Trying to reset the adventure completion without resetting the whole thing

Haekalizer

Question

Hello, new user here.

So I've been playing this for the first time and completed it with a very ugly build of each character. I'm using Sajan, Lem, Kyra, and Merisiel with a godforbid build and I want to start fresh. Here's the question:

If I delete all the (used) character, will it also resets the adventure completion? Since we all know that even if we make a new save game with different characters, only a play in legendary difficulty will count.

Any advice?

6 answers to this question

I am afraid you are stuck with adventure completion for the rewards (only Legendary scenarios will give you gold from now on). But if you talk just about character completion - you may start a new adventure with completely new party, even on Normal, and the characters will get their scenario & adventure completion rewards as usuall. That way you may rebuild any character (by playing 3+6*5 = 33 scenarios) to your liking.

• Like 1

I am afraid you are stuck with adventure completion for the rewards (only Legendary scenarios will give you gold from now on). But if you talk just about character completion - you may start a new adventure with completely new party, even on Normal, and the characters will get their scenario & adventure completion rewards as usuall. That way you may rebuild any character (by playing 3+6*5 = 33 scenarios) to your liking.

But how about the loot cards? Can I still get them?

Then it is best to start new Group and delete the old croup. The new croups does get new loot rewards. If you don't want to reserve the old stuff.

delete the old group as in 'delete the old characters'? then if the new groups are still going to get the loot card, is it possible that the whole adventure completion resets itself and I can still play normal diff. and get the golds?

Maybe it was summarized elsewhere much better, but I will try to clarify things to you if I am able ;).

First off, some definitions to understand each other. You play the application, in which you start a new game. This new game (party, instance of an adventure path) can contain 1-6 heroes. You may exchange any number of characters in the party / game / instance.

Whenever you finish a scenario (e.g. Brigandoom), you will achieve:

• 'app completion' for that difficulty (to signify that you already completed the scenario at least once) - once gained, you will never ever ever gain gold coins for the completion of that scenario at that difficulty unless it is Legendary. This is account specific. So one play on Normal and any subsequent replays on Normal, even with another party (game), will yield you 0 gold.
  • 'game completion' for that difficulty - that is to say that your heroes in this instance of adventure path finished this scenario. This is also to check if you can play higher difficulties in this game (instance). And also to unlock the scenario right above the current one.
  • 'hero completion' for each hero in that party that is still alive at its end - thus each hero gains an OK mark in its completion tab and receives Scenario rewards such as some boons, powers, skills, card feats. No hero completion reward can be gained more than once by any character. This is fully according to RPG flavour and tabletop rules.

All these completions behave independently, so you can finish a scenario with one dead character and continue playing. Once any of your heroes has a full hero completion in an adventure, he/she/it (for goblins) gains Adventure reward. If it also was Game completion of the Legendary difficulty and you have completed all scenarios in that adventure on Legendary, you will obtain Card Reward for that adventure (Samisen for adventure B). This card will be 'unlocked' and become a part of your Collection to be encountered later.

Now, the question about Loot is complex. Loot is a special type of boon that cannot be encountered during the play, but is awarded as Scenario reward. However, I do not know if the game checks Scenario completion (less probable) or Hero completion for all/most characters in your party (much more probable). There was some talk about the possibility of 'gaming' the application to obtain e.g. Sihedron amulets for all characters and multiple times. It might be that all your characters must be 'new' (no Hero completion of this scenario) or even one of them. I really don't know, sorry. :)

If you want to be absolutely, completely and undisputedly sure that you can obtain loot, you might delete the current party (after e.g. removing any characters from it to avoid any possible bugs) and start a completely new game / instance.

You may have more than one game / instance at the same time, but they must not share characters. So I retain one game with full Legendary game completion in all adventures and have a second one to 'level up' another group of characters.

Edited by Jenceslav
  • Like 1

Nice writeup Jenceslav! :)

However, I do not know if the game checks Scenario completion (less probable) or Hero completion for all/most characters in your party (much more probable). There was some talk about the possibility of 'gaming' the application to obtain e.g. Sihedron amulets for all characters and multiple times. It might be that all your characters must be 'new' (no Hero completion of this scenario) or even one of them. I really don't know, sorry. :)

Loot cards are tracked on the party level (your "game completion" above).  Once a party save is awarded those cards, it should not see them again even if you swap around your characters.

However... if the goal is to farm or replace loot, it is possible to use those different saves against each other to um... confuse the game into making it pretty easy.  The full instructions are here (I think it still works).

The trick is to start a new game with a new character.  You will now have a fresh save with no record of gaining Loot cards.  After you are at the Map Screen, go to the Character Management window and add in a few experienced characters you're "borrowing" from a high-level party.  

That will open up all the scenarios to the highest level of completion for your experienced characters. From there, just replay any scenario that hands out loot on Normal.  While the experienced characters won't get anything, the "new guy" in the party should receive the loot cards.

It still takes a little effort to cheat the system, but it's not like you have to replay the entire game to replace a Loot card you may have accidentally lost.  You just have to overcome a minor handicap of replaying a scenario with a completely unleveled character and keeping them alive.

Edits: Spelling..

Edited by Ethics Gradient