No. I have tested it a lot. It's not true in case of Chanter's amulet and Boots of Leader for paladin. This two items increasing base value by 10% and then this value affected by int. (BASE*1.1) + Int modifier in persent. That's how this work.

Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

Then why is the inner circle of the chanter's AoE indicator (=base radius) not changing while the outer cirlce widens by 20%?

noVoieotM.png?dl=1

It says 20% in the description, too (not that this is proof or something).

I just tested it 30 seconds ago to be sure. The inner circle doesn't move. How did you test it? By adding/substracting INT while wearing it? Maybe the indicator doesn't adapt to a change of base radius.

I'm testing it right now and don't understand. :blink:

Ring of Overseer (+10% to AoE) with chanter having 20 INT (+60% to AoE):

Chanter with 20 int have 4*1.6 = 6.4 radius. Ok. Then i equiped Ring and radius of Beloved Spirits became 6.71 meters. I have no idea how this value appear!

(4*1.1) * 1.6 = 7.04. Wrong.

(4*1.6) + 10% = 7.04. Wrong.

(4*1.7) = 6.8. Wrong.

What the...trick?!

I guess VotMt only gets calculated as base when it comes to INT, not when the increase of Overseeing is calculated?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

"I guess VotMt only gets calculated as base when it comes to INT, not when the increase of Overseeing is calculated?" - about VotMt and Boot of Leadership i have no questions. About Overseeing... I tested ONLY Overseeing Ring. And i don't understand how this item works...

INT 20. Base is 4 meters. + bonus from INT (60%) we got 6.4 meters.

vlpYUMc.jpg

With Ring of Overseer we have 6.71 radius:

Pvv42xy.jpg

I wonder how this value is computed?

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

INT 20. Base is 4 meters. + bonus from INT (60%) we got 6.4 meters.

vlpYUMc.jpg

With Ring of Overseer we have 6.71 radius:

Pvv42xy.jpg

I wonder how this value is computed?

I was noticing that the Overseeing stuff does not seem to add as much as I expected at higher Intelligence values, too. Now I am wondering if they are worth it at all...

INT 20 with no gear:

6h2AtNA.jpg

INT 20 with Overseeing Ring + Voice of Mountaintop:

i9fIV9B.jpg

INT 20 with ring & amulet and Crown of the Fateful spell (+6 Int):

7Og999f.jpg

Edited by Phenomenum

I think it's worth it. If you put together all this bonuses, it nearly double AoE radius.
This is a whole game trick - you're never find (or got) weapon or talent which is break whole game (like +5 Carsomir from Baldur's Gate). Instead of this, you must think with you mind - how to  put together all bonuses and benefits to reach higher efficiency. That's why i love this game.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

After some more testing I found out that the overseeing enchantment (like Voice of the Mountaintop) will get multiplied with the INT bonus. It seems to add a 5% bonus to the base radius and both is the used to calculated the final AoE size with the bonus from INT:

With 30 INT:

4 * 1.05 = 4.2 (base with overseeing)
4.2 * 2.2 = 9.24 - which is roughly about what Ancient Memory tells me (9.23 in char sheet)

with 20 INT:

4.2 * 1.6 = 6.72 (which is near 6.71 from the char sheet)

with 15 INT:

4.2 * 1.3 = 5.46 (char sheet: 5.45)

with 100 INT:

4.2 *  6.4 = 26,88 (char sheet: 26.85) 

Actually it's 4.8828125% and not 5%, but well...

I have no idea how they implemented this and WHY? And why do they say it raises the AoE by 10%? Maybe they thought "well, if we increase the radius by 5% then the actual area will grow by 10%"? I mean that's roughly correct. In order to raise the area of a circle by ~10% you can add ~5% to the radius of the circle.

Same with the VotMt: it increases the area by 20% and not the radius.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

After some more testing I found out that the overseeing enchantment (like Voice of the Mountaintop) will get multiplied with the INT bonus. It seems to add a 5% bonus to the base radius and both is the used to calculated the final AoE size with the bonus from INT:

With 30 INT:

4 * 1.05 = 4.2 (base with overseeing)

4.2 * 2.2 = 9.24 - which is roughly about what Ancient Memory tells me (9.23 in char sheet)

with 20 INT:

4.2 * 1.6 = 6.72 (which is near 6.71 from the char sheet)

with 15 INT:

4.2 * 1.3 = 5.46 (char sheet: 5.45)

with 100 INT:

4.2 *  6.4 = 26,88 (char sheet: 26.85) 

Actually it's 4.8828125% and not 5%, but well...

