D:OS II

Nail

Yeah, the original was great. I haven't played this one yet but can only imagine that this one is just as good or not better.

I'm hoping they make another Ego Draconis next, that game was rpg perfection.

It's better. Way better. The best game they ever did. Trust me. Still, I would also like another Dragon Knight - Saga.

I meant to put "if" not better lol but for some reason I put "or" not better which makes it a completely different sentence.

But yeah, I believe you, it does look alot better even by the trailers and stuff alone :)

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'd like to be playing this, but apparently due to underestimating multiplayer server load they had to disable the Direct Connection method required for cross-play between GOG and Steam. It doesn't even add up, why is a "direct" connection even affected by their servers? Looks like the solution is to either use third-party software (namely Hamachi, which is so last decade) or to wait until they add more server capacity and flick the switch back on. Ugh.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The game is good.   :)

I will agree with this for sure.  I've put about 7 hours into it and have only started to explore Fort Joy on the Island.  There are quite a few things that Larian has improved upon since the first game and after having played 7 hours, I must say that having a person voice the narration part of conversations makes the writing stand out more.  Not having to read the "expressive ways that people convey their thoughts" inbetween their actual dialogue is a huge welcome change and I will say putting voices to everything makes the story/quests more engaging for me. 

I like the improvements to the combat so far, with the memory system and the AP system having a small cap.  It makes the combat feel smoother and less timely, even in larger scale fights with lots of enemies.  

Learning from the first game though, I have been picking up all the paintings waiting to sell them to the write person so that I can be a millionaire, however I'm thinking I'll have to hold onto them until I get off this island lol.  One last thing, but definitely not thee last thing I've been enjoying about the game is the little touches that the developers have added.  I know it was a kickstarter thing and I didn't give to this amount, but making portraits/paintings of the people who gave a certain level during the kickstarter is just crazy awesome in my opinion.  Seeing the different paintings/portraits as I come across them is just neat.

I will mention that, like Divinity Original Sin, I'm finding myself take extra time with everything, not wanting to miss any component of a quest, or even an entire quest itself because of the detail that's in the game and I'm assuming that's made my progression slow, but I've been really enjoying it overall.  I will definitely get my monies' worth, a few times over with this game, since kickstarting it, but honestly, if it holds up to what I've played so far, I'd easily keep kickstarting Larian's games, especially those dealing with the Original Sin world.  Sorry for any words/quotes improperly used.  Have been trying to spend what time I can with the game, since it's been so enjoyable and that leads me to play late into the night after getting up too early lol  As always, real life, go away:)

Oh, I will quickly add that I chose Ifan as my main, and have since picked up Fane, Lohse, and The Red Prince, because the origin stories have been really interesting so far.

Edited by SadExchange
  • Like 1

"I must say that having a person voice the narration part of conversations makes the writing stand out more."

Except the voice actor they got to do the narrator is absolutely garbage.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'll have to disagree with that... the voice actors (to me at least) in the trailer are top-notch on the caliber or the Arkham games and Uncharted series.

I enjoy the voice acting and writing in the tailers, as well as the animations.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Tried the first scene. Everything looking nice and picking up right where DOS1 ended, the writing also seems to be a promising mix of tolerable and snarky rather than awfully written over-the-top humour, which is a great sign. But I've only played 15 minutes.

The voice acting for the narrator is god awful and it's a good thing it can apparently be turned off. It's hard to keep up quality VA for something with so many lines all over the place, but it's just terrible. 

That's small fry though, compared to just how long combat is going to take in this game without animation skipping/speedup. Already in the first 10 minutes of the game you're bored waiting for enemy turns. Well, that will be small fry too if the gameplay ends up being great, so we'll see.

• Like 1

I respect the opinions of others here and am always under the impression that everyone has their own thoughts, but I quite like all the voice acting so far.  And the writing definitely seems to be a step up from the previous title.  I'm hoping that the new system of AP does transfer into quicker battles as sometimes some battles taking a good long time in D:OS, but we'll see.  I think I'm level 5 so far and will say I've really been enjoying the music as well.  Excited to put more time in for sure.

