D:OS II

Nail

For some reason I was not impressed by alpha release, played it for several hours I guess...

But I'm looking forward to play some on the release date on Sep 14.

What are your thought on this product?

• Like 1

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Haven't followed this at all. Loved aspects of the first one but lost interest in it pretty quickly.

How does this one compare?

Take a look at youtube for some highlights I guess. They did many updates with new features.

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Woah! I was actually gonna make a thread about this - If I had done it, it probably wouldn't get much attention.

Anyways, the sequel looks much better and more expansive than the first in every way. I'm still wondering if I should buy it though. It's far different than the first.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I've seen a few of the companion trailers, I have to say that they look far more fun and interesting than what we got in anything like Pillars but the writing is wacky and crazy.

All that said, yes yes I want it! :o

It's just a matter if you like Larian's brand of humor that may make the cut or alas, ye be willing to dabble in it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I myself am very excited for D:OS 2's release this Thursday.  I know that the first game's liking on this board can be divisive, but I fall on the side of really enjoying the aspect of the old school way that your hand isn't held.  I also love turn-based combat.  I don't think the first game was perfect, but what they ended up doing with the enhanced edition and how they easily made it accessible to console players really made it a sit back and chill game on my couch.  I only put about an hour in the sequel's early access because with the first game's EA, I got a little burned out, but I'm very excited to check out the characters and all the changes to the different systems they have in play in this game.

I know it can be quirky humor to some, but I really enjoy the different characters in their games and the writing along with it.  The fact that they fully voiced the sequel astounds me.  However, to each their own, but I'm really looking forward to this title's release. 

• Like 1

Right?!

Why is there no Obsidian game in history have any companions this exciting?

I'm not saying that Obsidian's companions aren't good just not as nearly as fun and interesting. Seriously, the companions in this game look absolutely amazing.

Right?!

Why is there no Obsidian game in history have any companions this exciting?

I'm not saying that Obsidian's companions aren't good just not as nearly as fun and interesting. Seriously, the companions in this game look absolutely amazing.

Well, I won't say that Obsidian's companions aren't as good.  I will note that I played through D:OS on the PS$, but not on the PC yet, due to being burned out from the EA.  I have a game going with a friend on D:OS (PC) which has been some good fun on the Tactitian Difficulty.  I can't put my finger on, but I have started PoE about 4 times now and can't break the 4-5 hour mark in the game.  I must have played the first 5 hours about 5 times now and then put it on the backburner.  It may be that, to me, it's a larger, more story engrossing game and I never feel like I have a 2-3 hour session to throw at it, and then will not pick it up until I have that time and by then, it's been enough of awhile, where I feel the need to start over lol.  The hard thing is, PoE is right up my alley. I loved the infinity engine games and for years, wanted more, so I feel the wanting constantly to play through it, Tyranny, and Torment.....Time....Ugh....

However, maybe it's my own self and feeling that I spend a lot of my work day on the pc and would rather play something on a console after work, if I get the time, so hearing the positive reactions about PoE on the ps4 has been great news so far.  Who knows, guess I'll find out with the release of D:OS2...

Thats kind of a shallow look at companions. Aren't good? Aren't interesting? If you want your companions to feel like play actors in a mid summer nights dream doing a casting reel then sure, I guess by those standards Obsidian is technically less fun? Not every hero or hero's companion needs to be some sort of superior champion archetype keen on telling you why they are so fantastic.

• Like 2

Hmmm...

That's exactly why I said "I'm not saying Obsidian's companions aren't as good" I was hoping that would clarify what I was trying to say...

Fun and interesting as in humorous and out there. I wouldn't say Obsidian has done anything quite like that as the writers are complete opposites.

Exciting as in I'm more exciting to see/play as these characters than Deadfire's companions (from what has been revealed so far) However, that excitement may be subject to change once we get closer to Deadfire's release - so lomg as the community here doesn't try to oversell things like what was with the first game.

We should probably note that her backstory seems remarkably similar to that of Fenris from *suppresses a bit of vomit* Dragon Age 2, except Sebille is also part Space Marine, what with the ability to gain the memories of someone whose body parts she has eaten. Will still play as her first.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The DivOS companions were pretty good, but certainly nowhere near as involved as the typical Obsidian or Bioware ones. Most of their personal quests are stacked towards the end game though, so you don't get much from them if you don't get that far.

I myself am very excited for D:OS 2's release this Thursday.  I know that the first game's liking on this board can be divisive

Funny, I thought it had a very good reputation here. Maybe it's because I don't read the PoE forums much, I'd guess there's some competition between the two for best crowdfunded RPG and RT/P vs TB. And while theoretically their settings are quite similarly themed the practical application is almost diametrically opposed.

I already have DivOS2 as a backer, but probably will wait a bit for patching before playing and as I have other games to complete.

The other one with red hair reminds me of what her face from Witcher 3 - Triss... except crazier, which I like :p

Maybe that's what makes these characters so apealing to me, they seem psychologically damaged in most areas and I've always been interested in the human psyche.

I'm pretty sure this will be great. They had a very, very solid game with a great formula worked out for the first one and this will probably be the bigger & meatier version. Sure, the combat system's gimmicky and ultimately supereasy, but those gimmicks are fantastic enough to last you quite a while and it looks like they've thrown in even more cool stuff. 

Larian writing has been bottom of the barrel Disney channel cringe for the entire company history, but DOS1 was excellent enough even with Gandalf and the idiot imp and whatever. We'll see if their investment in writers has paid off - can't really judge by origin intros, those kinds of things always make any character look like a stereotype.

The presentation on those videos are mindblowingly slick, though. The narration for the combat video should be the new standard for everybody else.

• Like 1

0wuazAb.jpg

Haha, true! I was a bit shocked with their elven design... Long necks, eating flesh - weird :) 

Good thing they made an option to play as an undead character.

Looking forward to test out their arena and co-op.

As for the npc character spotlights - I'm not fond of their idea to make such acquaintance.

They made it way too simple. For some it may be great - plain and simple, but it's not deep as Obsidian / Black Isle did, when you learn the npc through the game content.

Anyway I prefer to play alone to max out game difficulty :no:

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

This grabs me. I found myself wanting to learn more about the characters past.

These Origin Stories vids look very pompous and remarkably silly, with the ball-jointed mannequin-like animation hardly helping. I haven't played the first Divinity or seen much of the second, but are these at all representative of the game's overall tone? Might just skip them.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

These Origin Stories vids look very pompous and remarkably silly, with the ball-jointed mannequin-like animation hardly helping. I haven't played the first Divinity or seen much of the second, but are these at all representative of the game's overall tone? Might just skip them.

Yep, that is definitely the tone of Larian games. If you don't like silliness and tongue in cheek humor, it is not a good fit for you.

Honestly, if you don't chuckle when you hear the name DIVINE DIVINITY, you really aren't in the target audience.

• Like 3