Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2-handed Paladin - RP and optimization

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TomReneth

TomReneth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts

Finally settled on a build. Thanks for the input guys :)

Human - Aedyr, Laborer (RP reasons)

Darcozzi Paladini

Attributes

Might = 15

Constitution = 15

Dexterity = 13

Perception = 12

Intelligence = 10

Resolve = 13

Abilities

1: Flames of Devotion

3: Zealous Focus

5: Liberating Exhortation

Talents

2: Weapon Focus

4: Vulnerable Attack

6: Inspiring Liberation

After level 6, I'll probably look into things like Two-Handed Style, Apprentice Sneak Attack and such things to boost the base damage more. Anyone have some suggestions regarding level 7 and onwards? Besides Sacred Immolation, I mean :p

Madscientist

Madscientist

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I have posted the "Holy Warrior of Fire".

I wanted to do it anyway, but this thread has encouraged me to do it now.

My build seems quite similar to what you want to do.

Why do you use a paladin with low int?

The size of their auras and the size+duration of sacred immolation will profit from it.

I would switch the values of int and con.

But this is your char and you can do whatever you want. I am playing on hard too and it is so easy that almost any char can do it, especially when you use a full party.

• Lampros likes this

mosspit

mosspit

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
Sworn Enemy is great. Once per encounter and last for the entire battle so it is independent of low int.
Coordinate Attacks. Buffing the nearest ally with 10 acc is nice.

The rest is tad more situational. I like Reviving Exhortation as it is fast cast, and heals for quite alot of endurance. Aegis of Loyalty has a synergy with Scared Immolation, but is not needed for every battle.
  • Lampros likes this

Lampros

Lampros

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 385 posts

Sworn Enemy is great. Once per encounter and last for the entire battle so it is independent of low int.
Coordinate Attacks. Buffing the nearest ally with 10 acc is nice.

The rest is tad more situational. I like Reviving Exhortation as it is fast cast, and heals for quite alot of endurance. Aegis of Loyalty has a synergy with Scared Immolation, but is not needed for every battle.

I can no longer do without Aegis of Loyalty, as it - in combination with Sacred Immolation - made all the treachery-type of attacks irrelevant. Sure, the Priest can counter it too - but it is less effective, not as readily available, and requires more micro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users