So, um, this looks a lot like PoE in many ways, should I get just Divinity:Original Sin 1 (well, the enhanced version) or just 2 or both?

And yeah, the heck is up with the super long neck on the elf character, looked wierdly out of place on an otherwise human proportioned body.

Edited by smjjames

I was a bit burned by Tyranny.  I started gung ho but ended ho hum.  However, I should give it another chance.  Only started once and played to the end of the prologue or beginning or whatever.  Also, I loved Pillars, but I found that I petered out on that after the end of the White March 1, which is odd now that I think of it because I really enjoyed the White March.

Anyhow, the question is, start a new game of Tyranny, finish my Pillars run with the White March 2, or buy this one and play it.  Decisions decisions decisions.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Played the game for about 30 hours, my verdict - it's good.

But Llarian royally screwed up with multiplayer at Friday night.

14.09.17 - everything worked fine: direct connections, GM mode etc., - played with my steam and gog buddies together

15.09.17 / till now - not working properly, only via evolvehq, hamachi, tunngle, that was a bummer, so I played solo.

And there are some weird interactions...

I've rumbled a bit here

Still the game is fine, I'm playing im my manner - lone wolf, solo.

With undead character perk "play dead" all fights can be cheesy easy.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Played the game for about 30 hours, my verdict - it's good.

But Llarian royally screwed up with multiplayer at Friday night.

14.09.17 - everything worked fine: direct connections, GM mode etc., - played with my steam and gog buddies together

15.09.17 / till now - not working properly, only via evolvehq, hamachi, tunngle, that was a bummer, so I played solo.

And there are some weird interactions...

I've rumbled a bit here

Still the game is fine, I'm playing im my manner - lone wolf, solo.

With undead character perk "play dead" all fights can be cheesy easy.

Turns out the "direct connection" feature being unselectable just means you have to type in the IP address of the host instead of the special code for joining. Works fine despite the checkbox. Might need to forward ports if you're behind a router.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Turns out the "direct connection" feature being unselectable just means you have to type in the IP address of the host instead of the special code for joining. Works fine despite the checkbox. Might need to forward ports if you're behind a router.

We have tried this option - not working. Direct connection is not just giving an easy code for connection.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I've played direct connection multiplayer the last couple of nights (the last session finishing just half an hour ago) with this method and it's worked without a hitch, not sure what else would affect it. I'm hosting and have forwarded ports 23243-23262, co-op buddy has not changed anything.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

We have tried this option - not working. Direct connection is not just giving an easy code for connection.

I have the same problem.

So, um, this looks a lot like PoE in many ways, should I get just Divinity:Original Sin 1 (well, the enhanced version) or just 2 or both?

And yeah, the heck is up with the super long neck on the elf character, looked wierdly out of place on an otherwise human proportioned body.

You should get both...

Divinity Original Sin is far different from Divinity Original Sin 2. It's not as crazy with the races and all that, everything is simpler.

I'm playing it in multiplayer and have every night since friday. Friday was off to a rocky start, but once they fixed their servers it went very smoothly. Both yesterday and saturday we had no issues whatsoever with multiplayer. We're not using the direct connect option though, just using steam to connect to each other, so that could be why.

I don't really mind the narrator. I believe he's been in their games for a long time. Pretty sure he was in DOS1 and probably The Dragon Knight Saga (which is the only non-DOS game I've played from Larian).

I'm playing it in multiplayer and have every night since friday. Friday was off to a rocky start, but once they fixed their servers it went very smoothly. Both yesterday and saturday we had no issues whatsoever with multiplayer. We're not using the direct connect option though, just using steam to connect to each other, so that could be why.

I don't really mind the narrator. I believe he's been in their games for a long time. Pretty sure he was in DOS1 and probably The Dragon Knight Saga (which is the only non-DOS game I've played from Larian).

The Dragon Knight Saga will always be my favorite Larian game :)

Some random magister killed the black cat that was following me.

I'm playing on tactician mode and only a couple of hours in but its combat is almost completely binary- I either roflstomp everything with no casualties or get roflstomped with the enemy taking no casualties. The latter type have all been optional/ avoidable though, so no real problem.