I'm about to start an Ultimate run as a Chanter* and I just had a thought: are there any Disposition levels that are particularly useful to have? Usually I role play my characters and don't worry too much that I might be missing out on some options by not having the required dispositions, but for this run I naturally want to have every advantage available.

Are there any encounters that you can avoid and/or get better rewards by having particular Dispositions? Obviously I don't want to avoid any of the required fights, but as far as I'm aware fights like Adaryc aren't required for the achievement and can be avoided with high Rational and Diplomatic Dispositions (as well as high Resolve and Intellect) so it might be easiest to avoid them. Can anyone think of any other such fights and what Dispositions they require?

*Yes, I will be making use of the Invocation bug :p

Afaik:

- you should aim for rational 2+, honest 2+ ( useful in different place , es in the wael quest in the first city if you have deception 1+ the dwarf priestess will not belive you/ for duc's hearings if you aim to save animancy)

- for sure with benevolent 3 or cruel 3 you can skip the tavern fight with the elf servant of the caed nua pretender

- you need at least cruel 1+ to trow someone in the skaen pool ( this will not matter for your current run anyway)

• Like 2

For most part, its really only for roleplay unless your Watcher is a Priest or Paladin. Nearly every quest and their best rewards can be gotten even without them. Dispositions also allow you to finish quests in different ways; usually by avoiding combat.

Some notable ones though:

During The Parable of Wael quest, if you have a Deceptive score of 2 or greater and choose to hide the scroll you won't get a reward for finishing the quest. This can be avoided by having an Honest disposition of 1 or higher.

In the quest A Return to Court you can use either Benevolent 3 or Cruel 3 options to avoid combat with Emery.

In Lle a Rhemen, Nridrak will automatically attack after dialog if you have a Cruel 2 disposition.

You must have at least 1 Cruel disposition to sacrifice someone into the blood pit in the Temple of Skaen.

Edited by Wolken3156
  • Like 3

Regarding the fight with Adaryc: Cruel 2+ has inevitably lead to a fight, in my experience.  He has a dialog line referencing Cruel 2, along the lines of (paraphrasing): "Your reputation precedes you - you cannot be trusted.  Attack!".  It may be something that can be avoided with higher Diplomatic / Rational reputation though - not sure.

• Like 1

Are there any encounters that you can avoid and/or get better rewards by having particular Dispositions?

You can check wiki)

Thanks to CompleCCity, FurloSK and Saucellama. I see they have put an effort into it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses everyone, and I'm very impressed by the information on the Wiki.

It looks to me like focusing on Diplomatic, Honest, Benevolent and Rational is a good route to take (outside of a solo game cruel 1 is good of course). Although as mentioned it's largely just for role-playing.

During The Parable of Wael quest, if you have a Deceptive score of 2 or greater and choose to hide the scroll you won't get a reward for finishing the quest. This can be avoided by having an Honest disposition of 1 or higher.

This one amuses me because it means that a Priest of Wael is among the characters most likely to miss the reward.  I guess getting some direct deity interaction is reward enough! 

• Like 1

For most part, its really only for roleplay unless your Watcher is a Priest or Paladin. For most part, every quest and their best rewards can be gotten even without them. Dispositions for most part allow you to finish quests in different ways; usually by avoiding combat.

Some notable ones though:

In the quest A Return to Court you can use either Benevolent 3 or Cruel 3 options to avoid combat with Emery.

In Lle a Rhemen, Nridrak will automatically attack after dialog if you have a Cruel 2 disposition.

You must have at least 1 Cruel disposition to sacrifice someone into the blood pit in the Temple of Skaen.

Very useful!