POE (ps4) Long load times

roguespy

Question

Not sure where to properly bring this to obsidians attentian, but Im consistently getting 45 second and up to a minute load times in each transition to a new area on the ps4 version of pillars.This is the first time load times have affected my enjoyment of a game so much that I could no longer play it. Please fix with a patch soon obsidian.

6 answers to this question

Yeah the loading is really bad in this game . But it would be worth it if it was the only thing.

I already came across on major (abilities that i should get from items not appearing in my ability menu) and a few quest related bugs. It really annoys the hell out of me that neither Obsidian nor Paradox went to any effort fix the issue with the bugs since their is no workaround on console. I bought this at full price because i want to support these type of games and a studio like Obsidian (and Paradox for that matter) but it really soured me on the whole experience.

If the game doesn't get any updates beyond version 1.04 i am just sticking to PC versions from these publishers.

Yeah the loading is really bad in this game . But it would be worth it if it was the only thing.

I already came across on major (abilities that i should get from items not appearing in my ability menu) and a few quest related bugs. It really annoys the hell out of me that neither Obsidian nor Paradox went to any effort fix the issue with the bugs since their is no workaround on console. I bought this at full price because i want to support these type of games and a studio like Obsidian (and Paradox for that matter) but it really soured me on the whole experience.

If the game doesn't get any updates beyond version 1.04 i am just sticking to PC versions from these publishers.

AFAIK Obsidian did work on the issue on PC and they did some work on it for Tyranny as well, but the problem was so deep in Unity4 that they weren't able to fix it completely. I believe they were able to fix the issue on Deadfire though since it uses a newer version of Unity. 

Don't know if Paradox Arctic did any work on the loading issue on consoles. I know Obsidian didn't since they didn't really have anything to do with the console versions. 

Hate the living, love the dead.