I think one item that has been sorta confirmed to make a return in Deadfire is Concelhaut's skull. From what I recall from Josh's Q&A is that he mentioned Deadfire would expand a bit more on Concelhaut's fate and would involve the skull a little more into the world/setting/plot should you still possess it. But I might be misremembering.

Ooooooooh, i wonder if maybe we can force him to teach us to become a Lich ourselves!

Liches are fricking awesome (my biggest disappointment with the encounter with Concelhaut in PoE 1 was the fact that we couldn't learn his secrets for ourselves or becoming his apprentice or something, you know?)

That could certainly be cool but I wouldn't get my hopes up. In another Q&A Josh was asked about the possibility of a vithrack companion and he said the challenge there had to do with how fundamentally different vithracks and non-kith creature models were to the playable races (can't recally the exact terms he used, but basically they'd have to redesign every armour and object to suit that specific race or character and it would basically mean a lot of work). A lich is pretty humanoid I guess but I'm not sure how much from an animation/modelling perspective. On top of that, it's hard not to imagine a conversation which wouldn't in some way react to the player being a lich, so in terms of writing, checks and reactivity such an option would mean *work*.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Larder Door!

Only if Obsidian fix bashing so that the Larder Door isn't objectively worse than a normal large shield.

Technically there's no reason why a door wouldn't be worse than a normal shield.

I used a (legendary) door all the way through PoE1. I'd love to take it through PoE2 as well. Don't care how bad it is. It's a frickin' door, what do you expect?

Larder Door!

Only if Obsidian fix bashing so that the Larder Door isn't objectively worse than a normal large shield.

Technically there's no reason why a door wouldn't be worse than a normal shield.

Well, besides the physical aspect of a door not usually meant to withstand weapon blows, unless you're talking about things a few inches thick. Would work as a makeshift option if you had no other option. It's there as a silly option because it's a freaking door.

Edited by smjjames

I used a (legendary) door all the way through PoE1. I'd love to take it through PoE2 as well. Don't care how bad it is. It's a frickin' door, what do you expect?

Heh, to be honest even if it remains bad I don't mind it returning. I'm just hoping Obsidian do something with Bash to make it worthwhile sometimes.