I have no idea how they implemented this and WHY? And why do they say it raises the AoE by 10%? Maybe they thought "well, if we increase the radius by 5% then the actual area will grow by 10%"? I mean that's roughly correct. In order to raise the area of a circle by ~10% you can add ~5% to the radius of the circle.

Same with the VotMt: it increases the area by 20% and not the radius.

"Actually it's 4.8828125% and not 5%, but well..." - BLYAT'

"Same with the VotMt" - radius +20% = Area +10%? But it's equal: radius 4m +10% = 4.4 and then area diameter wiil be a 8.8 meters. Equal if 8.0+10%  - its wrong :banghead:

Maybe i don't understand anything?

Edited by Phenomenum

What do you mean? It increases the radius by ~10% which translates to ~20% increase of area (roughly, since A=π·r²).

No. 10% is 10% everywhere. If you add 10% to radious of 4m.it will be  4.4 radious = 8.8 diameter.

if you add 10% to diameter of area (8*1.1 = 8.8 )

Area = diameter, in our case.

Edited by Phenomenum

???

Area is the area of the cirlce. The place that gets covered. Diameter of the cirlce is 2*radius. And the area of a cirlce is calculated with Area = radius*radius*PI. 

What do you mean by saying area is diameter? That doesn't make any sense to me.

If you increase the radius of a circle by 10% you increase the area (NOT diameter) of that same circle by roughly 20%.

I just want to understand why OBS's descripton of VotMt says "+20% Area of Effect" while in reality it raises the radius by 10% - while with all other description (like INT bonuses for AoE sizes) they mean the radius and not the actual area.  

I think we're just talking past each other at the moment.

If you increase the radius of a circle by 10% you increase the area (NOT diameter) of that same circle by roughly 20%.

Let's do own calculations step by step.
1. Area of chant is the circle with base radius 4 m. and diameter (radius*2)
2. When we get bonus 10% to base value of radius (e.g. 4.4) we have same bonus to diameter of our Area of Effect: 10% = 8.8 diameter.

Sorry again for my language...i hope you understand :yes:

Edited by Phenomenum

Yes, it's wrong. Because at some point they mean the radius when they say +x% to AoE (for example when talking about INT bonus) and on another occasion they really seem to mean the increase in actual area and not the increase in radius.

What I am trying to say is that developers at Obsidian may (at some point during development) have changed how they want to communicate AoE increase. Do we mean the actual area? Do we mean the diameter? It's maybe all mixed up. Hence the 20% or 10% in the description when in reality it's 10% and 5% if you would want to describe AoE increase in a consistent way.

The descriptions of Overseeing and VotMt are clearly wrong if you interpret them in the same way like you would interpret AoE increase from INT.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yes, it's wrong. Because at some point they mean the radius when they say +x% to AoE (for example when talking about INT bonus) and on another occasion they really seem to mean the increase in actual area and not the increase in radius.

What I am trying to say is that developers at Obsidian may (at some point during development) have changed how they want to communicate AoE increase. Do we mean the actual area? Do we mean the diameter? It's maybe all mixed up. Hence the 20% or 10% in the description when in reality it's 10% and 5% if you would want to describe AoE increase in a consistent way.

The descriptions of Overseeing and VotMt are clearly wrong if you interpret them in the same way like you would interpret AoE increase from INT.

Indeed. That's what i try to say.

Edited by Phenomenum

• 2 months later...

Sry for necroing but i didn't want to start another thread. Is Tidefall dps better then two Drawn in spring?

What are your thoughts on a dual weilding ranger? With the addidional 20% atk speed from Swift aim ud have an easy time to reach zero recovery, right?

Tidefall is only better if you can achieve 0 recovery with it. If you can't (for example because you don't want to use potions) then dual Drawn in Spring is better.

Generally speaking I think Drawn in Spring is better. But the biggest advantage of Tidefall is that you can get it so early. And the draining is very good for front liners if you have decent dmg mods.

Yeah the draining+wounding+dual dmg types really make it a fantastic weapon. Since i fear Durgans Battery way more then i fear endless paths i consider durgan Steel more endgame then drawn in spring so the drawback for me about Tidefall is the slow speed and all the interrupts that come with it.