Pillars of Eternity game-killer on Xbox One.

DoctorM73

Question

Dear Obsidian Folks,

I recently purchased PoE for Xbox One, and have been enthusiastically playing it for some time. In general, it's been a great experience, soul-crushing loading times aside. However, today, as I transitioned between levels, the auto-save informed me that the file was now larger "than allowed" and that the game would therefore not save. The same applied when attempting a manual save. There is plenty of space on my hard disk, so this seems to be game-specific.

Obviously there's little point in me proceeding without a working save function. Is there a workaround for this, or a plan to fix the problem? I'd hate to have to abandon a great game, especially after investing so much time in it!

Best regards.

5 answers to this question

It sounds like a bug. Have you tried pressing cancel and going back to see if it saved? Sometimes games do that.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

well, it will teach him to use proper gaming platform - PC :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"