Apparently all our items from PoE will be sold in order to buy the ship in Deadfire. But IIRC we may come across some of those items while playing through the sequel. 

So what would be your top 5 items from the first game that you'd like to see return?

Mine are Tidefall, White Crest Armour, Shod-in-Faith, Abydon's Hammer and The Disappointer Pistol(hopefully with a quest attached, love this weapon).

I'd like to see Binding Rope, Bittercut, Pretty Pretty's Rib, Spelltongue, The Golden Scales, Twin Sting, and Vengetta Rugia turn up in Deadfire. I found Cladhalíath to be pretty underwhelming and reloaded my game after building it once out of curiosity, but for those who actually stuck with the decision to have their Watcher tear off a bit of their soul and bundle it up within the weapon, having it just disappear is a bit unfortunate.

The only items that must return are Frost Darts.  Again and again. 

Could be tricky. They appear to not exist...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pillars+of+eternity+frost+darts

Hopefully for those creating a new game, some default items determined by Obsidian make it in.

They existed but melted away before the Watcher could ever run across them.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Personally I'd like to see Abydon's Hammer making a return, and possibly being noticed by some if you wield it. I always find it a little disappointing where in these games you carry something that is legendary and which should impress others, yet seems to go completely unnoticed and unmentioned by just about everyone - at least a blacksmith ought to have mentioned it.

• Like 5

I'd like to see Binding Rope, Bittercut, Pretty Pretty's Rib, Spelltongue, The Golden Scales, Twin Sting, and Vengetta Rugia turn up in Deadfire. I found Cladhalíath to be pretty underwhelming and reloaded my game after building it once out of curiosity, but for those who actually stuck with the decision to have their Watcher tear off a bit of their soul and bundle it up within the weapon, having it just disappear is a bit unfortunate.

Seems like Watcher soul might be disappearing as well, so it's only fitting;-)

• Like 1

Some items popping back up would be neat, but I actually don't want a ton of things showing up again.  Many of the items from Eternity 1 are backer items, and we already need a new slew of those in Eternity 2.  Bear in mind your base gets stomped on by Eothas, many of your relics will be outright destroyed or drained of essence.

• Like 1

Yep. The only right answer is the Disappointer. And it had better still be terrible.

Aww.... Pretty sure i had enchanted my Pirate's Disappointed to Legendary Status  8)

Was it a legendary disappointment? 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

That was probably the Worst pun I've ever read.  :getlost:

Anyway, back on topic: The weapons I want to see ingame are The Unlabored Blade and the Gyrd Háewanes Sténes mainly because those are my favorite of the Soulbound Weapons and I play a mage

Edited by BlackRangerXIII
  • Like 1

Yep. The only right answer is the Disappointer. And it had better still be terrible.

Aww.... Pretty sure i had enchanted my Pirate's Disappointed to Legendary Status  8)

Was it a legendary disappointment? 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

That was probably the Worst pun I've ever read.  :getlost:

Sorry, I didn't mean to dissapoint.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 3

The only items that must return are Frost Darts.  Again and again. 

Could be tricky. They appear to not exist...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pillars+of+eternity+frost+darts

Hopefully for those creating a new game, some default items determined by Obsidian make it in.

They existed but melted away before the Watcher could ever run across them.

I guess I'll ruin the joke by explaining:

Icewind Dale 2 had random loot drops.  The tables governing such were a little wonky at release, though, and Returning Frost Darts tended to come up just a little bit more often than expected.  IIRC, the patch addressed this, but that didn't stop Returning Frost Dart jokes from being all the rage on the BIS forum in late 2002. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

So the Maegfolc Skull is both a powerful artifact, something that looks really cool, and reference a neat part of Eora lore.

I would put the Blood Testament, an item used by my martial master monk who tries to builds max wounds, throw up lighting strikes, and ends up dealing crush, fire, shock, and raw damage with every blow but I imagine other monk specific items will exist in the Deadfire.

I think it would be cool if Edér was still wearing his Saint's War Armor at the beginning of the game.

I would love to come across one or two items from our old, non-returning companions. Maybe finding Durance's Robe for sale by a merchant in a port town. How did he come to own it?  Or Kana's turban is being worn by a village elder who offers it to you in exchange for a small favor.

I think a lot of the returning items shouldn't just be found in a chest. For example Shod-In-Faith should be worn by a priestess of Berath who has made a pilgrimage to visit a holy site of Berath in the Deadfire. If you help her complete this pilgrimage then you are gifted the Shod-In-Faith as she no longer has a need for them. 

Other items I wouldn't mind seeing are some of my personal favorites, like the Rotfingers, Stormcaller, Little Savior, Sanguine Plate, Glittering Gauntlets, Coat of Ill Payment (one of the best looking armors in the game), Scâth Gwannek, and Tidefall to name a few.

I think one item that has been sorta confirmed to make a return in Deadfire is Concelhaut's skull. From what I recall from Josh's Q&A is that he mentioned Deadfire would expand a bit more on Concelhaut's fate and would involve the skull a little more into the world/setting/plot should you still possess it. But I might be misremembering.

• Like 1

Well, any item that comes from PoE1 is going to have new assets for it, so, returning items will be pretty limited in number.

I think one item that has been sorta confirmed to make a return in Deadfire is Concelhaut's skull. From what I recall from Josh's Q&A is that he mentioned Deadfire would expand a bit more on Concelhaut's fate and would involve the skull a little more into the world/setting/plot should you still possess it. But I might be misremembering.

I remember something about how your interaction with Llengrath (whether you keep the skull or not and whether you kill him (her? not sure the current Llengraths gender) or not) plays out would have an affect on things in Deadfire.

Ooooooooh, i wonder if maybe we can force him to teach us to become a Lich ourselves!

Liches are fricking awesome (my biggest disappointment with the encounter with Concelhaut in PoE 1 was the fact that we couldn't learn his secrets for ourselves or becoming his apprentice or something, you know?)

• Like 1