hoping for the greatest game that ever was and all that.

nowt

People may or may not be expecting too much from companions in the game, but your opinion seems to be overlooking quite a bit here as well.

First, there's the update that details some of the goals for companions and how they plan to have their relationships with the Watcher and each other develop for Deadfire: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=263.

Second, there's the Q&As, which emphasize the greater amount of time invested into companions and deliberately draw a distinction between them to preemptively manage expectations for sidekicks in comparison to companions (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124031593?t=29m20s).

Third, the devs also outright state that they intend to make the companions "a lot deeper than they were in Pillars 1" (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120695299?t=57m19s) and that companion relations are a "big focus" for the game (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158677319?t=31m07s); they also mention companion relationship quests being present in addition to arc quests (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122368156?t=48m48s) and that they're considering arc talents for companions (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120695299?t=47m34s).

Even if this doesn't amount to anything unprecedented or revolutionary, and I agree that it probably won't, what they've described here actually sounds similar (for better or worse) to the way companions were handled in DAO minus the latter's gift system.

• Like 1

@blotter, thanks for the info, didn't know about that.

Can't say i'm looking forward to click through loads of dialogues just to get deeper into the personal issues of a char and eventually get to expeirence a personal quest. Hell, in BG2, you just stick with your guys and get their quests. I can already see it: in Deadfire i'm running on the ship between the comapnions after level-up clicking through masses of dialogues a la Kotor and after half an hour i have advanced into their personal story and am oh so lucky going through any topic from A-Z with them. I guess they want to get even more DA fans onboard.

Can't say i'm looking forward to click through loads of dialogues just to get deeper into the personal issues of a char and eventually get to expeirence a personal quest. Hell, in BG2, you just stick with your guys and get their quests. I can already see it: in Deadfire i'm running on the ship between the comapnions after level-up clicking through masses of dialogues a la Kotor and after half an hour i have advanced into their personal story and am oh so lucky going through any topic from A-Z with them. I guess they want to get even more DA fans onboard.

It wasn’t my impression that they are going fo it. Rather than endless backstory and conversation, Josh talked how your actions in the game will influence companions. If you are a religious fanatic or are needlessly cruel to animals Eder will start having issues with it and after a while when he gets annoyed enough, or you do something too outrageous with you he will confront you. What I hope for is a system which will make your relationship with your companions different depending on a character you’re playing and won’t allow you easily “game” the characters. In Dragon Age:O your could be best buddies with everyone because:

1) ability to feed them gifts

2) more importantly they all lived in a bubble. You would talk to Morigan, she would constantly talk about “power” and you would act accordingly. Then you would go to Leliana and be super romantic and then you would go to Alistair and be kind, understanding and seemed like you played mini game with each character (guess what I like!) rather than have them responding to your character. There weren’t a single confrontation in the game between companions in which you had to take sides. Already KOTOR2 did it better as I found it difficult to make everyone happy. Hopefully, Deadfire will bring it to another level. The basic system discriptions sounds promising, I am curious to see how it will turn out.

• Like 1

The system as explained by Josh isn't about getting more dialogues, but about getting more reactivity between party members (player included) based on their actions.

In fact, it sound like a more personalized version of BG1 enmity between certain companions and/or your party reputation causing companions to leave (or attack you). In POE2, instead of having the evil party members hate the good party members (and vice-versa) and leave/attack if your reputation gets too high/low, the actions/decisions taken will inform the party members if they like you (and each others) or not over time.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

thanks for your replies. That sounds better than the Bioware concept of their later games.I‘m not sure though that Obsidian‘s effort in writing more reactivity amongst chars is worth it though. When i explore or fight and move my chars around i don‘t really care much how my char is perceived or what the chars think of each other. Or in other words i shouldn‘t care about that. While i understand that chars are living beings and not robots, i‘m not sure if i‘d like my decisions depend on how other chars think about that or at worst even leave the party for good. I would have preferred they wrote all joinable chars BG2-Jaheira-style. She gets cursed by Ployer, i decide to help and we‘re all happy since we helped a comrade and also had a quest with xp and loot.